1 hour ago, Earthlinger said:

I have no idea how to share save files/persistent files, etc, so I just uploaded the whole thing. Hope it works :P

The persistent.sfs is sufficient. Or you can do alt+F5, name it something like "fortified v1", and then share the fortified v1.sfs. Then we can load it using alt+F9.

21 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

somewhat hidden from the sea by the elevated terrain

The frigates are also somewhat hidden inside the island for me. :D Could be that I loaded a science save in a sandbox game, not sure.

screenshot209.png

10 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Also, sadly all my ships are over the part limit XD 

Plaaaannneess!! :D

21 minutes ago, Eidahlil said:

The frigates are also somewhat hidden inside the island for me. :D Could be that I loaded a science save in a sandbox game, not sure.

Oh. Um

I play with the visuals on the lowest quality, so it could be that your terrain is different....

15 minutes ago, ShadowGoat said:

Technically everything with an engine and basic sas is a surprisingly maneuverable plane or sub in 0g.

Shhhh....don't ruin my dreams... :D

Though considering that the ship weighs 350 tons and has zero reaction wheels....

The frigates are 344.87 tons, the corvettes are 252.27 tons, and the battle cruiser is 628.33 tons :P

Edited by Earthlinger

Just now, ShadowGoat said:

what? How does that work at slow speeds and with only thrust gimbal? Technically elevens shouldn't work unless you are going at a substantial speed.

Not sure..? The renegade-class corvettes (different ship, not the one that's flying in the picture) are super maneuverable. There's also a lot of engines, so they add up to a lot of thrust

1 minute ago, ShadowGoat said:

Alright I guess that's somewhat reasonable. That would be an interesting thing to see. Bdarmory ship ai in 0g.

The buoyancy is also quite high, since it's all fuel tanks and no armor.

And I doubt the AI would handle the ship well in 0g lol :D

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I’ve done a minor rebuild of the Castellum, removed the useless torpedoes, removed one of the three buoyancy assemblies, changed the PAC-3s to AMRAAMS, and done a few tweak of the AI.

Also, working on this.

screenshot1562.png

Is that stock? I can't make out the engine casings/whatever those are :D

1 hour ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

@Earthlinger so my huge @$$ PTB wont work, so i make it smaller
sauce : https://kerbalx.com/dimas_1502/sm0l-PTB

Okay, I can run a 3v1 with several of those boats and one of my frigates.

Total part count on your side would be 174, and 77 on mine. 251 parts is manageable for my computer. Phew :D

Can we use the new bda beta? seems like much more balanced combat will come from that. Plus much more skill based ships which will finally allow me and MiffedStarfish to utilize our hulls properly :D

I mean, now there will be a purpose to my so far ineffective armor! and probably will end up with op ships with my double hull on the Titan XD

@Earthlinger I WILL NEVER REPLY TO YOU!!!!!!!!! you tried XD

untill someone else replies

Some body that is not me, reply!

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/33446-guess-who-will-reply-next/&page=456&tab=comments#comment-3247321

2 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Can we use the new bda beta? seems like much more balanced combat will come from that. Plus much more skill based ships which will finally allow me and MiffedStarfish to utilize our hulls properly :D

I'm in! I've been running the dev version for a while, and it really makes a lot of difference. I can also probably run a battle or two in the dev version (too lazy to revert to an older one), but it's mostly similar to the beta. I think my laptop can handle about 400 parts per side before it becoming too slow. Sometime before I've run 500+, but it was way too slow for me to try again. :D Just tell me what to run against what (and if you want AI on the ships). :)

The only sad part is that I haven't found a way to nicely beat @Earthlinger's challenge in dev:

• The turrets shoot down bombs super efficiently. And if I drop more bombs, then one exploding (shot down) blows up all the others. Maybe if I dropped them from many small planes though...
  • Goalkeepers at 3km barely do any damage to the flak cannons, unlike before. Any closer, and my craft get shot up.
  • The things are way too small to really hit using artillery at long range.
  • My (AI) aircraft haven't really utilized AGM missiles properly to date, but so far that's the most promising strategy.
  • I'm also thinking of making a landing craft and doing a land-based assault from a less defended coast, but they are harder to design than I wished.
  • I don't want to resort to using a million cruise missiles, because that feels cheap.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.