[WIP] Archtagon Aerospace - Low-Tech is not No-Tech

Knarkle

9ifByMc.png

Low-tech is not No-tech!

Xp3xSEM.png

You'll be surprised how useful old technology really is for the space program

While of course you could use the parts supplied specifically for the space program, you can get farther, quicker, by using utilities that have a history of versatility.

This is a part pack dedicated to early Career Mode, ever though the tech-tree was a bit sparse in the early game?

This pack includes some parts to kick start your exploration of the Kerbol system.

Prerelease Available at SpaceDock

vux8Ouq.png

Changelog  :

Spoiler

1.1.0 : Model Overhauls; New Parts; Misc Bug Fixes

1.0.0 : Initial Release

Planned Features :

Spoiler

Planned Parts

1. Individual Avionics, sun sensors, gyroscopes, star trackers, all of which control a one or more SAS functions. 

2. Non-rechargeable batteries with controllable power output.

Pack Licensed under MIT License ; Enclosed in File

Edited by Knarkle

I like your concept of early  low tech parts but parts like Micro-Meteor Sensor  is hardly early tech as it require very sophisticated scanning and analysis. Instead replace the Micro-Meteor Sensor by a basic  radiation sensor, which were realy used at the start of space travel. A part that should be realy added is a basic radio transmitter that is able to periodicly send beeps. This can be used to calculated ionosphere density

Edited by FreeThinker

33 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I like your concept of early  low tech parts but parts like Micro-Meteor Sensor  is hardly early tech as it require very sophisticated scanning and analysis. Instead replace the Micro-Meteor Sensor by a basic  radiation sensor, which were realy used at the start of space travel. A part that should be realy added is a basic radio transmitter that is able to periodicly send beeps. This can be used to calculated ionosphere density

I'd say that's a matter of perspective. This 'micro-meteorite detector' could be nothing more than two thin sheets of foil that, register when impacted by a micro-meteorite (or debris, or kerbal ham-fistedness). That seems suitably low tech enough to me?

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

In fact Sputnik 3, which started design 1956 and it had a micro meteorite sensor.

The C-2 Avionics Apparatus features an integrated ionizing radiation sensor, but a science experiment provided from early game antennas just seems peculiar for KSP.

7 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

As other's have said, a micro-meteoroid detector is one of the simplest and earliest experiments carried on space probes. All they do is count how many impacts there are on the sensor, enabling researchers to understand the flux of impacts in different parts of space.

On 17/10/2017 at 4:31 AM, FreeThinker said:

Didnt the very first (or firsts) american sattelite have a rudimentar micro meteor detector?  A simple sheet of metal that transmites rough data on the micro impacts?

EDIT:  yes. Explorer one had one such detector. It was acoustuc however.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Explorer_1

I like the idea of a beeper though.

Edited by Daniel Prates

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Knarkle said:

I might consider continuing this mod, I still have some old models as a matter of fact. Pretty much ALL of the parts need remolded and retextured though...

You reaaallly should, i love every part in this mod, they alll have fantastic textures and models, it shows you put alot of effort into it

9 hours ago, Knarkle said:

I might consider continuing this mod, I still have some old models as a matter of fact. Pretty much ALL of the parts need remolded and retextured though...

please do, I really did like the look  of the new models you posted a while back

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.