The-Doctor

Galileo's Colonials

A6os668.png

Gael has long been the home of Gaelans, but for too long they've forgotten to explore, they've forgotten that they're still explorers. Stagnation has enveloped Gael, stagnation that they can no longer afford. The nations of Gael united to create The New Colonial Alliance, with the aim of colonizing their solar system, innovating their society, and advancing Gaelan civilizations.

-Odd Beginnings

With the blessing of the nations of Gael, the Gaelan Space Agency was created, and The Tick was launched. The first rocket ever created. The first Tick built did a small hop of a few meters, gathering scientific data that enabled the agency to accomplish the next goal set by their superiors, to reach suborbit. Once those goals were accomplished, the politicians were willing to continue to fund the agency, if only to please their populations.

HUOlTwv.png

Valiant I was built off the sweat and innovation that came from the success of The Tick. With this technology, Gaelans were able to launch their first satellite, a scientific satellite, giving them the first scans of their planetary surface. The Valiant I was built by SCAN, the Scientific Committee on Advanced Navigation, a specialized group  within the G.S.A tasked by the N.C.A to give satellites purpose.

JgEQ4Wb.png

ylgGaHe.png

Edited by The-Doctor

Glad to see you're back in business.  I was just getting into your last thread (which began in my long absence) when it got locked.  

Very sorry you go so mistreated by hurricanes and hope things get back to normal as fast as possible.  I live on the Gulf Coast myself so know something about hurricanes, although never (yet) 2 Cat 5s back-to-back.  Geez.  I got hit 3 times this year (Cindy, Harvey, and Nate) but none of them amounted to anything in my neighborhood, due to them either being weak to start with or having ingested dry air so a relatively calm part passed over me while bad things happened to east and west.  Did spend some time helping less fortunate areas, though.

Retrofitted Exploration

h2dUyVo.png

The Texas becomes the first ship to flyby Iota and Ceti then entire orbit around the star, a mission is also sent to flyby Thalia. The authorities are pleased at the rapidly advancing space program and reward the G.S.S with a massive funding boost. The current missions utilize similar design.

iwijFDq.png

The Valiant I was destroyed n an impact mission into Iota for a contract, because the G.S.S realized, they don't really need to have the Scansat corporation as a contractor, despite the contractor providing excellent service.

Edited by The-Doctor

On 10/22/2017 at 2:01 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Shingles??? Oh jeez and ages. I hope the ride doesn't get too rough for you. :( Get well soon.

ages? I'm 18 lol. I'm shocked that was posted, I didn't hit submit, oh well, yh thanks all for wishing me well, it's very rough right now but I'm getting there

4 hours ago, cratercracker said:

@The-Doctor

----------------------

"This is as far as this game goe"

------------------

PAfIBu.png

PAfIBu.png

100-70-50

---------------------------

A flag/Patch

Your welcome.

Love it, thank you 

The good news is I'm practically cured and will be back to gaming. The bad news is my hands are peeling but I will be playing again and I've got a ton of missions to do for contracts and science

Iota landing is rough, but not as rough as doing it only to see the contract requires the launching of a new satellite. That's what G.S.S scientists discovered when the Washington probe touched down on their moon. Not only did it lack scientific instruments, since those were discarded in the failed return stage, but they barely landed it due to the weaker than expected engines and less than ideal fuel. The Washington however, did return valuable science back from Iota orbit.

v9u82Ll.png

Learning from the lessons of the Washington, the G.S.S launched the new California probe, to Ceti. This probe would do multiple contracts in one go, it would place a relay in orbit, land and transmit science. Landing without autopilot however, is easier said than done, and the California landed.... unconventionally, but the science it gathered enabled the administration to fund the G.S.S and to approve the development of crewed exploration. Revolutionizing Gaelan space travel.The New Colonial Alliance was eager to begin pushing out, maybe...too eager.

5O19yWd.png

n7r54kH.png

uCLd0Ik.png

In Amber Clad

Gaelan scientists, eager to gain additional funding from the administration, prepared what would be known as a legendary first launch. A spacecraft, capable of hauling one crew high into the atmosphere, faster than sound, was assembled. This spacecraft, would be given, a legendary name, a name blessed by the God's Manley and Scott themselves. This spacecraft, was christened, the Untitled Spacecraft, and riding on board, was the bravest Gaelan to ever hatch, a Gaelan named after the creator of this world, a Gaelan, by the name of Galileo. On a pillar of fire and a bed of smoke, Galileo rose high into the sky, until he broke the sound barrier, and the God of the wind, FAR, broke his stabilizer fins, and his spacecraft span wildly, until it's fuel emptied and he could safely deploy the chutes. He was lucky to be alive and praised the God's of Squad for sparing his life. The Gaelan scientists had obeyed the ancient scrolls and had checked their staging, but had not assembled the spacecraft properly, and decided that next time, it will be more complex......

ijdNJ99.png

B0Eukeu.png

oZEFN5o.png

• 2 weeks later...

