Can My Computer Run KSP 1.2?

I just want to know if I can run KSP with under 20 mods with the following system. Been looking online, but haven't come across anything. It's a desktop. Also My laptop keeps crashing and overheating. What can I do to fix that problem too?

AMD Sempron 145 2.8 GHz
8GB Ram
750GB Hard Drive
Windows 10
Radeon HD dedicated graphics

64 Bit OS

There shouldn't be any problem with running ksp those specs are more then adquite for stock ksp x64. Do you have a ton of mods installed? Edit: (Visual mods?) with only 20 non visual mods you should be fine

As for the overheating problem I'd get a laptop cooling pad and check to make sure the fan on the laptop is working.

Edited by MoarBoostersRUS

7 hours ago, phreakshow said:

I just want to know if I can run KSP with under 20 mods with the following system.

Sure. Looks fine to me.

7 hours ago, phreakshow said:

My laptop keeps crashing and overheating. What can I do to fix that problem too?

In order of difficulty:
Ensure fans are working and exhaust vents are not obstructed.
Clean all the dust out of the fans / heatsinks.
Remove heatsink assembly(s) and replace thermal grease / pads.

2 & 3 will require dismantling the machine to some extent. See if google has any instructions / videos for your model, or be prepared to play "find the silly plastic clip" for a while.
Laptops are a PITA.

Edited by steve_v

23 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

Here to say that this is not the problem KSP 1.2 runs on my 3GB RAM computer. My Broiled half-a-potato computer.

Yours is a potato? I found my laptop mixed in with animal slop at my local farm.

"It's from 1996," they said.

"It'll never run Windows 10," they said.

Doing anything on this thing is painful, can't wait to build my KSP rig.

1 hour ago, NateisKerbal said:

Yours is a potato? I found my laptop mixed in with animal slop at my local farm.

"It's from 1996," they said.

"It'll never run Windows 10," they said.

Doing anything on this thing is painful, can't wait to build my KSP rig.

That's kind of crazy. My older 2004 Windows XP Laptop, my oldest computer, can actually run KSP 0.25. When I tried 1.2.2, the words on the loading screen and main menu were pink rectangles of varying size and shape.

Edited by Mrcarrot

On 10/18/2017 at 10:20 AM, Mrcarrot said:

That's kind of crazy. My older 2004 Windows XP Laptop, my oldest computer, can actually run KSP 0.25. When I tried 1.2.2, the words on the loading screen and main menu were pink rectangles of varying size and shape.

Don't tell anyone, but RGB actually helps increase FPS on my laptop. You see, HP's drivers for the built-in keyboard don't help the fact that my laptop from 2003 can barely run. So by foregoing them and using a RGB keyboard, I can skip all of that. It's nice and increases FPS. Also, to get KSP to run on my 1996 dinosaur, I strapped a window air conditioner to the cpu and get my Pentium 150MHz to run at 1GHz. Then I liquid nitrogen cooled the ancient GPU and then got it to run KSP! Sometimes Unbuntu dies of severe lack of ram (only 3 gigs) but this is fixed by stuffing in a large hard drive and use some old floppy disks for paging memory.

I am lazy, poor and cling to dying hardware, but at least I'm creative.

15 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

I also have only 3GB RAM. My computer, however, is newer. 2005 Toshiba laptop, windows 7.

I have a 1994 something (the label is gone) and a 2006 Windows Vista laptop that runs windoes 10. I stuffed 6GB of ram into it but some days the extra 3GB of ram works and some days not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.