Ooooooooooh I just had an idea...

We could make amphibious assault ships, load them up with trucks, and stage attacks on the KSC. (D-day style)

2 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

so i made a coastal landing destroyer with nearly 120+ parts

Show us some screenshots of it :)

Edited by Earthlinger

So, er, the Renegade-class corvettes move amazingly fast once they've spent their fuel (90m/s), but they're also unstable. Pitching up will cause the entire ship to literally lift off, and turning hard will flip them. It's fine as long as you don't touch the S/W keys and turn carefully whilst tapping Q/E, but the sheer speed is not as reassuring as it should be :D

qlG0os.png6wZtCC.pngP1m1Pt.png

On a side note, I've decided to allow Tweakscale - but only for aircraft carriers and amphibious assault ships. Mainly because the battles here center around either 1V1's, where ships can be big, and fleet battles, where smaller part counts are favored. A fully stock carrier might look great, but it's really not as useful in the battles when it's going to take up most, if not all, of the part budget.

To build a carrier large enough to support a meaningful amount of planes and ground assault vehicles, you would need to make it very big. The MK3 cargo bays aren't sufficient to fit large rovers, and bays made from structural plates consume too many parts.

So I think we should allow Tweakscale for battles involving carriers. Structural plates can be enlarged to make the decks, and the cargo bays can be similarly bloated to support tanks. If, however, anyone has any complaints regarding this change, or wants to point something out, then I'm more than willing to listen :)

10 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Ooooooooooh I just had an idea...

We could make amphibious assault ships, load them up with trucks, and stage attacks on the KSC. (D-day style)

Show us some screenshots of it :)

here is it brudda

mCIEwey.png

B6TW05F.png

BfNlnC9.png

sorry for the ugly looking VLS

Edited by [INDO]dimas_1502

9 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Made a new ship, ended up exactly as I wanted it, twice the Castellum is every respect.

The MHC-11 Arx. Twice the cost of Castellum, twice the size, well over twice the firepower (and a choppa), and unfortunately for @Earthlinger twice the parts, at 605. :(

Nice! duel my titan

I was intending to have a 2 battlecrusier 1 axon missile thing vs the Titan but considering the 250 round tank factor of the titan i thought that would have been unfair....

@MiffedStarfish your ship looks like a much better match

gimme specs like gun count

something like 3 abrams, a lot of hydras and cruise missiles, some lasers and the choppa? (cant forget the choppa)

how many engines?

8 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

So, er, the Renegade-class corvettes move amazingly fast once they've spent their fuel (90m/s), but they're also unstable. Pitching up will cause the entire ship to literally lift off, and turning hard will flip them. It's fine as long as you don't touch the S/W keys and turn carefully whilst tapping Q/E, but the sheer speed is not as reassuring as it should be :D

On a side note, I've decided to allow Tweakscale - but only for aircraft carriers and amphibious assault ships. Mainly because the battles here center around either 1V1's, where ships can be big, and fleet battles, where smaller part counts are favored. A fully stock carrier might look great, but it's really not as useful in the battles when it's going to take up most, if not all, of the part budget.

To build a carrier large enough to support a meaningful amount of planes and ground assault vehicles, you would need to make it very big. The MK3 cargo bays aren't sufficient to fit large rovers, and bays made from structural plates consume too many parts.

So I think we should allow Tweakscale for battles involving carriers. Structural plates can be enlarged to make the decks, and the cargo bays can be similarly bloated to support tanks. If, however, anyone has any complaints regarding this change, or wants to point something out, then I'm more than willing to listen :)

looks at my stock carrier

tweakscales the whole thing*

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHH

I WILL TAKE OVER THE WHOLE WORLD

GIB ALL UR CLAY TO ME

Edited by Sidestrafe2462

12 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

so i made a coastal landing destroyer with nearly 120+ parts
even though it made only with stock and BDAc parts it can sink a LBP destroyer with 2 AMRAAM and a single stingray
kinda OP tho

try my Titan

tho i actually have not seen it yet, im doing this on a regulated comp

Just want some tests run

@MiffedStarfish what computer do you have and what can it run?

Edited by Sidestrafe2462

4 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

@MiffedStarfish how do you post your pics on? 

and sorry for all of the mentions

My computer could probably run about 1500 parts, Arx is 600. It’s got 3 Goliath engines,about 460km of range not accounting for lighter fuel loads at the end, 44 missiles, 3 LASORZ, 2 millenniums, 3 abrams, a goalkeeper, a load of hydra turrets, some 30mm chain guns, and of course the choppa.

The mentions are fine. :)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

6 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

I was intending to have a 2 battlecrusier 1 axon missile thing vs the Titan but considering the 250 round tank factor of the titan i thought that would have been unfair....

The AXON drone ships can be the appetizers :P:D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.