14 minutes ago, Steven Kerman said:

How many parts do these ships average out to!? I want to make a ship, but I'm worried about melting my laptop.

Depends on the ship, and on people’s different classifications. I’m running a PC that can handle 1500 parts, but @Earthlinger has made some really nice low part ships that function just as well as my higher part count warships, so it’s not much of a limiting factor.

25 minutes ago, Steven Kerman said:

How many parts do these ships average out to!? I want to make a ship, but I'm worried about melting my laptop.

You can make a well-rounded craft with 100 parts or less. Only problem is that you will be sacrificing the armor, so the ships will be quite vulnerable. But it also means that the ships will be suited for swarm tactics, since other people with better computers will be able to host large numbers of whatever low part count vessels you create

On 2/21/2018 at 7:45 AM, Sidestrafe2462 said:

no prob

Ok thanks... Apparently you don't have to link everything together anymore? I started in something like Alpha 0.6 or something like that, you had to click on Q to start a link from the fire controls to then click on this weird block then configure a setting then I just rage quit after ninety minutes. And now there's prefabs and junk. Seems easier now, but the controls are a pain and it could use a new launcher. Wait, back on topic: BOATS! And EXPLOSIONS! 

33 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

armed?

One would hope so.

HOWEVER, I did notice that weapons mounted on the undersides of ships don't fire at underwater craft, so - OH WAIT I JUST GOT AN IDEA!

Spoiler

SUBS VS UNDERWATER BASES

(inspired by @Lo Var Lachland's challenge from some time ago which unfortunately went dead.

Lets try that

36 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

5 panthers on a 17 ton craft makes for fast

You mean ultrasonic seaplane?

2 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

@Earthlinger

Could two companies team up? 

So could FÆ and TÖG (literally just me and a friend) to make one mega corporation? 

We'd only enter as one company, posting only FÆ/TÖG combos. :cool:

We're not really doing this as companies (although the ships are usually named after a corporation of sorts, I guess. For me it's AXON Robotics, and @MiffedStarfish has....F-Tech...I think, and @Sidestrafe2462 has the Sidean Fleet) so you can really just submit any craft. In the future, we might do some form of RP, but at the moment there is none. (And it's not allowed anyways, on these forums)

5 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

We're not really doing this as companies (although the ships are usually named after a corporation of sorts, I guess. For me it's AXON Robotics, and @MiffedStarfish has....F-Tech...I think, and @Sidestrafe2462 has the Sidean Fleet) so you can really just submit any craft. In the future, we might do some form of RP, but at the moment there is none. (And it's not allowed anyways, on these forums)

Yup, F-Tech is a handy prefix to seperate my craft from downloaded ones easily. Role-play and corporations though are banned on the forums.

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Yup, F-Tech is a handy prefix to seperate my craft from downloaded ones easily. Role-play and corporations though are banned on the forums.

Kinda sucks that we can't RP our own companies, like not even a brand  ;.;

Edited by KenjiKrafts
More sadness

17 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

Kinda sucks that we can't RP our own companies, like not even a brand  ;.;

We could, on Discord....

I'm sure there are some threads that host RP battles on discord

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.