Texture bugs

basically, im getting texture bugs- when im at the KSC, the ground around the buildings is all black, and the kerbals when on EVA have black suit textures, except the interior of the suit and their face/head. when in orbit the ground appears blue.  heavily modded, but im using the 64 bit executable and i got 32 gigs of physical ram. 

ksp.log : https://gist.github.com/33027e8e2776dbf6a29c7b01ee151bbb

most recent crash report  (probably not relevant, but maybe) https://gist.github.com/dc1c4bf9d1045d04a1a72e0ddff6eb68

edit: now im having issues with KSP crashing after loading , before main menue. ill make a new thread about it but this isnt really a problem if i cant even start ksp :( 

Edited by 123nick

Hi . I've had a look at your immense log.  From the mod list  its seems you are running a mixed bag of mods that are for various KSP versions from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 . Module manager is throwing some strange errors that I've not seen before, and leads me in the direction of thinking that perhaps you have multiples of the patches installed. B9 as always is spewing errors. 

There does seem to be a lot of mods with missing textures, too many really, and i'm not seeing a cause.

Though with so many patches a lot of them not playing nice, so many old parts mods that spam little errors, and the combo of mixed version mods, i think you need to set up a new game and rebuild bit by bit.  

The other option is to get binary on the gamedata file, and remove half the mods, see if it behaves if does, add half the half you removed back in.  If it doesn't  remove half the remaining mods.. IN short tedious and no fun

6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi . I've had a look at your immense log.  From the mod list  its seems you are running a mixed bag of mods that are for various KSP versions from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 . Module manager is throwing some strange errors that I've not seen before, and leads me in the direction of thinking that perhaps you have multiples of the patches installed. B9 as always is spewing errors. 

There does seem to be a lot of mods with missing textures, too many really, and i'm not seeing a cause.

Though with so many patches a lot of them not playing nice, so many old parts mods that spam little errors, and the combo of mixed version mods, i think you need to set up a new game and rebuild bit by bit.  

The other option is to get binary on the gamedata file, and remove half the mods, see if it behaves if does, add half the half you removed back in.  If it doesn't  remove half the remaining mods.. IN short tedious and no fun

thats odd, i was fairly certain all the mods are for 1.3 at minimum, none for 1.2, and if they were i may have gotten an updated version of it.  i only have the B9 procedural wings, nothing else from B9. idk what would change my texturs

what do you mean, multiple patches? do you know where the logs say they are? which ones in specific?

16 minutes ago, 123nick said:

thats odd, i was fairly certain all the mods are for 1.3 at minimum, none for 1.2, and if they were i may have gotten an updated version of it.  i only have the B9 procedural wings, nothing else from B9. idk what would change my texturs

what do you mean, multiple patches? do you know where the logs say they are? which ones in specific?

Hi if i had a zip of the log it'd be easy to show examples, but it's not, and i really don't want to go through it again. That said, there's something you can do,  has no ill effects on your game, and gives us new clean info to work with.

Goto GameData and find and delete the 4 (four) module manager cache files, module manager stores info about all game parts here, and despite it's awesomeness, occasionally especially if not cleared between updates things can get a little confused,  so delete the 4 cache  files NOT the MM dll  and retry the game.

Below image showing MM dll (which you do not remove) and the 4 files that need removing.

UlPxrjh.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi if i had a zip of the log it'd be easy to show examples, but it's not, and i really dont want to go through it again. That said, there's something you can do,  has no ill effects on your game, and gives us new clean info to work with.

Goto GameData and find and delete the 4 (four) module manager cache files, module manager stires infor about all game parts here, and despite it's awesomeness, occasionally especially if not cleared between updates things can get a little confused,  so delete the 4 cache  files NOT the MM dll  and retry the game.

Below image showing MM dll (which you do not remove) and the 4 files that need removing.

UlPxrjh.png

which log do you mean exactly? i got ksp.log and one of the crash logs posted. ill post a newer crash log from when i more recently tried:

https://gist.github.com/2b5ebfeb7e9bb5f94ee0500ed14ff44b error.log

https://gist.github.com/2263be0187c406ee3471c4ce0dbd4ba2 output_log.log 

ill try deleting those caches and see what it does. 

11 hours ago, 123nick said:

fixed it :D turned out i had force open GL on in steam launch options. funny how those stick even after uninstalling and re installing :P

getting the same problem but i'm launching the non steam version through steam via the "add non-steam game" option. thus i get the steam overlay in game without it officially being a "steam game" i'll look and see if open GL is enabled in the options when i get home.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.