Who is the most significant person on the forum to you?

cratercracker

(note: it can't be SQUAD or SQUAD's employees, because they all are important to us, no matter what)

Here is the correct and define question:

Who do you think is the closest and most relative user you have on this fourm?

----------------------------------

To me, it is my friend @xendelaar

Particularly because it all started with him, my first commision, my first friend and basicly my first supporter.

He got hundreds flags and patches from me and i got 100 fair critiques and nice reviews from him.

Xendelaar also has an amazing talent of doing hardcore in KSP, which is was always astronishing to me as i barely leave the sandbox mode!

I haven't been here long, but I like it.  There are a few people I notice I interact with more than the rest, but I don't know if I really know any of you yet.

So I guess the moderation staff is most significant for keeping this forum a place I want to come back to.

that's a heart warming post my friend! 

i remember when we got in touch. I was been playing ksp quite some time and saw the cool mods you were using. we got in touch and  started mailing. it was the beginning of beautiful friendship (nohomo).;)

since you got here you've been a mayor contribution to the community with your flags,  artwork, stories/ poems (although they can be a bit dark from time to time) and forum posts. just look at that reputation :) man you have really grown!

you've been always there for me when i was having trouble with my challenges and you have me many tips on writing less boring mission reports. thanks for everything man!

so I have to pick i would definitely choose @cratercracker

Moved to Kerbal Network, as it's about the forum.

I have a few people I'm close to on the forum, but in the interests of moderator impartiality I don't think it's wise for me to name them. :)

Edited by Dman979
Added a word.

2 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Mainly @Just Jim and @adsii1970 for helping me with my writing. Without y'all, I probably wouldn't be on my 5th story :D 

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

@DarkOwl57: Thank you, I am honored... and pretty sure that @Just Jim feels the same way.

I am honored, thank you! I think the best part of being a fan-fiction writer is knowing I helped a few other people to start writing!!! :D

EDIT: I'm stupid, didn't read the first part of the OP.

Well, this will be a close one...

First off, HarvestR and Moach, but really, those are given. Without them, there would be no KSP, no forums, none of this, which has constituted a great portion of my life. And @illectro (Scott Manley) because he was how I found out about KSP (the Goonstation video, if I'm not mistaken).

The obvious ones being said, I'd have to say @max_creative. He was the one who supported Project Intrepid back when my writing skills were abysmally terrible.. I was about ready to call it quits when I had posted 6 chapters and gotten no responses. Thanks, buddy, because of you I've had an excuse to go to every planet and moon, Project Intrepid now has 39 chapters and counting (plus a cool prologue) and without Project Intrepid, I probably would not have written the vastly more successful Voyage: The Final Warning mission report.

Following closely is @Just Jim for numerous reasons, including support of Voyage: The Final Warning.

Closely behind that is @Kuzzter, who was part of the reason I first joined the forums. I would also like to thank him for the compliments he gave me on my "Final Countdown" KSP music video. He also played a very big role in the beginnings of Project Intrepid - The point in the Jool novel where the mothership was named "Intrepid" triggered me to remember an old project I had started on the older computer (named the Potato) called "Project Intrepid" which led to the start of my own mission report.

And, really, everyone... It's just such a friendly forum. :) Thanks for accepting me.

EDIT: I also must admit I copied Kuzzter's Eve mission in sandbox after it came out. The only difference is, somehow my Atmospheric dipper ended up working...

Edited by Ultimate Steve

@DMagic has known the answer to every Unity programming question I've asked, and in a far deeper and more nuanced way than "this is a common answer I got off of stackexchange." I don't want to rank the "significance" of other people, but since this thread has taken a positive turn towards just expressing gratitude, that's who I'd choose.

I have certain specific folks I'm very happy to see in the forum, but as with @Dman979, I'm not gonna name names, so as not to play favorites.

I can, however, describe their characteristics, i.e. what it is about them that is why I like them so much:

• They're friendly, civil, and respectful to their fellow forum members.
  • They take the trouble to help people who need help.
  • They never, ever mock or belittle people who are less knowledgeable or experienced than themselves.  They share knowledge without condescending.
  • They don't maliciously troll people just to get a reaction out of them (though I suppose this just goes back to the "civil and respectful" thing, above).
  • Not self-righteous.  They don't make the mistake of confusing their own viewpoint with "correctness".
  • They have a sense of humor.

58 minutes ago, Snark said:

I have certain specific folks I'm very happy to see in the forum, but as with @Dman979, I'm not gonna name names, so as not to play favorites.

I can, however, describe their characteristics, i.e. what it is about them that is why I like them so much:

• They're friendly, civil, and respectful to their fellow forum members.
  • They take the trouble to help people who need help.
  • They never, ever mock or belittle people who are less knowledgeable or experienced than themselves.  They share knowledge without condescending.
  • They don't troll people just to get a reaction out of them (though I suppose this just goes back to the "civil and respectful" thing, above).
  • Not self-righteous.  They don't make the mistake of confusing their own viewpoint with "correctness".
  • They have a sense of humor.

Ok, let's see... that blows me out... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.