[1.9.x] RCS Build Aid Continued - New Dependencies

linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, CoolHand said:

I manage to rollback to 0.9.5.1 with the command line of CKAN, works fine now.

I just saw there was an error in the .version file which said this was good for 1.3.1.  I fixed it, but that was the cause of your problem

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just saw there was an error in the .version file which said this was good for 1.3.1.  I fixed it, but that was the cause of your problem

Many thanks!

2 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Perhaps I should clarify so as to avoid 'triggering' anyone else.

After having installed RCS Build Aid and both of it's dependencies the RCS Build aid icon does not show up in either the Vehicle Assembly Building or the Space Plane Hanger.  The only other mod I currently have installed is the Docking Port Alignment Indicator, which works as expected.

48 minutes ago, nipulsansei said:

perhaps he should have clarified too because without logs, as specified in that thread, no one is going to help you

47 minutes ago, nipulsansei said:

After having installed RCS Build Aid and both of it's dependencies the RCS Build aid icon does not show up in either the Vehicle Assembly Building or the Space Plane Hanger.  The only other mod I currently have installed is the Docking Port Alignment Indicator, which works as expected.

And what fourfa was saying was "for support, provide the info requested in this thread". It really shortcuts the convoluted and tiresome roundabout of "send us xyz file. Now send us pqr file".

13 hours ago, nipulsansei said:

I’m not going to repeat what everybody said in the pas few posts, they are absolutely correct.  You quoted the post, yet didnt provide the logs it specifically mentioned.

So, all I can and will do is guess and provide you with a coulple of things tomcheck

• Make sure that you have the latest version of the mod and it’s dependencies
  • If the toolbar icon is showing, click on it and select the option to configure the visivle buttons.  Remember, the Blizzy toolbar doesnt show new buttons by dedault, you have to enable them

1 minute ago, Jim123 said:

i already have them installed

Maybe you don't have the latest version of RCS build aid. Your image shows that it looks for version 0.1.3.0 of the click through blocker but the last version is 0.1.6.

2 hours ago, Jim123 said:

im still having problems with it

You posted a screenshot above, which is good.  The errors says KSP can't find the Clickblocker mod or some component of it.  That mod is not installed correctly in your KSP.

To help you from here, more information is needed.  Follow the red-lettered link in my signature below.  It's some good troubleshooting steps to follow.  As well, it tells you where to find the log files.

To help you, you need to have a run of KSP and provide the logs files from that run.    As well, provide a screenshot of your GameData folder, as there is an issue with the install of Clickblocker.  Describe the issues you encounter in some detail and the steps you take to encounter the issues.

Without those details, no one can help you as there isn't enough information to identify what's not right.

29 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Follow the red-lettered link in my signature below.

Can I suggest to edit your sig to put that at the top - if I adjust my browser window too narrow then that link gets pushed below the letterbox slot allowed for signatures. Some peeps using mobile devices might never see it!

2 hours ago, softweir said:

Can I suggest to edit your sig to put that at the top - if I adjust my browser window too narrow then that link gets pushed below the letterbox slot allowed for signatures. Some peeps using mobile devices might never see it!

I don't see any signatures at all when  on my phone.

3 hours ago, softweir said:

Just to help, I took your suggestion and editted my signature to put the link at the top.

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

I don't see any signatures at all when  on my phone.

Phone browsers not showing the website pages properly, especially of such pages as come from the common forum software like Squad uses, is a problem with the phone.  I don't browse on my phone and I hear about this issue again and again.  Signatures exist and people put helpful info there.  If you can't see them, the phone's software has a problem.

I'm not seeing the toolbar button in either VAB or SPH either. Do I need Blizzy's installed?

Any help would be appreciated...my logs and details of the dependencies below.

My log is here

RCS Build Aid 9.6.3

Spoiler

{
  "NAME": "RCS Build Aid",
  "URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/RCSBuildAid/master/RCSBuildAid.version",
  "CHANGE_LOG_URL": "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/RCSBuildAid/master/CHANGELOG.asciidoc",
  "DOWNLOAD": "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/RCSBuildAid/releases",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "linuxgurugamer",
    "REPOSITORY": "RCSBuildAid",
    "ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE": false
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 0,
    "MINOR": 9,
    "PATCH": 6,
    "BUILD": 3
  },
  "KSP_VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 4,
    "PATCH": 1
  }
}

ClickThroughBlocker v 0.1.6

Spoiler

{

"NAME": "ClickThroughBlocker",
  "URL"      : "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/ClickThroughBlocker/master/ClickThroughBlocker.version",
  "DOWNLOAD" : "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ClickThroughBlocker/releases",
  "GITHUB" :
  {
      "USERNAME" : "linuxgurugamer",
      "REPOSITORY" : "ClickThroughBlocker"
  },
  "URL": "http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/version.php?id=546",
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 0,
    "MINOR": 1,
    "PATCH": 6,
    "BUILD": 0
  },
  "KSP_VERSION": {
  }
}

Toolbarcontroller 1.5.7

Spoiler

{
    "NAME"     : "ToolbarControl",
    "URL"      : "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/linuxgurugamer/ToolbarControl/master/ToolbarControl.version",
    "DOWNLOAD" : "https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ToolbarControl/releases",
    "GITHUB" :
    {
        "USERNAME" : "linuxgurugamer",
        "REPOSITORY" : "ToolbarControl"
    },
    "VERSION" :
    {
        "MAJOR" : 0,
        "MINOR" : 1,
        "PATCH" : 5,
        "BUILD" : 7
    },
    "KSP_VERSION": 
    {
    }
}

Edited by Tyko

I did some tests.  My system is similar to yours in most major aspects (ie:  memory, windows 10, video), and with the same versions, I don't have a problem.

Try reinstalling both of them (the Toolbarcontroller and the RCSBuildAid) and see if it happens again

11 hours ago, Jacke said:

Phone browsers not showing the website pages properly, especially of such pages as come from the common forum software like Squad uses, is a problem with the phone.  I don't browse on my phone and I hear about this issue again and again.  Signatures exist and people put helpful info there.  If you can't see them, the phone's software has a problem.

It's not really the phone browser's fault. The forum software intentionally uses a different layout on phones, and that layout omits signatures to conserve screen space. The browser is just doing what the site tells it to.

In Chrome on Android, the browser menu has a checkbox labelled either "request desktop site" or simply "desktop site", which makes it ignore the site's special phone layout and display it as a desktop browser would. Text is smaller and the screen is more crowded, but the signatures appear. I expect that other mobile browsers probably have a similar setting.

56 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I did some tests.  My system is similar to yours in most major aspects (ie:  memory, windows 10, video), and with the same versions, I don't have a problem.

Try reinstalling both of them (the Toolbarcontroller and the RCSBuildAid) and see if it happens again

Thanks for your help!

Downloaded and installed manually...Something is conflicting with it. I installed on a test copy with only a couple of mods and it worked. Installed on my play copy with about 80 mods and I'm not seeing the button.

Logs from working install

Logs from broken install

Edited by Tyko