MockingJay

A dispute between the USI corporation, Jimbodiah Patchwork Labs and the SSTU corporation caused USI to emand that SSTU and Jimbodiah labs be removed or else they would no longer provide life support. Desperately, the space agency agreed to their terms. This caused significant delays in future missions by possibly 2 to 3 weeks. Unsatisfied by this, the administration continued work on their secret space program.

"Galileo, why do you pray to such gods? You know they don't exist right?" said Poody as she steered the spaceplane through the atmosphere. She was Galileo's teacher. He sat in his seat laid back, thinking. "Do you know how many God's of forgiveness there are Poody?"

"No, and I'll never understand you, if there are any God's, they are likely just aliens, more advanced beings. It was discovered in the source code of the universe that it may be artificial, we may be a simulation, your God's are just beings, ask yourself, what are they made of? We already know there are parallel worlds, we were brought into one through that stargate the administration made, we're in one nicknamed default. Yet our memories are wiped once we get back, somehow. Sorry excuse the rambling. Argh! We're picking up some wind." 

Galileo looked at her. "Source code of the universe?"

"Yes, the background radiation, to me it's like code, you know all computers have a source code, even MechJeb, the universe is like that."

"Well as I was saying, there are twelve God's of Forgiveness, daughters and one son of the God of escape. F1 is a weeper, she will save a picture of you to forgive you, F2 makes your controls disappear and is a trickster. I'm not sure what F3,4,6,7,8,10 or 11 do, I tend to forget with such a large family, but F5 and F9 are bined, they need each other yet opposite, F9 is the only son of the God of escapism. F5 saves you but it takes F9 to bring you back, by resetting the universe. That's why I am praying, and it's been answered, if I didn't, we would have died on the 4 days it took us to perfect this space plane."

Poody smiled and replied, "Well there is proof of that in the source code, but again, not any God, they aren't real. Quickly, what was is that you called was proof we were reset?"

"It's called Deja Vu."

Loud creeking

"GRAB THE CONTROLS GALILEO!!!" Poody screamed. "We're in a flat spin!"

Poody smiled and replied, "Well, there is proof..... wait a minute, I'm experiencing.... grab the controls now Galileo, I feel I've felt this before.

"Deja Vu?" he remarked.

"Shut up Galileo...."

CeJH81i.png

caIRR6R.png

9UlRmjX.png

0lOscyY.png

vMKmfV0.png

Yp7x111.png

lkJecge.png

maZ0dWz.png

Administration Report: Marked - Top Secret Level -0 : For Senior Officials above the President ONLY = . The MockingJay is the first multipurpose, amphibious, SSTO VTOL. Built by the greatest engineers in history, able to get you to and from orbit . Warranty void if atmospheric entry is too steep or auto-landing is attempted. There are 5 models. 

Be advised, a rogue engineer sold the blueprints on the black market dark net known as KerbalX.

https://kerbalx.com/The-Doctor/MockingJay

~Message Ends.

Important: Due to realizing how big and long MKS is and how GPP is resource intensive, I have changed the goals of G.C. A small outpost will be built on Ciro, probes will be launched to all planets and moons and land where possible, as well as crewed missions to orbit all planets and moons an land were possible. This will be considered victory. Once done I will attempt to gain all the XP I need in MKS over in the stock system, will I make a mission report on this? I hope so but it depends. This mission report IS NOT done, not even close, the schedule of posts will not be once a week tho, only if possible.

Edited by The-Doctor

• 2 weeks later...

That while has now stretched to permanent.  I moved and lack wifi and doing posts required visiting not too friendly family. I've gotta discontinue this sadly. Plus not doing full colonization kinda put me off. I will one day create a new mission report but it will be stock and likely will only be after I got an kk she solar colony. Much thanks to everyone that supported me and I'll see you guys on the next, one, which hopefully will fully accomplish its goals. ~Discovery

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.