[1.9.x] RCS Build Aid Continued - New Dependencies

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

I cant for the life of me figure out where my missing "Center of aerodynamic lift / drag" markers are..
I havent played the game in about 8 months, but remember having a small blue marker (like the parachute marker, but for calculating lift / drag based on where you put your winglets and control surfaces), and using it to great effect with rockets to stabilize them by getting the blue marker near to the red center of mass.

Where on earth is that blue market nowadays, i was sure it was part of this mod!
Edit: LOL oh its vanilla =)

Edited by Baleurion

Thank you so much for picking up this mod.  I have been reluctant to design large and complicated SSTO spaceplanes without it as it is very hard to get an idea of the wet/dry COM by emptying and refilling the tanks.  I would give you piles of likes, but I'm saving up for the FH launch later today, so one will have to do.

• 1 month later...
Jognt
I'm seeing the same behavior, verified my files through steam and installed just RCS build aid and its dependencies (toolbar control 0.1.5 ; Click through blocker 0.1.4) with MM 3.0.6
Edited by iSquared
updated file version of dependencies

Now I got no RCS build aid icon at all in VAB.

I use RCS Build Aid 0.9.6, Toolbar Control 0.1.5 and Click Through Blocker 0.1.4.

When I enter VAB the first time in a session this is written to the log once:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.UpdateToolbarIcon (Boolean firstTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.SetStockSettings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.StartAfterInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.AddToAllToolbars (ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onTrue, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onFalse, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onHover, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onHoverOut, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onEnable, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onDisable, AppScenes visibleInScenes, System.String nameSpace, System.String toolbarId, System.String largeToolbarIconActive, System.String largeToolbarIconInactive, System.String smallToolbarIconActive, System.String smallToolbarIconInactive, System.String toolTip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.AddToAllToolbars (ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onTrue, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onFalse, AppScenes visibleInScenes, System.String nameSpace, System.String toolbarId, System.String largeToolbarIconActive, System.String largeToolbarIconInactive, System.String smallToolbarIconActive, System.String smallToolbarIconInactive, System.String toolTip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RCSBuildAid.MainWindow.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Leaving VAB and re-entering does not make more written to the log.

I guess there is also something borked about the correct position of the PluginData folder. Is it inside the Plugins folder or inside the root mod folder? It seems that it was changed since the last build...

4 hours ago, Jognt said:

Seeing some strange behavior in 1.4.1 on a new save.

Every time I enter the VAB or SPH I get an additional icon for RCS Build Aid. See the below image for 15+ RCS Build Aid icons. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

https://imgur.com/a/wJ2Rh

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ry99qcc1r71xycx/output_log.zip?dl=0

Same here. It appears st it is making a new icon every time i build a ship and does not remove the old one.

@linuxgurugamer

RCS Build Aid 0.9.6, installed via CKAN.  Turned the Blizzy Toolbar option OFF in settings.  RCS_BA icons in the stock toolbar are multiplying.  Look in the lower right, lol:

gBKAEX0.jpg

St6phjT.jpg

qiBkZVG.jpg

EDIT: sorry, I didn't see the same issue reported above.  Yes, I've got it too

Edited by fourfa

8 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Now I got no RCS build aid icon at all in VAB.

I use RCS Build Aid 0.9.6, Toolbar Control 0.1.5 and Click Through Blocker 0.1.4.

When I enter VAB the first time in a session this is written to the log once:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.UpdateToolbarIcon (Boolean firstTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.SetStockSettings () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.StartAfterInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.AddToAllToolbars (ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onTrue, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onFalse, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onHover, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onHoverOut, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onEnable, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onDisable, AppScenes visibleInScenes, System.String nameSpace, System.String toolbarId, System.String largeToolbarIconActive, System.String largeToolbarIconInactive, System.String smallToolbarIconActive, System.String smallToolbarIconInactive, System.String toolTip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ToolbarControl_NS.ToolbarControl.AddToAllToolbars (ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onTrue, ToolbarControl_NS.TC_ClickHandler onFalse, AppScenes visibleInScenes, System.String nameSpace, System.String toolbarId, System.String largeToolbarIconActive, System.String largeToolbarIconInactive, System.String smallToolbarIconActive, System.String smallToolbarIconInactive, System.String toolTip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RCSBuildAid.MainWindow.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Leaving VAB and re-entering does not make more written to the log.

