Hello ! I'm new to the forum

Urus28

Hello everyone :cool:

After month playing KSP and reading this forum I have finally decided to join your discussions and share some of my creations. I apologise in advance for my english, it's not my native language...

I have a little question for you : is there an add-on for better screenshots ? I'm looking for a better control of the camera with options you generally find on a camera.

If you like digital art I also have a gallery on behance : https://www.behance.net/Patrick-Gaouyat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Urus28:

Welcome to the forum... if you are using Windows 10, you can simply hit <Fn> and <Print Screen> keys at the same time to capture a screen shot. This is an embedded Windows feature which has been around since Windows 95. It doesn't take any additional memory (RAM) as a mod or plugin would. But the thing is finding where it "saves" the image. Normally, and by default,  it is in your "Pictures" folder in a sub-folder called "Screenshots."

Don't be afraid to ask us about anything...and welcome to the forum. We're always glad to have new folks on.

Also a shout-out and welcome to @Vorlitra.

Now, go have fun and post some neat pics to share with our group... no matter how goofy you think your contraption is, well, we still want to see!

4 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

@Urus28:

Welcome to the forum... if you are using Windows 10, you can simply hit <Fn> and <Print Screen> keys at the same time to capture a screen shot. This is an embedded Windows feature which has been around since Windows 95. It doesn't take any additional memory (RAM) as a mod or plugin would. But the thing is finding where it "saves" the image. Normally, and by default,  it is in your "Pictures" folder in a sub-folder called "Screenshots."

Don't be afraid to ask us about anything...and welcome to the forum. We're always glad to have new folks on.

Also a shout-out and welcome to @Vorlitra.

Now, go have fun and post some neat pics to share with our group... no matter how goofy you think your contraption is, well, we still want to see!

Thank you for your help, I know how to make a screenshot in KSP :) What I was looking for is more option for the camera in the game, like changing the depth of field, the focal length.... Something like the photo mode of Gran Turismo.

On 17/11/2017 at 1:43 AM, James Kerman said:

Greetings Urus28.  I think what you are looking for is here (KSP 1.3.1):
https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases/tag/v1.9.0

Thank you ! Good to see it's now working with KSP 1.3.1 !

Unfortunately after test this mod does not really fit with my expectations, it's more for video and I'm searching something for photos. This is still a useful mod !

I checked out your gallery and really like your style.  Le Fauve would be a great logo and the sci-fi stuff would make great desktop backgrounds.

If you could explain the type of shots you want to take I'm sure we could help you achieve them.  In case you are unaware F2 removes the game information leaving just the visual output.  You could also use a rover or a probe to get images of another vessel and then crop the rover/probe out of shot.

You might find inspiration here:

Edited by James Kerman
Added relevant thread

On 18/11/2017 at 11:32 AM, James Kerman said:

I checked out your gallery and really like your style.  Le Fauve would be a great logo and the sci-fi stuff would make great desktop backgrounds.

If you could explain the type of shots you want to take I'm sure we could help you achieve them.  In case you are unaware F2 removes the game information leaving just the visual output.  You could also use a rover or a probe to get images of another vessel and then crop the rover/probe out of shot.

You might find inspiration here:

Ok I made new tests with the camera tool today, I had some problem understanding the control of this mod but it seems to fit with many of my request !

Thanks for your visit in my gallery, I'm glad you like my work =D