TRANSMOGRIFIER - Real-size rockets - stockalike gameplay (ρ)

Nightside

to give you an idea of what i'm talking about: 2.5m mod tanks (fuel tanks plus in this case) resize to the (i assume) nominal 4 meter diameter, but their volumes don't scale

PLpL3Ev.png

whereas stock tanks don't get transmogrified (i used tweak scale here to bring it up to 4 meters) and hence have the correct internal volume

L1VyVDL.png

mind you, my install is ofc modded out the wazoo. it does seem to be working fine for other stock parts, as you can see by the command pod values below

qEdkDdh.png

thrust values seem to be fine (close enough at least), will let u know more once i put this sucker in orbit :P

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Might the IVA fix work for RO too? Currently in RO,  the reference point for the IVA view seems tied to the old scale still, which is kind of a deal killer if you have any spaceplanes with something in front of the cockpit.

1 hour ago, kerbnub said:

Might the IVA fix work for RO too? Currently in RO,  the reference point for the IVA view seems tied to the old scale still, which is kind of a deal killer if you have any spaceplanes with something in front of the cockpit.

It should work for RO patches- I’m pretty sure I figured out how to do this by looking at some RO configs.

All you need to do is match the internal rescale values to the resized part. 

https://github.com/Nightside101010/Transmogrifier/blob/master/Transmogrifier/Optional/zResizeInternals.cfg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.