What was the hardest decision you ever had to make in this game.

322997am

To me, the hardest decision is what to do in the next new save:

• Which solar system? (I love Kopernicus and those who make new planets/systems)
  • What timeframe relative to the here and now will we be in?
  • What sort of government or private agency is running the space program?
  • What will be the main focus of the space program?
  • Which mods for things like life support, planetary bases, extra parts, etc. to use this time?

The same decision I've been constantly pondering for years, with no resolution in sight: "Is this the KSP version and mod collection that will finally allow me to play the game how I want to play it, with custom tweaked realism settings, truly long-term missions, multiple planet packs, awesome space shuttles, huge space stations and interplanetary motherships, all piloted effectively in IVA, with playable framerates and no game-killing bugs?"

One day, it will happen. I will have a KSP install that will become my definitive version, and I'll enjoy it for a long time instead of repeatedly starting over. My dream.

Because I've been doing my best to preserve my Emiko career, mine is always whether or not to update the game... Each time I do I'm holding my breath and praying my saved game survived.  

Edited by Just Jim

39 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Because I've been doing my best to preserve my Emiko career, mine is always whether or not to update the game... Each time I do I'm holding my breath and praying my saved game survived.  

Which is why I might stick with 1.3.0 for a long while...

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Even without an important save to keep that is the hardest decision to me. Hard to evaluate when the improvements of the update will overcome the tested and true functionality of the stable version.

6 hours ago, Spricigo said:

Even without an important save to keep that is the hardest decision to me. Hard to evaluate when the improvements of the update will overcome the tested and true functionality of the stable version.

Plus when mods are or even will be updated to the newest version.

Backups for the win.

Er.... as a fighter jet pilot, I don't really have that many tough decisions. I guess the hardest one for me was whether or not to head to Minmus with the little dV I had left in my Mun Lander's fuel tanks (Yes, I did land on the Mun; forgot to tell everyone). I chose to head back to Kerbin because 1) I was tired, and 2) Mom was shouting at me to do the laundry.

Other then that, I guess my desicions have been "Should I build this plane now, or after lunch?" #LifeOfTheMostUnderAveragePersonOnTheForums

12 hours ago, Just Jim said:

11 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Which is why I might stick with 1.3.0 for a long while...

I'm thinking about going back to 1.2.2 for The Final Stand. Why? Because IR and KAS work with that version. I downloaded the 1.3 versions of those mods, and sure enough, no parts for IR were present, and all the good parts from 1.2 were missing (Read: Every IR part and the winches/hooks/anchors from KAS). I tried my best surgeon impression (Read: Copying the good parts from 1.2.2 over to the 1.3 file) and couldn't even get to the loading screen. Long story short, I'm probably going back to 1.2.2

9 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

I'm thinking about going back to 1.2.2 for The Final Stand. Why? Because IR and KAS work with that version. I downloaded the 1.3 versions of those mods, and sure enough, no parts for IR were present, and all the good parts from 1.2 were missing (Read: Every IR part and the winches/hooks/anchors from KAS). I tried my best surgeon impression (Read: Copying the good parts from 1.2.2 over to the 1.3 file) and couldn't even get to the loading screen. Long story short, I'm probably going back to 1.2.2

You have to download the IR parts separately now. If you need, I can drop what I am using in 1.3 into Dropbox for you.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

You have to download the IR parts separately now. If you need, I can drop what I am using in 1.3 into Dropbox for you.

Gah! is it the same with KAS too? when I downloaded the 1.3 IR, I only got SM Marine parts in the folder (Note: I've got a mega mod which takes anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to load, and it's got SM Marine in it)

I always wanted to make a mission to a far body with a full set of 3-4 Kerbonauts plus a rover. 

But as the design advanced most of the times i had to sacrifice crew capacity and the rover for the good of the goal.

Also, when i arranged a mothership to jool with individual landing probes i had to crack my brain to organice them so that they fitted aerodinamically and orderly. And poor of me if a didnt play in a week with the vessel road to Jool, when i retaked the game, i hardly remembered the mission plan, it was so intrincated i just xouldnt remember and asked me again why the hell didnt i wrote it donw!

And lately, my hardest decision was wether or not double clik KSP icon at desktop, i finally gace up after many years. Ahh the burnout (crying)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.