[1.9.x] RCS Build Aid Continued - New Dependencies

linuxgurugamer

13 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Yeah, I had assumed I was just mousing over the RCS action group and that that's what made it pop up; I could be entirely wrong though.

I don't think so...It very consistently occurs every time I switch of the Action Groups tab. Each time I have to click twice on the RCS B.A. button to make it go away. The first click opens RCS B.A. the "rest of the way" - the actual menu screen pops up and then a second click to the button closes it.

19 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yes, I have.  It's odd, I don't know what's happening, and I haven't had time to look at it.  Since it's visual only, it's a low priority for me.

Yes, not a deal-breaker by any means and you have quite a lot on your plate already...  :)

On 12/13/2017 at 3:27 PM, maja said:

You don't need that much accuracy usually.  If you place RCS ports in symetry and move them enough to minimize torque, then SAS can handle the rest. My placement is four ports above COM, four below, move them up or down and fine tune ports' thrust. Because they're placed in the symetry, all three directions are covered.

Problem is if you're playing without reaction wheel SAS, as seen in many realism mods.  Then tools like this become non-optional, and precision matters a lot.  But I agree that it's doable with the tools provided, just get it as close as you can, and use fine control in flight to help cover the tiny asymmetries

Edited by fourfa

5 hours ago, fourfa said:

Problem is if you're playing without reaction wheel SAS, as seen in many realism mods.  Then tools like this become non-optional, and precision matters a lot.  But I agree that it's doable with the tools provided, just get it as close as you can, and use fine control in flight to help cover the tiny asymmetries

Why is this nonoperational without reaction wheels.  I play with MandatoryRCS, and I use this

30 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Non-optional, not non-operational :)

Then you have a problem.

Log file, please

On 12/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, Tyko said:

I don't think so...It very consistently occurs every time I switch of the Action Groups tab. Each time I have to click twice on the RCS B.A. button to make it go away. The first click opens RCS B.A. the "rest of the way" - the actual menu screen pops up and then a second click to the button closes it.

Testing showed that if I click the button first and then hide it, selecting the action groups tab and then back doesn't activate it.

Looking for confirmation, please

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Testing showed that if I click the button first and then hide it, selecting the action groups tab and then back doesn't activate it.

Looking for confirmation, please

Seems entirely random on my end. I've seen it pop up when I'm no where near the action groups tab.

I can't find any way to reliably make it appear from what limited testing I did.

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.9.4

• Fixed CoM marker showing up after clicking action groups and then back to parts, if the mod hadn't been used yet

wow quick work! thanks :D 

• 2 weeks later...

updated to KSP v1.3.1 and noticed I couldn't change the settings for using Blizzy's vs. the App Launcher and found that no settings file had been generated. So I copied over my settings from my v1.2.2 save but still nothing, then realized it was missing a second DLL in the Plugin folder, which I also copied over from my v1.2.2 install and that gave me the ability to change the toolbar settings

I always used RCS build aid from stock tool bar, and other mods on Blizzy's tool bar when available, so didn't really notice this. On side note, several other mods use settings for toolbar usage "hidden" in stock game difficulty/advanced menu. Some of those are only available at specifig game scene, like KSC, SPH/VAB, map, in flight, etc. Just something you need to be aware of when you search for some settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully the last mod to visit today. Output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jh3vrl3dx8cm40v/saves for RCS_Build_Aid_Continued-0.9.4.1.output_log.txt?dl=0

Ok so about the time that the recent FlightPlan-1.0.5 I noticed a change in this mod behaviour. Game slowed right down. Lots of error messages in log file. Example:

Spoiler

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ModuleEngines].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.MultiModeEngineForce.get_activeMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.MultiModeEngineForce.get_Engine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.EngineForce.get_thrustTransforms () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.ModuleForces.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.EngineForce.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

This has not caused a crash yet. But that is because I clicked the mod off again once I saw the errors mount up. I think eventually there would have been a crash due to memory or lack off. That is why this mod is last on my list to make posts about.

1 hour ago, Apaseall said:

Hopefully the last mod to visit today. Output_log.txt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jh3vrl3dx8cm40v/saves for RCS_Build_Aid_Continued-0.9.4.1.output_log.txt?dl=0

Ok so about the time that the recent FlightPlan-1.0.5 I noticed a change in this mod behaviour. Game slowed right down. Lots of error messages in log file. Example:

Reveal hidden contents

KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ModuleEngines].get_Item (System.String key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.MultiModeEngineForce.get_activeMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.MultiModeEngineForce.get_Engine () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.EngineForce.get_thrustTransforms () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.ModuleForces.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RCSBuildAid.EngineForce.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

This has not caused a crash yet. But that is because I clicked the mod off again once I saw the errors mount up. I think eventually there would have been a crash due to memory or lack off. That is why this mod is last on my list to make posts about.

I need the craft file as well, please.

This hasn't been updated for a while, so it must be an existing bug which just showed it face

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.9.5

• Fixed issue where a mod part which has a different display name than the engine id was causing endless nullrefs

Thanks!  I rely heavily on this mod (the stock indicators are absolutely garbage and almost completely useless).

Also, I'd like to say thank you for shepherding so many of the mods I use.  I swear that your name is on at least half of my installation... my KSP would be very stock (and awful) without your updates.

11 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Many thanks. I will try to play/test over the weekend.

Yes, it was very strange.

I had to install virtually every mod you have listed in the output log file in order to find it.  Took a while.  

But I'm glad I did.

Bug report @linuxgurugamer

100% stock install plus RCS Build Aid Cont'd 0.9.5.  RCS_BA doesn't start with a settings.cfg, and doesn't create one in use through several restarts.  Changed settings are not retained after restart.  Hopefully I'm not being completely dense and missing some obvious install step...

(I looked back in old installs and old versions of the mod, and see a settings.cfg there)

Logs https://www.dropbox.com/s/1n46jpc8ts532zk/RCSBA output_log.txt?dl=0

I created a new directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RCSBuildAid\PluginsData

Also tried: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RCSBuildAid\Plugins\PluginsData

No change, settings are still not saved between restarts and no settings.cfg appeared :(