9 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Sure, I can run it or you can if you want?

I can run it if the part count is below 400, which would mean something pretty small-scale.

Also, my video editing software is not cooperating at the moment, so it would be all pictures :(

Also also, I appear to have run out of likes. I had no idea that could happen lol :D

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Hm. Castellum is 305 parts, my planes are around 50... it would be a bit over but probably ok with just 2 planes.

I meant 400 parts in total, not per side :D

:/

I can run something with one of my corvettes and three of your planes

Edited by Earthlinger

13 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

k

I shall accept dis challenge! :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kiaxs15lf749yre/Renegade-Class Corvette.craft?dl=0&m

4 of those corvettes = 500 parts. 3 of them = 375. Deploy them as a fleet please. Since your craft are modded, I'd like the gun and visual ranges set to max, the burst length set to 10, and the wait/pause interval thingy-whatsit-called set to 1 :)

Edited by Earthlinger

thats not gonna be fair...... my modded aircraft are ww1 craft XD

torpedo bombers

im gonna remove the lasers and missiles from your craft ok?

might take a day or two to record

all other options are fine

wait what version did you make the renegade? it says its incompatible

ah, dammit

im on 1.3, wait a sec while i update :c

9 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

thats not gonna be fair...... my modded aircraft are ww1 craft XD

torpedo bombers

im gonna remove the lasers and missiles from your craft ok?

might take a day or two to record

all other options are fine

wait what version did you make the renegade? it says its incompatible

ah, dammit

im on 1.3, wait a sec while i update :c

Sure, you can take out the lasers/missiles :P Or you could put only one or two of my corvettes and then spam aircraft :D And yeah I'm in 1.3.1

Ok: 3 AG-1 Bomber aircraft, 68 parts each, and 3 AN-T torpedo bombers, 52 parts each, total 360 parts vs four of your renegades. Vids here: 

pics:

Corvettes in a line

2HnLtfO.png

AG-1

pB9xBHk.png

AN-T

pwSSXkC.png

The air group in formation:

NSdfdmF.png

So what happened was i sent the bombers ahead to run interference while the torpedo bombers did their work but they got shredded leaving the torpedo bombers to die

sadly that one torpedo missed :c

im gonna take a real air group out there now, a modern one

Four corvettes with missiles and a collective count of 24 Oerlikon cannons.....vs six WWI planes....

I think four was too many :D But interesting battle :) Thanks for running it. My computer's fan would have taken off if I tried to run a battle like that lol

19 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Earthlinger are there badges for this challenge? If you want, I could use my awful paint skills to create some.

:D Yeah I mentioned making one in the first page of this thread, but I'm not sure how we would award it. I was thinking maybe awarding it to ships that preform exceptionally well (it's performance would be judged by all of us). Like say if one of the ships took on ten planes and destroyed them all, or if a destroyer took out three other ships on it's own. Something like that.

It doesn't have to be an actual drawing/sketch. It could just be some basic shapes/symbols with the silhouette of a ship and some words. Idk :D

Edited by Earthlinger

1 minute ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

i see some NAS weapons, is that allowed? (dual M2HB and torp)

Only if the person using the mods hosts the battle, and even then, the victories won't be considered legitimate, because of disparities in the weapons, etc.

2 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

I had an idea about some 10 part drones that would launch from a carrier using 4 helicopter rotors....(airplane plus) How about 40 of those against a corvette? @earthlinger

That would be pretty epic :D

Although I'm pretty sure only one corvette would be thoroughly annihilated. Feel free to try though :)

Edited by Earthlinger

13 minutes ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Yeah, I would if i knew how to set up the BDAc AI.... Ill just build a boat.

Step 1: put an AI flight computer and weapon manager on each drone.

Step 2: Spawn the drones beside each other. (Lets say you get 10 arranged in a line)

Step 3: Cycle through them and activate the engines, but with the throttle at zero. So, press x, and then stage the engines. (This only works with planes though. I don't think the AI will be able to use rotors/other mod parts).

Step 4: Now that all the drones have their engines activated and running idle on zero thrust, cycle through them again and activate the AI pilots. (This is done by right clicking the AI pilot flight computer, going to the bottom of the page, and then clicking 'Activate Pilot.'

As long as guard mode is active, and with the visual range set to max, the pilot AI will automatically make the planes lift off and fly towards craft on the opposite team.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.