Plane landings becoming hard and annoying

I love flying planes in KSP but usually when i try to land with my own built plane (That actually flies), the wheels tend to shoot backwards towards the engine and then sending the nose right into a dive to the ground. I tend to survive these 'landings' but this is happening every single time when i try to land with every other plane. This even happens with the stock planes that the game gives you.

Is this a known bug or mild part cross feed OR am i just landing too hard (Shouldn't be that)

Thanks

Sky

1 hour ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

What mods if any are you using? What level is the runway?

Welcome to the forums as well!

For now it has been happening for stock parts, I use other parts like OBT plane parts if im just doing sandbox for fun.

The runway is also very leveled out.

Thanks for greeting me to the forums.

Edited by SkyRaider

Just now, MoarBoostersRUS said:

It will take a bit for your posts to show since you are new moderators need to approve them after 5 approved posts that limiter is lifted. I will be on for quite awhile longer (I'm in the US) so no worries.

Thanks for letting me know :)

I am not sure what you are describing (pictures, videos or craft files are helpful)  but i do find that if your main landing legs are well behind the centre of mass, the plane will pitch forwards hard when the main wheels hit the ground - the impact pitches the tail into the air and as a result the nose goes down hard.

This wasn't really a problem for me though until  i started flying on Duna.

Try bringing the main gears closer to your CoM.  If this makes tail strikes a problem, then install taller legs and/or fit a small tail bumper wheel to the rear fuselage.

Also what speed are you landing at ?   KSP aerodynamics are a bit goofy,  but there's no real need to put up with landing speeds over 50 m/s even on a space plane.

Just now, AeroGav said:

I am not sure what you are describing (pictures, videos or craft files are helpful)  but i do find that if your main landing legs are well behind the centre of mass, the plane will pitch forwards hard when the main wheels hit the ground - the impact pitches the tail into the air and as a result the nose goes down hard.

This wasn't really a problem for me though until  i started flying on Duna.

Try bringing the main gears closer to your CoM.  If this makes tail strikes a problem, then install taller legs and/or fit a small tail bumper wheel to the rear fuselage.

Also what speed are you landing at ?   KSP aerodynamics are a bit goofy,  but there's no real need to put up with landing speeds over 50 m/s even on a space plane.

I will try and get some Pictures for it

Do you have mods installed in the Gamedata folder?  If so did you use Ckan or Manually install them? check their "read me" files to make sure they are for 1.3.1. If all are for 1.3.1 please list them (sorry I know this might be a pain) this way I can try and weed out the culprit and report it to the mod developer/manager.

My guess is that it's likely a bug in a mod. I've flow quite a few craft all the way down the runway, slammed a few down as well at various speeds, even made a few jet cars and tried them on the 3 stages of runway surfaces with no problem in a pure stock game of 1.3.1.

even if you aren't using parts in the mod as long as it's installed it can play silly buggers with your game.  

18 hours ago, MoarBoostersRUS said:

My guess is that it's likely a bug in a mod. I've flow quite a few craft all the way down the runway, slammed a few down as well at various speeds, even made a few jet cars and tried them on the 3 stages of runway surfaces with no problem in a pure stock game of 1.3.1.

even if you aren't using parts in the mod as long as it's installed it can play silly buggers with your game.  

Hmm... I have never seen mods bugging the game before though. But i think it could be that.

This is usually happening on plane landing gear... Not rover ones.

Edited by SkyRaider

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.