3 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Chuck in 5 305 part Castellums too! :D

1525 parts.......................

Uh...

Mebbe no...One Castellum, two frigates, and something from @Sidestrafe2462 would be around 800-850 parts, depending on how big Sidestrafe's ship is. A total of 1000 parts should be manageable

Not for me, mind you. I need to buy a better computer so I can start hosting some of these things lol :D

Edited by Earthlinger

1 hour ago, Earthlinger said:

Not for me, mind you. I need to buy a better computer so I can start hosting some of these things lol :D

I think you'll like my latest then. Just 20 parts. :D Only one goalkeeper, which means it's just target practice for the battleships while trying to get into range. I should really incorporate a dodging routine into the AI.

https://kerbalx.com/juzeris/Point-defense-boat

screenshot208.png

11 hours ago, Eidahlil said:

I think you'll like my latest then. Just 20 parts. :D Only one goalkeeper, which means it's just target practice for the battleships while trying to get into range. I should really incorporate a dodging routine into the AI.

I doubt dodging would do much. Those little boats, at 90 m/s, would outrun even the Renegade-Class corvettes. Heck, they could outrun some of my low altitude bombers :D

Anyone want to run this ship? Pretty part heavy at 500 part because of struts

OLOgoP2.png

I've figured out the TWS radar wasn't the best for sea detection, so I strapped on some snub radars which have much better ground detection range. I'm using them and AIM-120s as mid-range anti ship missiles.

Ive finished the Titan class battleship, it comes with an NAS version :D It can survive a broadside hit from an Abrams very well but a front hit will remove it. The Olympian is good for frontal attacks and can take a whole salvo of front hits.

its somehow only 480 parts, shorter than the Olympian Class heavy cruiser and yet somehow has better broadside, front firepower, and AA

6 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

yeah, it can. twice as many guns XD

nvm, if all the guns are the ones we can see i have four times as many

No guns, but lots of missiles. I could try running a 1v1 but my lagtop is too poor to record a video with it.

Sent sidestrafe my ship, hoping he'll send me back his for me to run a test and get some pics

Edited by NotAnAimbot

vs7MyG.png

One can never have too many frigates. Five of them is a mere 385 parts, which, I admit, my computer had problems running. The wise thing would have been to recover the stuff and get my FPS back to a healthy level, but......Ah well

Spoiler

nyM2q6.png

Spoiler

3B2LN9.pngkJKrch.pngKekFs4.png8gHPLs.pngBy8wIZ.png

I need to make a gif of this....

By the way, I fortified the island runaway (the one ~40 km from the KSC) with some basic turrets/ships:

3 x Oerlikon Turrets

3 x Missile Turrets (Heat-Seeking)

2 x Frigates (The ones I made)

The part count is low - the Oerlikon turrets are 10 parts or something, and the missile turrets are somewhere around 16 or 20. Frigates are 77 parts.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AiHdbAKsTRpDmiZ9TMQUCDIHPL3F

I have no idea how to share save files/persistent files, etc, so I just uploaded the whole thing. Hope it works :P

The objective: Destroy all the turrets/ships! :D Try to do it with only 250 parts (or less). The forces around the island runaway are set to team A, and I think they all have guard mode on. You can check. Also, feel free to toy around with the guard mode settings, if you find that they are too easy or hard.

4 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I think I’ll try that! It'll be fun and hopefully informative to test my ships against different scenarios and set ups instead of against other single ships.

I recommend that you launch planes as well though. Some of the turrets are somewhat hidden from the sea by the elevated terrain, so a ship might not be able to reach them with conventional guns

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.