Can i add new fonts to MSpaint?

cratercracker

You can use google and find the answer rather easily. That’s easier than waiting on someone to reply here :wink: 

google is a much better search engine than the forums.

For free fonts I use dafont.com

Edited by Galileo

19 minutes ago, Galileo said:

You can use google and find the answer rather easily. That’s easier than waiting on someone to reply here :wink: 

google is a much better search engine than the forums.

For free fonts I use dafont.com

I did the google search first, just posted here to see if community has something interesting or/and something that is difficult to find via googling.

Thank you anaway! :D

I think yes. If you install a TTF or somesuch on Windows, AFAIK it's installed system-wide. So it should appear in MS Paint. (which is about to be discontinued... !)

For "where to find a font", that's left to user discretion. So far I've used Ubuntu and tried (a version of) Transport.

Edited by YNM

4 minutes ago, YNM said:

I think yes. If you install a TTF or somesuch on Windows, AFAIK it's installed system-wide. So it should appear in MS Paint. (which is about to be discontinued... !)

For "where to find a font", that's left to user discretion. So far I've used Ubuntu and tried (a version of) Transport.

I thought they announced they weren't ditching it because of the backlash?  It really would suck if they got rid of it, MSPaint is one of the very, very few redeeming aspects of Windows.

3 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I thought they announced they weren't ditching it because of the backlash?  It really would suck if they got rid of it, MSPaint is one of the very, very few redeeming aspects of Windows.

Yeah. But I presume there isn't much of a reason to keep it either, unless you're an avid pixel artist (like I tried to quite some time ago, finally gave up due to templating).

Anyway, tangently back to topic : Anyone have suggestion of fonts to try out ? Currently I use Ubuntu, but Transport looks really clear, but it's really bulky (only works for titles or, well, signs). New Transport isn't that free. Anyone got ideas on their own ?

Edited by YNM

35 minutes ago, YNM said:

Yeah. But I presume there isn't much of a reason to keep it either, unless you're an avid pixel artist (like I tried to quite some time ago, finally gave up due to templating).

Anyway, tangently back to topic : Anyone have suggestion of fonts to try out ? Currently I use Ubuntu, but Transport looks really clear, but it's really bulky (only works for titles or, well, signs). New Transport isn't that free. Anyone got ideas on their own ?

I am an artist that uses MSpaint, PROBLEMS HUH? MSPAINT SUCKS HUH? HUH!??!!? I AM AVID HUH!?! 

( jk of course)

Here are some of my favourites:

REMAINED

SCHAEFFER

They can be foun here:

https://www.dafont.com/new.php?page=2

18 hours ago, LordFerret said:

Paint. Bah. Gave up on Paint years ago. Gimp. And quality free fonts for Gimp abound all over the place on web.

Those fonts are for everything else as well. Installing a TTF means that it's available to be used throughout the OS.

Also, is it possible to put pixels in Gimp ? The only problem with Gimp is the UI isn't exactly easy to understand. Back when I did some pixel drawings, I only used Gimp to get the templates palettes but I draw on Paint.

Edited by YNM

On 10/15/2017 at 12:21 PM, YNM said:

Those fonts are for everything else as well. Installing a TTF means that it's available to be used throughout the OS.

Also, is it possible to put pixels in Gimp ? The only problem with Gimp is the UI isn't exactly easy to understand. Back when I did some pixel drawings, I only used Gimp to get the templates palettes but I draw on Paint.

Yes; But note the following from the link I posted...

The GIMP is a raster image editor so working with TrueType and bitmap fonts is not the same as working with vector versions of the same in tools like Inkscape.  However, GIMP has long been able to convert text into vector paths to manipulate to your hearts content.

Yes!;
Rather than use Gimp's Paintbrush tool, use the Pencil tool and select the "1. Pixel" brush... settings: opacity 100, size 1, everything else at 0, and use 'Dynamics Off' for the brush dynamics.

Edited by LordFerret
Change for correct brush dynamics mode

I'll just add this to my list of "Questions you never expected to be asked in a trillion years."

MSPaint is a helluva thing. I spent a year doing chemistry research on plankton, using $10,000 diamond knives to dissect, electron microscopes to image down to the atomic scale and an X-Ray crystallography machine that cost $4k per day just to keep powered up and cooled down.

Then I illustrated my results in MSPaint :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.