Haven’t posted here for a while, so I’ll show what up I’ve been up to recently with ships.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/kerbal-powers/images/c/c1/A3AEE423-50D4-4EFF-8BE0-B1211E4EDC25.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20180212202534

(Uploading link because the embedded image is tiny)

The Castellum has gone through 7 major versions at this point, and this is probably one of biggest. To squeeze more range out of it, I replaced the main cargo bay with a fuel tank, and spread the critical components out. This vastly improved the hydrodynamics, allowing me to push about 5m/s more speed, more than doubled the range, and cut costs by 15k. Taking advantage of the new price, I rearmed some sections of it, replacing the HARMs with dual sidewinder turrets, leaving it still 8k less than the previous version, but superior in every way.

3 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Haven’t posted here for a while, so I’ll show what up I’ve been up to recently with ships.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/kerbal-powers/images/c/c1/A3AEE423-50D4-4EFF-8BE0-B1211E4EDC25.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20180212202534

(Uploading link because the embedded image is tiny)

The Castellum has gone through 7 major versions at this point, and this is probably one of biggest. To squeeze more range out of it, I replaced the main cargo bay with a fuel tank, and spread the critical components out. This vastly improved the hydrodynamics, allowing me to push about 5m/s more speed, more than doubled the range, and cut costs by 15k. Taking advantage of the new price, I rearmed some sections of it, replacing the HARMs with dual sidewinder turrets, leaving it still 8k less than the previous version, but superior in every way.

Looks great :D

Your hulls are very nice and streamlined. What's the part count?

Also, can it withstand direct hits from Abrams cannons, because the few prototypes I've made in the past can't tank more than one direct shot :P

3 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Looks great :D

Your hulls are very nice and streamlined. What's the part count?

Also, can it withstand direct hits from Abrams cannons, because the few prototypes I've made in the past can't tank more than one direct shot :P

Not sure exactly, but probably around 400 parts. I haven’t done extensive testing with it yet, but the older models could take a few to the superstructure. The Arx once tanked 5 direct hits though, before sinking.

9 hours ago, dreadanaught said:

Where can I get the BD Armory mod? I could probably build a stock warship with weapons, but the BD Armory mod would make it easier. Thanks!

Eventually, we'll start using the beta, but at the moment I think it's kinda buggy :D

On 2/14/2018 at 8:41 AM, MiffedStarfish said:

Not sure exactly, but probably around 400 parts. I haven’t done extensive testing with it yet, but the older models could take a few to the superstructure. The Arx once tanked 5 direct hits though, before sinking.

cool! my record is 350 direct hits (and at least 20 indirect missile strikes and 5 direct hits with aim120) and still combat operational with the Titan 2

with beta bda

makes armor so much more useful :D

31 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

cool! my record is 350 direct hits (and at least 20 indirect missile strikes and 5 direct hits with aim120) and still combat operational with the Titan 2

with beta bda

makes armor so much more useful :D

It might actually be worth double or triple armouring with new beta. Though I’ve heard there are some issues with damage output balancing, I’m looking forward to the new system.

You people should look up a game called "From the Depths"

It's literally exactly this, except the whole game is centered around building battleships, airships, and spaceships to fight one another

Artillery is 100% custom

artillery cannons are 100% custom

I can build a rail-assisted 213.55 mm cannon that has a 2 ft long sabot, 2 ft long rail casing, and 2 ft long gunpowder casing, then set up an artilley piece that has 1-3 barrels and can fire them in full auto at 1 round per second with a 20 round burst and reaload time of about 20 seconds.

Not to, ya know, change your views of this, this is absolutely cool AF compared to what other people do in KSP (which is primarily launch rockets), but the game mentioned above is legit 100% for this purpose. Just thought I'd say something about the game FTD because it's not a very widely known game, and I myself have built some rather satisfying crafts there.

I'm still building an airship that has 2 artillery batterie, both of which are 4 100mm cannons with 6 barrels, they fire 45 sabot rounds at 500m/s at 2 RPS, and have a 5 second reload time. In other words, it's like liquiding my name in concrete.

If yous guys enjoy this activity in KSP, then yous guys gonna definitelys enjoys this activities in FTDs.

FTD is also easier on your resources, so you can build something about the size of an aircraft carrier, and it won't cost about 500,000 rocket pieces repurposed for sea battle. It'd be moreover about 50,000-150,000 parts, but it's a lot less than you'd be using if you built it and floated it here in KSP. Plus, you can have your ships move faster than 20m/s without fear of the whole ship crumbling.

I’ve heard of it, some friends have it and have reccomended it. I don’t really like the block building in games like it and minecraft and to some extent Space Engineers when compared to KSP’s system, though it seems like a fun game. Though it may be a different game better suited to naval combat, I really enjoy pushing KSP’s boundaries. Plus, it costs money and I’m skint. :)

Anyway, I’m trying to construct a smaller, single Abrams, single goliath, patrol boat, so I’ll update when I get it finished.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Plus, it costs money and I’m skint

Me too lol

The game does look fun though. I may try it one day, if I manage to scrounge up enough pennies.....

2 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Anyway, I’m trying to construct a smaller, single Abrams, single goliath, patrol boat, so I’ll update when I get it finished.

I made a tiny 'Micro PTB' with 30 parts, but it only has two 50 cal turrets....

