Kerbal Aircraft Expansion _Continued "New Management"

SpannerMonkey(smce)

wIVMx0x.png

d3sYIkj.png

Still THE pack of select vanilla-inspired parts for your aircrafting needs!

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

For further info please visit the thread linked below

Kerbal Aircraft Expansion V2.7.2

The continuation of the Kerbal Aircraft Expansion created by @keptin

Currently under management by SpannerMonkey and the SM TestGroup

Special thanks go in this update to @DoctorDavinci for overhauling all the textures . @inigma for testing and advice. and the  guys on the overwhelmed test team. Thanks muchly all

Previous version listed for KSP 1.2.2 has  known issues in KSP 1.3.1 and although functional will produce log errors that may lead to diminished game quality. Use at own risk.

Last released Version of KAX 

KAX on CurseForge

Installation

Extract the KAX folder, Firespitter folder, and ModuleManager.dll into your KSP Gamedata folder.  
Be sure to properly extract the Firespitter/Resources folder or you will have FScoolant errors on loading the electric prop.  
If you already have Firespitter and/or Module Manager, use the latest versions of their .dll plugins.

2M cockpit - 2M Fuselage (jet fuel) - 2M Structural Fuselage (empty) - -2M Tail Boom

New textures

3Ix85vB.png

-Copyright Overview-

KAX models, textures, and sounds are created by Keptin, who retains all copyrights.
Snjo retains all rights for the Firespitter plugin.

You may:
Modify KAX in anyway for your personal use
Use KAX models, textures, and assets to create derivative works
Distribute sufficiently modified versions of KAX parts or newly created derivative parts
Distribute video, screenshots or other media portraying unmodified or modified versions of KAX
All other rights are reserved

Specifically, you may not:
Distribute unmodified versions of KAX, in part or whole, without permission
Use KAX for any commercial purpose

This KSP Mod incorporates category creation  code from a part of USITools called PartCatalog.cs and is used under the GPLv3 License. (GPLv3)

Thanks to @keptin for agreeing to allow my team to assume management and updating of KAX. ps hope you don't mind me borrowing KAX graphic

Its is our intention to preserve the stock a like compatibility and versatility  of these parts, and any subsequent parts will be designed with that in mind.  We would hope that any new part will blend seamlessly with the current parts and add to rather than detract from the mods functionality

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
1.4.x provisional

9 minutes ago, inigma said:

And the GAP crowd rejoices!  :D:D:D  Glad to see KAX picked up by a most awesome modder. :D

Cheers, and you'll be glad to know a beta is only hours away,  thats the plan, but we know how plans go . 

Also I intend, given the holes pointed out to me elsewhere by my trusty team, to fill some of the gaps in aircraft availability and type. As is my way new parts usually come in groups, so it's unlikely that there'll be many single items appearing as updates, but more kits of parts, all in the stock a like theme ( which i can sort of pull off) , so for example  a cockpit , tail and cargo bay, wings if it proves too tedious making them from parts. SO bigger will be the KAX of the future

I think I can show a little sample from a few days ago , well a full 12 hours after adoption :)  and approved as good by Keptin

Spoiler

Any possibility us airplane builders could get a working wooden propeller part out of this so we can make these things?

SESYoXm.png

This is currently a downscaled KAX tail rotor part.  Would be cool though if we could get a small propeller plane engine though for early aircraft. :)

Edited by inigma

1 hour ago, Combatsmithen said:

My game gets stuck on the KAX Electric Prop when loading up. Any help?

I think thats normally from firespitter not being installed properly. It uses the “FScoolant” resource, so firespitter needs to have the resource definition config, not just the plugin.

11 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

though wood props would (and somebody will correct me) only be two-bladed

TGPwoVc.png

12 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

My game gets stuck on the KAX Electric Prop when loading up. Any help?

Hi all re dependency and FS, especially the FS, it's my intention over time, as i do with ,most of my projects, to make it standalone. So that even if you only install KAX it will be full operational.

This wont happen for a while yet(T&C's) , but small steps toward are already in place.  There was an included resource file in the last KAX release to work around it being missing in FS, The simple solution is to bring it in house as a custom KAX resource, say hello to KAXdropro drone propellant.

12 hours ago, Shirson said:

That file isn’t here anymore

Hi ooop s , having some trouble with Dropbox of late, link will be restored asap. cheers

9 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

TGPwoVc.png

Hi all re dependency and FS, especially the FS, it's my intention over time, as i do with ,most of my projects, to make it standalone. So that even if you only install KAX it will be full operational.

This wont happen for a while yet(T&C's) , but small steps toward are already in place.  There was an included resource file in the last KAX release to work around it being missing in FS, The simple solution is to bring it in house as a custom KAX resource, say hello to KAXdropro drone propellant.

Hi ooop s , having some trouble with Dropbox of late, link will be restored asap. cheers

Dropbox is still broke

Regarding a custom KAX resource: is there a chance of including/supporting an MM config that swaps out the KAX custom resources for more common ones from CRP for those of us that have extensive modded installs (and therefore likely to have the needed dependencies anyway)? I'd rather have a common pool of resources that the mods I use pull from (that make sense) than each one using their own set of custom resources, if possible.

51 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

The radial engine's animation is broken, doesn't play, displays a static model of the prop being still as well as of a static spinning animation at the same time.

Hi I'm aware of some problems with the current old release and am working my way through the issues. Due to extra unexpected problems this is taking a little longer than i first projected .  I would very much like to see a copy of the KSP.log from an existing user who has not downloaded the linked release and are using a legacy version.   I'm going to remove the the link now as I feel that it will continue causing problems long after it's removed, and i have no wish to have merging good install with defective install problems going forwards.

Sorry for any inconvenience , service will be resumed shortly.
cheers

@Combatsmithen As i suspected the previously linked download was not what not was supposed to be, I have made available a link to the last released version  on Curseforge  which was for KSP 1.2.2 ,This version IS known to have issues, and although all engines are functional there are problems that will cause log spam

Progress report, all being well , final testing is about to commence with a beautifully clean log.  

So among the tasks completed,  Custom Category for KAX parts .   Rebuilding of all prop engines except the tail rotor ( which was trouble free)  to remove prop spinner errors and log spam . logging  once every revolution  ends up being a lot of spam.   EN/US localisation as it's sort of obligatory these days. as usual the bulk of this was accomplished by @gomker and his marvelous scripting talents

Addition of the 3 vintage engines which are available in standard , sport and heavy version,  the standard single cylinder, liquid fuel guzzling  engine will astound you with it's awesome 3.5kn of power. And while i struggled to build something that would work at the requested feeble power,  @inigma kindly provided a craft that would indeed fly with that little power, and provided "stock a feel" balancing assistance and design suggestions.    Although they are small the little craft these little engines push or pull along are great fun to fly.  ( I'd have never guessed :) )

The most noticeable difference being the stock alike appearance,  it's even more stock alike than before , and all parts have been given the treatment.   @DoctorDavinci he who is blessed with far more color appreciation than I , completely reworked every texture , and as icing on the cake added full KAX support to DCK

3Ix85vB.png