linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.2] RCS Build Aid Continued - New Dependencies

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Thanks for your help!

Downloaded and installed manually...Something is conflicting with it. I installed on a test copy with only a couple of mods and it worked. Installed on my play copy with about 80 mods and I'm not seeing the button.

Logs from working install

Logs from broken install

Look for extra copies of the DLLs, there have been multiple updates of the toolbarcontroller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Wyzard said:

It's not really the phone browser's fault. The forum software intentionally uses a different layout on phones, and that layout omits signatures to conserve screen space. The browser is just doing what the site tells it to.

In Chrome on Android, the browser menu has a checkbox labelled either "request desktop site" or simply "desktop site", which makes it ignore the site's special phone layout and display it as a desktop browser would. Text is smaller and the screen is more crowded, but the signatures appear. I expect that other mobile browsers probably have a similar setting.

Try turning the phone sideways to view in landscape. Might help, depending on the site coding.

But this is really getting OT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is there an RCSBuild Aid button in the stock toolbar inside SPC? It does nothing when clicked on, and without clicked on it already creates an NullReferenceException:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RCSBuildAid.RCSBuildAid.SetActive (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RCSBuildAid.AppLauncher.onFalse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.SetButtonInactive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.doOnFalse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()
  at KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton.OnFalse (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, CallType callType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData args0, CallType args1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData arg0, CallType arg1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.SetState (State state, CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, Boolean popButtonsInGroup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.ToggleState (CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
 
(Filename:  Line: -1)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2018 at 4:18 PM, Gordon Dry said:

Why is there an RCSBuild Aid button in the stock toolbar inside SPC? It does nothing when clicked on, and without clicked on it already creates an NullReferenceException:


NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RCSBuildAid.RCSBuildAid.SetActive (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RCSBuildAid.AppLauncher.onFalse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.SetButtonInactive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.doOnFalse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) Callback:invoke_void__this__ ()
  at KSP.UI.Screens.ApplicationLauncherButton.OnFalse (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, CallType callType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData args0, CallType args1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`2[UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData,KSP.UI.UIRadioButton+CallType].Invoke (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData arg0, CallType arg1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.SetState (State state, CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data, Boolean popButtonsInGroup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.ToggleState (CallType callType, UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KSP.UI.UIRadioButton.UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
 
(Filename:  Line: -1)

 

Why don't we start off with some more information, AND a complete log file. 

I don't even know where to start, you don't say anything about which version of KSP, which OS, etc.

You should know better by now :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, some days I upload several logs to Dropbox and by trying to solve issues here I stumble upon new issues there.

And my OS and KSP is inside the signature - btw since last night's session I test on KSP 1.4.2 and as I posted that miserably I was still on KSP 1.4.1.

Edited by Gordon Dry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

update to the latest version of the toolbar controller, try it again, if it still fails, post a log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You didn't install the dependencies, which means you didn't install via CKAN.

Read the OP, instructions are there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gczobel said:

Hi,

This mod work on 1.4.2 ?

It should, just make sure you have all the dependencies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 9:27 AM, gczobel said:

Hi,

This mod work on 1.4.2 ?

Hi,

I still make very noob mistakes using CKAN. I don't presume you had the same problem I did, but when Linux posted an answer to you, it dawned on me that I wasn't viewing all the mods in CKAN that were available to me. If you click on Filter and select "All", THEN click on Filter by name and type RCS, you will see it listed. Then it will ask you to install the dependencies when you click on Apply Changes.

Edited to take away the excessive praise for such a trite response below.

 

Edited by TheSpaceMonkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheSpaceMonkey said:

I still make very noob mistakes using CKAN. I don't presume you had the same problem I did, but when Linux posted an answer to you, it dawned on me that I wasn't viewing all the mods in CKAN that were available to me. If you click on Filter and select "All", THEN click on Filter by name and type RCS, you will see it listed. Then it will ask you to install the dependencies when you click on Apply Changes.

That's NOT a CKAN problem, that's merely a side effect of the .version file not yet being updated.  If you filter on All, you will see incompatible mods as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how do i get rid of these anoying pop up window reporting rcs build aid is for 1.4.1 under 1.4.3?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

how do i get rid of these anoying pop up window reporting rcs build aid is for 1.4.1 under 1.4.3?

 

Delete the miniavc.dll file in the mod directory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

how do i get rid of these anoying pop up window reporting rcs build aid is for 1.4.1 under 1.4.3?

 

I hope to get this updated  soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KUBA71 said:

Hi any progress on RCS buil Aid for 1.4.3?