Easily tops 80 m/s when fully loaded though :D

18 hours ago, SeventhArchitect said:

It's literally exactly this, except the whole game is centered around building battleships, airships, and spaceships to fight one another

Artillery is 100% custom

I can build a rail-assisted 213.55 mm cannon that has a 2 ft long sabot, 2 ft long rail casing, and 2 ft long gunpowder casing, then set up an artilley piece that has 1-3 barrels and can fire them in full auto at 1 round per second with a 20 round burst and reaload time of about 20 seconds.

Not to, ya know, change your views of this, this is absolutely cool AF compared to what other people do in KSP (which is primarily launch rockets), but the game mentioned above is legit 100% for this purpose. Just thought I'd say something about the game FTD because it's not a very widely known game, and I myself have built some rather satisfying crafts there.

I'm still building an airship that has 2 artillery batterie, both of which are 4 100mm cannons with 6 barrels, they fire 45 sabot rounds at 500m/s at 2 RPS, and have a 5 second reload time. In other words, it's like liquiding my name in concrete.

If yous guys enjoy this activity in KSP, then yous guys gonna definitelys enjoys this activities in FTDs.

FTD is also easier on your resources, so you can build something about the size of an aircraft carrier, and it won't cost about 500,000 rocket pieces repurposed for sea battle. It'd be moreover about 50,000-150,000 parts, but it's a lot less than you'd be using if you built it and floated it here in KSP. Plus, you can have your ships move faster than 20m/s without fear of the whole ship crumbling.

oh i love that game!!!! its so amazing :DDDDDDD

using 8 gantry missiles in a huge vls is op, dwg cannot stand up to firepower of that magnitude

played it since 2015

you get the hang of CIWS cannons yet? gp-gp-gp-comp head with a 5-barrel 100mm works wonders if you give it some room

anyhow, im gonna rebuild avalon (my carrier) from the ground up. Suggestions?

19 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

It might actually be worth double or triple armouring with new beta. Though I’ve heard there are some issues with damage output balancing, I’m looking forward to the new system.

armor is single layer on Titan 2

makes me think......

Ok. My brain storm is nearly over. I have some.... Let's say 'fun' ideas. It shouldn't be over, say, 500 parts. It has to do with taking one of my old airliners (Me and @qzgy got in an one upping contest and we escalated it to 500 plus part monsters of jumbo jets). If I remove the wings that's a lot of space for weapons...

On 2/18/2018 at 9:05 PM, TheMadKraken2297 said:

Ok. My brain storm is nearly over. I have some.... Let's say 'fun' ideas. It shouldn't be over, say, 500 parts. It has to do with taking one of my old airliners (Me and @qzgy got in an one upping contest and we escalated it to 500 plus part monsters of jumbo jets). If I remove the wings that's a lot of space for weapons...

It's.....a plane?

o_O

On 11/24/2017 at 7:48 PM, TheMadKraken2297 said:

98685596EB40AF6010A6C1523CE983B32E58D7C9

Ok it's finished, just need to add a few tweaks. @qzgy, consider yourself one-upped.

On 11/24/2017 at 8:50 PM, TheMadKraken2297 said:

What, you haven't ever seen a 5 meter shock cone attached to 5 meter fuel tanks? I needed it for the rear mounted tweakscaled 2.5m Whiplash 

Its totally safe! I think... Well, we went through a rigorous inspection progress, with our top scientists inspecting every aspect of it!

Reveal hidden contents

B5F0BA525A20FDDDEEE76E60D8A5B111DDECA84B

IDK, it probably dosen't take off....

Reveal hidden contents

02E8412AE6DAE6206443854B5295164A96F8FBB4

Jeb's Fun Rating: 100,000 out of 10. See his smile in the spoiler? he's so happy his eyes have gone apart and he's now insane!

Oh! and I have a new version that crashed the game on  my brand spanking new gaming PC: (Picture not available) probs 'cuz of the 20 3.5 meter tweak scaled Goliaths.... :) :P

This is it! If I can get it to take off, and possibly add armor, I can slap a few dozen CIWS Turrets on the underbelly. I'd also be nearly invincible to missiles because of all the Turrets. And Abrams cannons don't aim that high.

7 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

It's.....a plane?

o_O

Yes. Yes it is. I have to rebuild it because I needed to reset my PC, but yeah. It's a plane.

On 2/16/2018 at 4:54 PM, SeventhArchitect said:

Artillery is 100% custom

I tried it. The learning curve was too steep and I understood none of it. But I tried GMod recently and I familiarized myself with wiremod and ACF, so it can't be too hard...

8 hours ago, TheMadKraken2297 said:

I tried it. The learning curve was too steep and I understood none of it. But I tried GMod recently and I familiarized myself with wiremod and ACF, so it can't be too hard...

theres a bunch of tutorials, its not that hard. though i cant say much, i basically turned the designer up to "expert parts, only use for insane players" and i still have not got past the first enemy faction :P

how to ship: get wood, make something you like (e to get more parts, n to get symetry across your view {the blue line} )

put stuff on till it works :P 

6 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

theres a bunch of tutorials, its not that hard. though i cant say much, i basically turned the designer up to "expert parts, only use for insane players" and i still have not got past the first enemy faction :P

how to ship: get wood, make something you like (e to get more parts, n to get symetry across your view {the blue line} )

put stuff on till it works :P 

I tried the tutorials... Mabye steam could help me. Thanks anyways, I didn't know about the symmetry!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.