cratercracker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2019 at 6:10 PM, TheJoolian said:

3g12cm.jpg

See below.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:00 AM, Dman979 said:

TBH, it's more of the opposite.

Mod 1: I haven't checked my notifications in 3 months!

Mod 2: The last time I logged into the forums was in January!

Mod 1:  *disconnects from the mod chat*

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

oh god 

I live up to my name:

-Solves the original cube quick
-Has a respectable collection
-Has solved the 4D hypercube
-First person to build a Rubik's cube in Kerbal Space Program
-Only Moon topology Rubik's Cube in existence is my creation

I like to do really challenging things...Now that I think of it, I should make a Mars puzzle as well, maybe out of some other shape like the Megaminx...Maybe I'll wait and do that when I can outsource some nice color printing, that would look gorgeous.

1 hour ago, HansonKerman said:

but how do you solve that without being fourth dimensional? Am I missing something

It turns out that we already look at things in smaller dimensionality than they actually are. Consider looking at a cube on your computer screen. There isn't really a cube there, it's more likely a hexagon with some lines through it. We "squished" the 3D cube to fit it on a 2D screen. We do that all the time with screens and even with our eyeballs - you don't see in 3D, you see in 2D. But we can use that 2D vision to view and manipulate 3D objects pretty easily. Our brains are wired to understand those 2D images as representations of 3D objects, because we live in a 3D world. But it turns out that we can actually do the same thing, with a little bit of math, to make images of 4D objects too. We just have to "squish" the hypercube twice: The first time to get it to fit in 3D space, and the second time to get it into your computer screen. A 5D cube would have to be squished down once more. So when you look at a picture of a tesseract, like this one, which is spinning, that's really what it actually looks like. The only limitation of why you can't "see" it as more than a strange 3D object is that your brain isn't already wired to interpret images of 4D shapes from a 2D view. You could conceivably learn how to imagine 4D objects and space, but it is tricky. Or you can look at a flattened image of the 4D Rubik's Cube on your computer, and learn how to manipulate it from your limited point of view.

On 4/21/2020 at 6:03 PM, cubinator said:

I live up to my name:

-Solves the original cube quick
-Has a respectable collection
-Has solved the 4D hypercube
-First person to build a Rubik's cube in Kerbal Space Program
-Only Moon topology Rubik's Cube in existence is my creation

I like to do really challenging things...Now that I think of it, I should make a Mars puzzle as well, maybe out of some other shape like the Megaminx...Maybe I'll wait and do that when I can outsource some nice color printing, that would look gorgeous.

This was a tough but fun puzzle to do. Stick that on a cube and solve it!

91+Zazlw8LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

And there I go again...

qR6M6vz.png

Edited by StrandedonEarth

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.