Wow, 6 months???

TopHeavy11

When you are away from KSP and its community for half a year (!), things really change.

I got sucked into another cool game (you can find it's name in the tags) and almost forgot about KSP completely, but thank Matt, I saw one of his videos in my recommended bar and remembered!

I can't believe I missed a whole update, and not to mention I need to binge-read some of my favorite KSP stories to catch up...dang.

Has anyone else been dormant in KSP for this long, and when you got back, everything changed? Tell me down below.

(P.S. I don't know why I made this thread in retrospect, just to see if this has happened to anyone else, maybe.)

I took a break awhile back for like 1/2 a year. Got really into another game. (Don't ask, it's dead now. Ok...it was Hawken, I know; I'm a loser lol.)

Anyways when I came back the whole aero model had been changed and squat, wide rockets were no longer the way to go. Needless to say this caused me considerable frustration as I had to re-learn how to build a rocket that worked.

Welcome back by the way!

6 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

I took a break awhile back for like 1/2 a year. Got really into another game. (Don't ask, it's dead now. Ok...it was Hawken, I know; I'm a loser lol.)

Anyways when I came back the whole aero model had been changed and squat, wide rockets were no longer the way to go. Needless to say this caused me considerable frustration as I had to re-learn how to build a rocket that worked.

Welcome back by the way!

Thanks! Since I took a break there was just the localization update and 1.3.1. I'm waiting for another big update though!
EDIT: Ah nevermind you weren't talking to me haha

Edited by Mr. Quark

2 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Nice! ...Wait, you have heard about the upcoming "Making History DLC" right? Although 1.4 may come before that, no one can really say atm.

Yeah, I have heard of it but I'm not really excited for that, as I got it a year after April of 2013 and I can't afford it if it's gonna be $10-15 and it seems to add things that should be in an update rather than a paid expansion

Edited by Mr. Quark

5 minutes ago, Mr. Quark said:

EDIT: Ah nevermind you weren't talking to me haha

Not specifically, but I wasn't not talking to you either. Welcome back to anyone who's been away! Lol.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Quark said:

Yeah, I have heard of it but I'm not really excited for that, as I got it a year after April of 2013 and I can't afford it if it's gonna be $10-15 and it seems to add things that should be in an update rather than a paid expansion

Well, I guess you can still look forward to 1.4 then, not sure what features it'll have though. Maybe the DLC will go on sale at some point and you can get it cheap? I'm going to withhold my opinion on whether it should be paid or not until it's released and I can see what it actually adds.

2 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Not specifically, but I wasn't not talking to you either. Welcome back to anyone who's been away! Lol.

Well, I guess you can still look forward to 1.4 then, not sure what features it'll have though. Maybe the DLC will go on sale at some point and you can get it cheap? I'm going to withhold my opinion on whether it should be paid or not until it's released and I can see what it actually adds.

I don't really want to look forwards to something that doesn't even have any announced plan features (Or even announced at all)

6 minutes ago, Mr. Quark said:

More time to play KSP haha

Yes. And I also have a few things I am working on right now. Within that four months, I need to do some traveling to finish the research on a book I am writing.

But in the meantime, I've got some things I will be working on within the next three weeks:

• I've got several sets of images I need to do for some forum folks...
  • I have a mod to update; I think I have my planet issue solved (for the most part).
  • And Kerny... got to add some chapters to his journal!

Burned out on KSP after I accidentally crashed an interplanetary shuttle into my Duna orbital base at about 350 m/s and hit F5 instead of holding F9 Afterwards. Haven't really played for more than 6 months, but kept watching vids on youtube and reading the forums though. Also, I got sucked into Rimworld pretty bad. But it'S nice to come back after a break.

On 13.10.2017 at 8:31 PM, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Omg, who hasn't had that monkey on their back? Lol.

That and Prison Architect. Ate up about a year of my life!

Oh yes, good old Prison Architect. And Aircraft CEO and Sim Airport are not helping much either. :)

Factorio ...... last half year went on it.... and the next vacation will be spend in it. I see already my wife in the middle of the night "just 5 more minutes, i need to fix that... oh, why is there suddenly light outside?" ... yeah :D

Oh yeah, Factorio was recommended to me by the indie band. Talked about the virtual equivalient of supply and demand for a while there.

I left KSP for more than a year to pick up a sandbox naval warfare game, while time just flew by while I slaved away in my day job. Built 1860-1905 warships using historical plans.

When I became an IT manager I started promoting new indiedev games, discovered Shadowrun: Dragonfall had a character that mirrored my life history almost completely (what a shocker) and picked up the developer's latest game, BattleTech (2018), and thanks to one of the classic Battletech factions, took up Bollywood dancing for real... which kind of impressed the ethnic part of my (real life) department enough to build rapport to epic levels.

Knowing a few Indian ladies is pretty much how I got out of the dystopian sci-fi reality I was stuck in. 

I might be taking Hindi classes next to keep in character :P

Oh, and I introduced a indie band to KSP and gave them some inspiration to boost their rep with. The experimental space groove is nearly perfect for KSP.

Edited by carmenara

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.