Asteroid bug with KSP 1.3.1

KSP: 1.3.1

Problem: E-class asteroid shrinking in size every time the scene it is in is loaded. 

Mods installed: MechJeb 2.6.1

I'm posting this here because I have no clean save without MechJeb I can test this, but I'm fairly certain the issue is with KSP 1.3.1 and not MJ.

Reproduction steps: 
Load a game with an asteroid that has an 8 digit seed. Go to the asteroid via the tracking station and save (asteroid should be proper size here). Load this new save, asteroid will now be resized and asteroid seed number will be changed to a 7 digit number. 

https://imgur.com/QdwsPuS  Before load

https://imgur.com/T3R0qVC  After load

No other characteristics of the asteroid will change (IE mass, resources, CoM stay the same), and any ships attached to the asteroid will act as if still attached even if they are far away from the new surface. If you release an attached ship and attempt to reattach, you will need to close in to the new smaller surface before attachment occurs. I have another E-class asteroid in orbit which has a 7 digit asteroid seed, but no resizing has occurred and the asteroid seed number is unchanged.

Additional reproduction steps:
Edit the asteroid seed in the persistent file and any saves back to the original number (in my case it was 46564590). Load the game and go to the asteroid. Check the asteroid seed in the persistent file, it should now be truncated (in my case it became 4.656459E+07). Saves should be uneffected at this point. 

Now save the game, then check the asteroid seed in the save files (in my case the asteroid seed in the saves also became 4.656459E+07). 

Load any effected save. Asteroid will resize. Check the asteroid seed number in the persistent file, it will have changed to a 7 digit number (in my case 9709125). Save files will continue to have the truncated number (4.656459E+07) until overwriten by saving after the resize. 

Going forward, all save files and the persistent file will retain the new 7 digit number (9709125) with no additional changes on reloading. 

Edited by Ithicatic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.