I guess there is also something borked about the correct position of the PluginData folder. Is it inside the Plugins folder or inside the root mod folder? It seems that it was changed since the last build...

The active PluginData folder is:  RCSBuildAid/PluginData, it's been this way since I took the mod over

The above nullrefs has been fixed with the update to the ToolbarController

9 hours ago, Jognt said:

Seeing some strange behavior in 1.4.1 on a new save.

Every time I enter the VAB or SPH I get an additional icon for RCS Build Aid. See the below image for 15+ RCS Build Aid icons. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Should be fixed now

4 hours ago, fourfa said:

RCS Build Aid 0.9.6, installed via CKAN.  Turned the Blizzy Toolbar option OFF in settings.  RCS_BA icons in the stock toolbar are multiplying.  Look in the lower right, lol:

Fixed now

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Getting the following error from KSP.log

[ERR 08:39:54.946] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'RCSBuildAid': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RCSBuildAid.AppLauncher' from assembly 'RCSBuildAid, Version=0.9.6.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

and

[ERR 08:40:03.948] [ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading RCSBuildAid, Version=0.9.6.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[EXC 08:40:03.949] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
    System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
    ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>d__33.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception)
    ModuleManager.Logging.ModLogger:Exception(String, Exception)
    ModuleManager.<ProcessPatch>d__33:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Win 10.

KSP 1.4.1

Module Manager 3.0.5

No other mods installed ( not a clean install, install was copied to a new directory and other mods deleted).

Hmm, I updated KW Rocketry in the game folder I use, not the test one and RCS Build Aid is back!

One thing I did note is that the default option for toolbar choice seems to be set to Blizzys Tool bar. I would suggest this be set to the Squad toolbar. This would explain why RCS Build Aid did not show up in the previous post, Blizzy's Tool bar was not installed.

10 hours ago, Agnemon said:

Hmm, I updated KW Rocketry in the game folder I use, not the test one and RCS Build Aid is back!

One thing I did note is that the default option for toolbar choice seems to be set to Blizzys Tool bar. I would suggest this be set to the Squad toolbar. This would explain why RCS Build Aid did not show up in the previous post, Blizzy's Tool bar was not installed.

Good idea,  in fact, given that the toolbar code wasn't properly bundled previously, it should be the default.

Updating now

Hello everyone,

Since the last update (i assume), RCSBA (0.9.6.2 via Ckan) has disappeared…

Here's what I found in the log:

[ERR 16:10:38.877] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'RCSBuildAid': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'RCSBuildAid.AppLauncher' from assembly 'RCSBuildAid, Version=0.9.6.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
[ERR 16:10:49.042] [ModuleManager] Post run call threw an exception in loading RCSBuildAid, Version=0.9.6.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

[EXC 16:10:49.043] ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
	System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes ()
	ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader+<ProcessPatch>d__33.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception)
	ModuleManager.Logging.ModLogger:Exception(String, Exception)
	ModuleManager.<ProcessPatch>d__33:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Full log

Hope someone can help…

Have a great day.

3 hours ago, CoolHand said:

Hello again,

I have followed this procedure to clean mods, but sadly RCSBA does not load on my 1.3.1.1891.

Works fine on 1.4.1.2089, except for the icon showing in the top right corner of the main menus, when coming from a save…

Have a nice day.

You need to install the right version for 1.3.1.

and what do you mean about the icon in the top corners of the main menu.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You need to install the right version for 1.3.1.

Thanks for the reply.

HilmM

CKAN told me that 0.9.6 was compatible with 1.3.1 so I let it upgrade… Can I go back (to 0.9.5.1?) with CKAN or do it by hand?

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

and what do you mean about the icon in the top corners of the main menu.

Sorry for not being comprehensive :confused:

I load a save, then quit to main menu and :

HiloM