I lost all my craft because i deleted the save file

Legopilot

I did the same thing once.  I tried a lost file utility, but no dice.  I wish there was an option to simply have the game refuse to create a new game with the same name, instead of overwriting.  I mean, it does warn you, but who reads that stuff?

22 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I did the same thing once.  I tried a lost file utility, but no dice.  I wish there was an option to simply have the game refuse to create a new game with the same name, instead of overwriting.  I mean, it does warn you, but who reads that stuff?

Yeah i know

1 hour ago, White Owl said:

I'm sorry. That sucks.

On the bright side, you have now learned the value of backing up your saves. This lesson will serve you well for the rest of your life, no matter what kind of project you're working on.

ok thanks, I learned something today

Usually your deleted files pile up in the trash bin. It is still there unless you dumped the bin aswell.

Sorry, KSP saves don`t pile up there... just checked myself:/

Edited by Mikki

I had a similar occasion, where I deleted the entire ksp folder while moving to a new version, without copying my save over. And even though I had long ago acquired the habit of keeping local backups, this time for some reason, I hadn't bothered...

What I had bothered with however, was to upload a backup on mediafire, a couple of weeks prior to the incident. This contained 90% of the deleted save's craft files and 90% of the career progress. So I had to redo very little.

And to think that I kept telling myself "you're paranoid", while uploading that backup...

toJPjklXWs55GxXt0ZY3kFrh1nBD7M8hFhyx0eR3

46 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

I would rather just upload my craft to KerbalX or OneDrive or something. Actually, I do that for all my files, since I'm paranoid about my computer getting stolen or somehow getting corrupted lol :P 

Oh I did that for only 3 of my craft out of loads of craft

Nevermind, I started a new save in KSP and now I am making a 787-9

Edited by Legopilot

What OS are you using?
On windows right click on your saves folder and goto properties, and then see if you have a 'previous versions' tab.  If you do then from there you should be able to get an earlier version of the saves folder.  Might not be the most recent version but should be from within the last week.  (just take a manual backup before doing that, in case you then loose newer things! ) 

11 minutes ago, katateochi said:

What OS are you using?
On windows right click on your saves folder and goto properties, and then see if you have a 'previous versions' tab.  If you do then from there you should be able to get an earlier version of the saves folder.  Might not be the most recent version but should be from within the last week.  (just take a manual backup before doing that, in case you then loose newer things! ) 

Yup I'm using windows

14 minutes ago, katateochi said:

What OS are you using?

I can't find any previous versions I have the tab, but it says no previous versions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 15.10.2017 at 11:06 AM, Legopilot said:

Nevermind, I started a new save in KSP and now I am making a 787-9

As a workaround you can make a copy of your ships in the save file. Go in save file directory and copy the ship files.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.