5 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

Hellfire are not particularly great for naval combat, I suggest KV-1 missiles

I wouldn't want to turn it up really bc then things like my massive cruisers and destroyers become OP. You've got to think the HMS "Oberion" has 12 cannons all clocking in at 200-590mm naval guns firing HEATFS shells. 

Alright then. Im using the Hellfires for the range and the amount you can stuff into a small space.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:58 AM, Sidestrafe2462 said:

On second thought, has anyone think about what we are going to set the dmg multiplier to? While I'm fine with leaving it at 100, that makes battles kinda slow.

I honestly like battles being slowish. It make them slightly more realistic in terms of how long ships last, and it makes them actually feel like the floating fortresses they are in real life. However, if you guys find that you like other settings, then by all means run some tests and we can use something other than the default, depending on what everyone thinks feels best.

5 hours ago, KenjiKrafts said:

I wouldn't want to turn it up really bc then things like my massive cruisers and destroyers become OP. You've got to think the HMS "Oberion" has 12 cannons all clocking in at 200-590mm naval guns firing HEATFS shells. 

Yeah at one point, turning up the stats is just going to invalidate the usefulness of efficient armor design. Plus we get less explosions :D

1 minute ago, Earthlinger said:

I honestly like battles being slowish. It make them slightly more realistic in terms of how long ships last, and it makes them actually feel like the floating fortresses they are in real life. However, if you guys find that you like other settings, then by all means run some tests and we can use something other than the default, depending on what everyone thinks feels best.

Yeah at one point, turning up the stats is just going to invalidate the usefulness of efficient armor design. Plus we get less explosions :D

Alright then, Ill stick with 100 for now.

(unrelated to OP) Here we go! The AX-2-L Mech, equipped with a .50 cal mg (for looks) and a howitzer in a nice bullpup rifle. (recommend increasing your damage multiplier if you want to actually hurt something.) It comes kneeling and can be posed. Rockets at the back are purely decorational. Remember that this is a prototype!

https://imgur.com/a/kUuE2s8 Pics also come with some shots of a incredible fireworks show.

https://kerbalx.com/Sidestrafe2462/Mech-AX-2 Download! if someone can tell me which making history parts are involved i will take them out so everyone can mess with it.

1 hour ago, KeranoKerman said:

After realizing that my old corvette did not float. Finally after designing a new one loaded with more missiles- I would call it a missile frigate. I am going to call these Occiere-class ships

Okay! Put up a download and I can face them off against my anti-missile destroyers.

@Everyone

*Forgets this isn't discord*

Sigh. Anyways:

I updated the OP, though I'll be tweaking it over the weeks.

One of the sections I added is a list (contained within a spoiler) of notable ships featured in the thread. The plan is to include an image or two of each, a brief description as written by the creator, and some statistics. It would be a sort of showcase/gallery of all the the craft produced by the thread, possibly with download links included.

However, I'm lazy and usually tight on time, so I'm not going to trawl the thread for every vessel. Rather, whoever wants to have their craft featured on the OP should PM me the screenshots they want to include, and the description. Plus the stats, if they want.

Is that fine with everyone?

Yes? Okay.

The Titan class and the Sanctuary class should be added, I think that they each represent a best in terms of A. armor and B. size. Same goes for Eidahil's death barge, that is just a beautiful work of gun stuffing. And lastly, your AA corvette, for being the testing standard of so many ships c:

1 hour ago, Earthlinger said:

I'm imaging this on a tweakscaled aircraft carrier....

apologize to the mk3stack gods!

1 hour ago, KeranoKerman said:

How do you GPS lock targets at high ranges? The FLIR ball doesn’t seem to work.

I'm not very familiar with the technicalities surrounding missiles, but the BDA should theoretically use it automatically. If the problem is according to range, then the limitation might be due to the missile's max range (either the default max or the max as specified in the weapon manager, which you can change).

10 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Lets see if it gets countered by the SRNC's doctrine of MORE EVERYTHING (mostly armor)

14 hours ago, HeroBrian_333 said:

My philosophy will be "Guns Galore, who cares if I need mammoth rockets to keep it from sinking?"

I'm starting to wonder just how effective my swarm ships are going to be in the face of the new armor mechanics lol. I may come up with something lightly shielded (say, 150-200 parts....oof)

9 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Thread followed. 

:)

Hrmm, I appear to have found a way to turn off spashdown effects! Simply go to settings. CFG and turn Surface Effects (something like that) to false..

30 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

I'm starting to wonder just how effective my swarm ships are going to be in the face of the new armor mechanics lol. I may come up with something lightly shielded (say, 150-200 parts....oof)

:)

30 mill. cannons seen super effective so far :P

oh, and if you go into the settings in the startup screen and set anti aliasing off, render quality to fastest, you get like 15 extra fps. it's set to fantastic on default

On 12/18/2018 at 10:28 AM, KenjiKrafts said:

Can I shoot it with a new prototype ship? @Sidestrafe2462
Can we also get some pictures @keranokerman

Yes. Yes you may.

Edited by Sidestrafe2462

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.