The Moderation Nation Space Program

TheKosmonaut

Sorry. I'm not following the turns - I just want to see someone who's better than KSP than me send Val to Vall and (hopefully) stop by Laythe. And if said person is a moderator, who knows what will happen? Also, I wanted to chip in with a suggestion anyway, and I tagged Snark because he's the only one who's built a station which can refuel itself that I know of. I haven't looked through ALL of the mission reports, so I'm not sure if anyone else has anything with an ISRU converter.

Edited by Random Spaceship
Better explanation

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GearsNSuch said:

Hm... 

Hide contents

Saidr1A.jpg

Soli-02.jpg

Might we need Holmes Kerman?

Also, are you beginning to see why nobody else has completed the Submarine Circumnavigation Challenge?

Good luck with the rest of your Magellaning!

Hehe, well that was pretty clear to me from the start, but I've always wanted to do it :)

On 9/30/2018 at 3:19 PM, Vanamonde said:

We were chosen to be moderators because we are helpful on the forum. Not because we are game geniuses. :D I myself am only mediocre at the game itself, and a couple of us have never left Kerbin SOI still. 

Hehe... You're in good company. I've not left Kerbin's SOI since 0.90...

• 4 months later...

Pu9WazR.jpg

KBWvV8r.jpg

Fbuf2cK.jpg

a3bzcJL.jpg

uKxbTUq.jpg

zy9p0eX.jpg

TX1Auao.jpg

In case you were wondering, yes, I lost the dinghy by accident. Glad we brought a spare :)

That dinghy is just too much fun, it can do flips and cartwheels and everything. But a pilot is recommended for higher speeds ;)

7 hours ago, Lego8_bit said:

Try a fuel tanker that exceeds 208 mph on the water XD and has and OBSENE amount of fuel that can power 1000 v8s for 5 years

Well I could, but I wanted to give myself the added challenge of attempting the whole thing without refuelling :)

11 hours ago, Deddly said:

Well I could, but I wanted to give myself the added challenge of attempting the whole thing without refuelling :)

Did you do the math for that, or are you just winging it? I’m kind of shocked at the number of KSP players that embark on epic journeys without doing basic mission planning—Then again, I’m the type to do an enormous amount of planning and testing and then never complete anything...

Edit: From one of the earlier comics: 152484 total LF / 0.37 LF/s * 19m/s = 7800km. I assume you aimed for Kerbin circumference * 2

Edited by FleshJeb

2 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

Did you do the math for that, or are you just winging it? I’m kind of shocked at the number of KSP players that embark on epic journeys without doing basic mission planning—Then again, I’m the type to do an enormous amount of planning and testing and then never complete anything...

Edit: From one of the earlier comics: 152484 total LF / 0.37 LF/s * 19m/s = 7800km. I assume you aimed for Kerbin circumference * 2

I didn't do any exact calculations because it isn't easy to see how far this journey really is on a map, but in designing the ship, I aimed for something like you described above, yes. My hope was that the fuel margin would be close enough to make me worried, and I was right, as we shall see soon :)

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Nice.  I really love the flipping over of the dinghy to dock to the sub.

Happy landings!

That was actually my favourite moment from this entire mission so far. Totally unplanned (I was supposed to have a sub and another RIB in reserve at this point, remember) but it worked out really well. Improvisation for the win :)

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

What came off the sub and why? 

The ocean floor suddenly jumped out at Valentina in the darkness. She saw it looming out of the shadows and pulled up in an attempt to avoid contact, but the rear of the craft grazed the sea floor, destroying some balast and a vital control surface, as well as knocking one of the engines off. The pictures show how she wrestled with the controls in an attempt to regain some control, so as to avoid surfacing too fast because of the sudden increase in buoyancy, but the craft nevertheless took extra damage when it burst through the surface like a cork from a champagne bottle, as can be seen in the last image. 

1 hour ago, Deddly said:

The ocean floor suddenly jumped out at Valentina in the darkness. She saw it looming out of the shadows and pulled up in an attempt to avoid contact, but the rear of the craft grazed the sea floor, destroying some balast and a vital control surface, as well as knocking one of the engines off. The pictures show how she wrestled with the controls in an attempt to regain some control, so as to avoid surfacing too fast because of the sudden increase in buoyancy, but the craft nevertheless took extra damage when it burst through the surface like a cork from a champagne bottle, as can be seen in the last image. 

Oh. 

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.