time warp movements

I've an interesting problem... whenever I start the timewarp (non physic) and get back from it, I see a little movement between some parts (I guess it's between the physical and non physical ones) ... and sometimes (but, to be honest, I didn't find out if when it does what) the movement in one direction is larget than in the other one. The result is, that after going into timewarp and out again for about 20 to 40 times (sometimes also reloading the scene does this) my parts are... well... still connected... but far away from each other... with a huge gap between... why is that? I guess the main point where this happens is, when I connect my part to a cubic strut.

Hi i suspect it's the good old floating point errors  and them adding up over time.  Once time warp ends and objects snap back or dont ,  the new position as far as the game is concerned is the new one, so the gap remains,  and the more times the cycle repeats the bigger the gap and the greater the distance from the original coordinates. 

While not nice, and although there's a current physics bug, well a couple that are related to this, i think it's edge case bug and bog standard unity behavior

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.