Ummmm..... it works in 1.4.3 already, all I need to do is to update the .version file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.9.6.4:

  • Thanks to github user @mlheiu:
    • added Kerbal mass to Command Chair option
  • Updated version for all of 1.4
  • Updated to latest version of ToolbarController, now registers with toolbarController

0.9.6.5:

  • Updated version properly
  • Added dependency checks
Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly stupid question/feature request (if you're even doing feature requests and not just maintenance):

In versions of this mod from the 1.0.x-era, there used to be a mass-offset reading that gave you a direct line offset measure of the current wet CoM relative to the DCoM. Is there any chance of bringing that back with perhaps 3-axis readings? (Or at least 2 axis?)

I tend to built VTOL aircraft and DCS build is has been indispensable for ensuring I get the CoMs and thrust vectors aligned. I know there are other mods that work with dynamic engine thust-limit to provide the same effect in the long-term. However, I always found them unwieldy, especially in light of how many mods I can have installed. (My screen can be full of menus...) Granted, that may have change last I bothered to test one of those mods. (Problem is the last one I looked at had WAY too many features than I needed/wanted that I couldn't hide like MechJeb.) The Torque value helps me align the thrust vector, but eyeballing the mass indicators isn't very easy at times.

I believe the feature was removed because the original dev thought it wasn't used much. (For RCS use I can understand, but for VTOL engine placement without a dynamic thrust management mod, it helped me A LOT.)

Otherwise, could anyone direct me to a simple mod that can dynamically adjust engine thrusts to align the thrust vector with the current CoM inflight? I know of Allista's mod, but is the "overladen" mod I hinted at above. It looks amazing, but has WAY more features in it than I need or want. I want something simple like Diazo old Vertical Velocity Mod. (Basically just a toggle.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

added Kerbal mass to Command Chair option

is the mass the value that is set in the physics.cfg file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheSpaceMonkey said:

Kinda... doesn't work after the update. I don't see the icon.

Reverting to 9.2 worked a charm.

Update the ToolbarController, if you read the release notes, you would see that I updated the code to use the latest version of the ToolbarController.

What version of KSP are you running?  You mentioned 9.2, which leads me to believe you are running 1.3.1.  If so, the latest version doesn't work on 1.3.1

7 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

Possibly stupid question/feature request (if you're even doing feature requests and not just maintenance):

In versions of this mod from the 1.0.x-era, there used to be a mass-offset reading that gave you a direct line offset measure of the current wet CoM relative to the DCoM. Is there any chance of bringing that back with perhaps 3-axis readings? (Or at least 2 axis?)

I tend to built VTOL aircraft and DCS build is has been indispensable for ensuring I get the CoMs and thrust vectors aligned. I know there are other mods that work with dynamic engine thust-limit to provide the same effect in the long-term. However, I always found them unwieldy, especially in light of how many mods I can have installed. (My screen can be full of menus...) Granted, that may have change last I bothered to test one of those mods. (Problem is the last one I looked at had WAY too many features than I needed/wanted that I couldn't hide like MechJeb.) The Torque value helps me align the thrust vector, but eyeballing the mass indicators isn't very easy at times.

I believe the feature was removed because the original dev thought it wasn't used much. (For RCS use I can understand, but for VTOL engine placement without a dynamic thrust management mod, it helped me A LOT.)

Otherwise, could anyone direct me to a simple mod that can dynamically adjust engine thrusts to align the thrust vector with the current CoM inflight? I know of Allista's mod, but is the "overladen" mod I hinted at above. It looks amazing, but has WAY more features in it than I need or want. I want something simple like Diazo old Vertical Velocity Mod. (Basically just a toggle.)

From the release notes, looks like it was removed in version 0.7, which was way back in KSP 1.0.2

No promises, because this will involve a lot of digging, but I'll see what I can do

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

In versions of this mod from the 1.0.x-era, there used to be a mass-offset reading that gave you a direct line offset measure of the current wet CoM relative to the DCoM. Is there any chance of bringing that back with perhaps 3-axis readings? (Or at least 2 axis?)

So the only thing that I found was a readout showing the offset between the dry and wet COM.  Is that what you are referring to?  If so, I am adding that back in.  It was originally just the magnitude, I'm adding in that and the individual offsets as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New release, 0.9.7:

  • Added back display of DCOM offset magnitude
  • Added display of individual DCOM offsets
  • Added toggle to select display of DCOM offsets
  • Fixed command chair option to work with ALL external command seats, not just the stock one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.