need help diagnosing an error

Usually KSP generates a bug report and stashes it in a folder, but it doesn't do it when this error happens. It seems more like a Windows problem, or maybe just a 'out of memory' issue? Since the beginning of October this error has occurred 6 times, and each Windows error log report is exactly the same:

Faulting application name: KSP_x64.exe, version: 5.4.0.23386, time stamp: 0x57c0c942
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005

I have 16Gb of RAM, 2GB of dedicated video RAM, as well as 40GB of virtual RAM. I have 33 mods installed (through CKAN) and I'm just wondering if I've hit the limit. The last mod I installed was MechJeb and up until that point I didn't get any crashes at all except maybe one or two, but they generated bug reports. This one doesn't. It tends to happen switching scenes, for example going out of the Tracking Station to the Space Center, usually after I have finished a contract and recovered vessel and crew. Gameplay itself is pretty smooth, although I do get lag from time to time. KSP has been AMAZINGLY stable for me since it moved to 64-bit, and I thank Squad for taking the time to make it happen!

I just wondered if anyone else has had this crash. Do you think I need to check my memory? Or maybe it's a mod? Here are the mods I'm using; CKAN reports no conflicts and all are uptodate and compatible with my version of KSP (1.2.2):

000_Toolbar
BoulderCo
Chatterer
CommunityResourcePack
ContractConfigurator
CrowdSourcedScience
DecoupleFromHeatshield
DistantObject
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
GCMonitor
HaystackContinued
HullCameraVDS
JSI
KerboKatz
Kopernicus
MechJeb2
ModularFlightIntegrator
NavBallDockingAlignmentIndicatorCE
PlanetShine
ProceduralFairings
ProceduralParts
ReentryParticleEffect
SCANsat
scatterer
Squad
StageRecovery
SVT
TextureReplacer
TooManyOrbits
TriggerTech
TweakScale
UniversalStorage
VesselView

I guess I need to try to reproduce this error in a vanilla, unmodded playthrough. I'll let you know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.