Naval Warfare

=-=

Hello, and welcome! This is an old, pretty dead thread, but some of us are still alive, so feel free to drop a ship or take a look around. At the moment there's not much in the way of rules – no point system and little competitive flair – so click away and make what you wish. If it floats it's a boat. That being said, submarines are valid options, and if you like planes, you can always pit them against ships.

Mods:

BDArmory Continued / BDArmory for Runway Project (weaponry).

VesselMover (strongly recommended for positioning / deployment).

Tweakscale (for the carrier and capital ship aficionados).

+ Other mods (though for the sake of standardization, staying in the stock + BDA family is probably most convenient).

Edited by Earthlinger

****NOTICE This vessel has been dubbed not seaworthy and has been scrapped. Testing has begun on various other vessels (see my next post)****

Tomorrow my time i will have an entry to try against @Earthlinger, i still have some tests to run and but it will be ready by tomorrow my time.

teaser pic:

1qWKEcS.png

Edited by Im The One

****EDIT: THIS SHIP HAS BEEN SCRAPPED DUE TO WEAK ARMOUR ISSUES. IGNORE THIS POST****

Semi-teaser pic of it being rammed in the flank (middle) by a smaller ship:

screenshot414

The armour evidently needs some work....

Ramming it head-on:

screenshot419

Minor damage. Only a few wing parts were broken, but the structural plates underneath were untouched

Edited by Earthlinger

21 minutes ago, Im The One said:

So i have run into an issue of not being able to deploy my ship off the coast of KSC (using hyper edit) what are the coordinates that you guys use to start your vessels off?

I suggest you use vessel mover, it's a lot easier to use on surface craft. Hyper edit is better for things like orbits and stuff.

Addressing your question though, you can just deploy the two ships wherever you want, as long as it's in water.

Edited by Earthlinger

2 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Btw, when I start KSP, the BD Armory tab is nowhere to be found, either in the VAB or the SPH. I have to merge previously-built warships in order to get the parts I need. Does anyone else have this problem?

I have not had that probelm.

On 10/29/2017 at 7:50 AM, Im The One said:

So i have run into an issue of not being able to deploy my ship off the coast of KSC (using hyper edit) what are the coordinates that you guys use to start your vessels off?

I just use a few wheels and decopulers, and drive into the ocean using the engines on the ship.. Can be a bit finicky, and will more often then not blow the ship up, (ahem, behemoth- class gun barge [A huge barge covered with guns and nukes from NKD, and a few hover craft style,fans on the back], but still works..

Edited by TheMadKraken2297
Explaining the behemoth

I have an idea for when (or if) more people start participating: We could expand on the challenge and make three tiers of badges/flags for accomplishments.

- One for defeating a ship that is three times more powerful than yours. (The average will be calculated out of the number of parts, guns/cannons, and weight)

- One for defeating five ships in total (though not necessarily in a row) that all have a higher part count

- And one for taking on three ships in the same battle. (The enemy ships would have to be at least the same size in terms of part count and mass, but not gun count)

@Earthlinger is there a size limit [i know about the part limit] in place and is there a engine type restriction? I have a few but they are all pretty big, like my 1:1 scale Yamato and USS Arizona just depends if I can pull them off the old hard drive. If not I'm still gonna enter :wink:

Edited by KenjiKrafts
More referring to meters than parts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.