On 3/6/2018 at 7:07 AM, Earthlinger said:

We're not really doing this as companies (although the ships are usually named after a corporation of sorts, I guess. For me it's AXON Robotics, and @MiffedStarfish has....F-Tech...I think, and @Sidestrafe2462 has the Sidean Fleet) so you can really just submit any craft. In the future, we might do some form of RP, but at the moment there is none. (And it's not allowed anyways, on these forums)

Actually its the Sidean Republic/Empire, the Fleet is just our wet navy branch

im thinking... maybe i could start a sort of yt series on these. possibly maybe f-tech vs me and AXON? Miffed has more experience than me and his ships are made well enough to be a juggernaut 

48 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

im thinking... maybe i could start a sort of yt series on these. possibly maybe f-tech vs me and AXON? Miffed has more experience than me and his ships are made well enough to be a juggernaut 

Roleplay is banned because of the arguing it can trigger. However, most of us already have established companies/organizations, and if we stage things as a turn-based adventure game type thing, then fighting over things like territory and such could be avoided.

I was thinking that we could do a sort of 'war series' with our companies. We could set part and cost budgets, and come up with a formula to see how costly a craft would be, and use that to decide how many of each of our ships to use in the war.

For example, lets say the part budget was something like 1500. Miffed would probably be able to afford three or four high quality ships, and I could spam about 16 or 17 frigates.

The participants could challenge each other, similar to how we've been doing things in the past, and set up a battle. Participants get points awarded and removed depending on how many ships they lose.

If you lose so many points that you can't afford any more craft, you're eliminated from the war. The last person standing wins.

Sounds fun?

19 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

Roleplay is banned because of the arguing it can trigger. However, most of us already have established companies/organizations, and if we stage things as a turn-based adventure game type thing, then fighting over things like territory and such could be avoided.

I was thinking that we could do a sort of 'war series' with our companies. We could set part and cost budgets, and come up with a formula to see how costly a craft would be, and use that to decide how many of each of our ships to use in the war.

For example, lets say the part budget was something like 1500. Miffed would probably be able to afford three or four high quality ships, and I could spam about 16 or 17 frigates.

The participants could challenge each other, similar to how we've been doing things in the past, and set up a battle. Participants get points awarded and removed depending on how many ships they lose.

If you lose so many points that you can't afford any more craft, you're eliminated from the war. The last person standing wins.

Sounds fun?

I highly doubt this would be allowed on the forums, so it would probably have to happen on discord or something else, but it sounds really fun. :)

48 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I highly doubt this would be allowed on the forums, so it would probably have to happen on discord or something else, but it sounds really fun. :)

We could try to do it here first....

Then if things get out of hand, we could move over to Discord

Edited by Earthlinger

6 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

We could try to do it here first....

Then if things get out of hand, we could move over to Discord

A point base system is definitely role play. Discord is a better place for it.

Edited by MiffedStarfish

12 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Sounds fun?

I'll be starting a naval war soon, to keep the nature of this challenge clear we could use my thread and discord

Just need to update to 1.3 first :confused:

Edited by KenjiKrafts
Info

3 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

to keep the nature of this challenge clear we could use my thread

Wait which one?

Also, is it just me or are planes/boats more sluggish in 1.4?

Edited by Earthlinger

18 minutes ago, KenjiKrafts said:

I haven't made it yet but I'll let you know when it's up 

We could probably just do that here though.

Are you talking about an RP thread for general warmongering, or naval fleet battles, or....?

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

It’s out. :) jets sound absolutely awful and every decoupler needs to be replaced, but that’s about the only negative bits.

Yeah I'd rather not use my ships with their 12 panther engines running at full thrust with that noise :P

I loved the parachutes though, and the new tanks :D

9 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

It’s out. :) jets sound absolutely awful and every decoupler needs to be replaced, but that’s about the only negative bits.

looks like i missed a ton while my wifi was down

are 1.3 ships compatible with it?

8 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

Yeah I'd rather not use my ships with their 12 panther engines running at full thrust with that noise :P

I loved the parachutes though, and the new tanks :D

ahhhh

how would you think about a whole SRAC (Sidean Republic Air Command) wing of 6 SRI-P-01 Starhunters running all five panthers at max, flashing past your pathetic drones at 1000 m/s and yet shredding them with up to six missiles , 4 20mm turrets and 12 .50 cals? c:<

turrets beacuse while manuverable they can't seem to turn fast enough to put fixed guns on target easily without running out of ammo (the .50 cals have enough ammo that it wont matter to them) They are tiny, almost no dorsal profile and quite stealthy radar-wise

only issues are lack of range and bad countermeasures vs missiles except speed

pics soon! :D

5 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

looks like i missed a ton while my wifi was down

are 1.3 ships compatible with it?

ahhhh

how would you think about a whole SRAC (Sidean Republic Air Command) wing of 6 SRI-P-01 Starhunters running all five panthers at max, flashing past your pathetic drones at 1000 m/s and yet shredding them with up to six missiles , 4 20mm turrets and 12 .50 cals? c:<

turrets beacuse while manuverable they can't seem to turn fast enough to put fixed guns on target easily without running out of ammo (the .50 cals have enough ammo that it wont matter to them) They are tiny, almost no dorsal profile and quite stealthy radar-wise

only issues are lack of range and bad countermeasures vs missiles except speed

pics soon! :D

I would....send Lancers...... :D

5 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

and tanks? you mean gas tanks?

Yeah, fuel tanks. 2.5 m ones :)

11 hours ago, Earthlinger said:

I would....send Lancers...... :D

Yeah, fuel tanks. 2.5 m ones :)

Lancers? BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH THATS FUNNY

not sure how you would deal with the insane BnZ that the Starhunters can do

a tail turret would probbaly be the bane of all missiles considering a 1km/s speed

@Earthlinger, @MiffedStarfish

i might do a cinematic series with these. Though if I do no I'll just remove every single laser I can find, they are too OP against aircraft, especially mine where speed is the only countermeasure

1 hour ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

i might do a cinematic series with these. Though if I do no I'll just remove every single laser I can find, they are too OP against aircraft, especially mine where speed is the only countermeasure

I’d only want to do it with no turrets on aircraft, they’re very powerful and unrealistic for 1 man fighters. Also, would lasers be fine if they only targeted missiles?

15 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

also, are we updating to 1.4 or staying at 1.3?

1.3, for now.

1 hour ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

We can also make cinematic movies out of the battles we fight in the RP and post them here.

6 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I’d only want to do it with no turrets on aircraft, they’re very powerful and unrealistic for 1 man fighters

Cough Cough, original Berzerkers....

22 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I’d only want to do it with no turrets on aircraft, they’re very powerful and unrealistic for 1 man fighters. Also, would lasers be fine if they only targeted missiles?

uhhh... stil OP pd when it comes to lasers, maybe but limit it to one

and the turrets should be fine on the starhunter at least, they do not have full traverse and they need them to get shots in

just noticed all of my craft cant be accesed from google, ill a. make them avalible or b. make a dropbox account

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.