Possible to get mods for old versions of KSP?

Draconiator

3 hours ago, Draconiator said:

I've decided to stick with 1.2.2, because it's too much of a butt to update all my mods, even with CKAN, and so, I'm looking for legacy mods now.  heh

Hi if you go to a mod on SpaceDock  and click on the changelog button you will find  that if the mod  had previous versions, that they will be listed and available for download there  as below

2ZoFmG3.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

9 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Older versions can also be accessed through Github.

What makes this difficult is if the mod changed authors.

Hi, this too can be worked around, if you go to the repo concerned.  You will see up in the top left corner something like this  KvFQWfW.png

Obviously this = who owns repo/ and the code found here.   The next line forked from is the original home of this code,  It shows the original author and the source name..  In the case of older adopted mods, there's a better than average chance that any older versions  ie pre adoption versions (if they existed at all) can be found be following the forked from trail.    There is another layer of digging and that involves checking where the forks lead and which is the one you want, certain mods have dozens of forks, and the master is not always the one that ends up released.

Just be aware if your mod had bugs in that version it is unlikely to ever be fixed in that version.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:44 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, this too can be worked around, if you go to the repo concerned.  You will see up in the top left corner something like this  KvFQWfW.png

Obviously this = who owns repo/ and the code found here.   The next line forked from is the original home of this code,  It shows the original author and the source name..  In the case of older adopted mods, there's a better than average chance that any older versions  ie pre adoption versions (if they existed at all) can be found be following the forked from trail.    There is another layer of digging and that involves checking where the forks lead and which is the one you want, certain mods have dozens of forks, and the master is not always the one that ends up released.

Assuming the new author uses Github.  A lot of people don't know how to use Git (though I strongly recommend reading the book) so they just abandon it entirely.

I used to search through Curse. I would go to a mod, and go to the 'Downloads' tab. From there it lists all versions of the mod, and what version of the game it worked with. That's how I got Interstellar, BDArmory and others for 1.0.0.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.