[1.9+] Signal Delay 0.2.13 (2020-08-21) - signal delay & background antenna EC consumption

garwel

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@garwel how is the Kerbalism compatibility, because it got it's own telemetry EC usage built in?

And how about CommnetConstellations, AntennaHelper?

I haven't tested these mods. EC usage can be disabled in the settings and I don't see why it shouldn't be compatible with the other two mods. But better give it a try and share with us how it works (backup your save first!).

It is compatible with the new Toolbar (as supported by linuxgurugamer), which is just a continuation of Blizzy's Toolbar. I don't want to switch over to Toolbar Controller though. I don't think that value added by that mod is worth the effort. You can still control whether to show the button in the stock AppLauncher, the mod toolbar, both or none.

@garwel I just recognized last session that with an unmanned vessel that got a controllable SAS unit and with a Commnet connection established, only the keybinds for SAS (T) and RCS (R) are working, but the buttons at the navball are kinda opaque and do nothing when clicked.

Last session's log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7zs6nqfo7cpu36/2018-06-23_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Crosspost:

Edited by Gordon Dry

8 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

@garwel I just recognized last session that with an unmanned vessel that got a controllable SAS unit and with a Commnet connection established, only the keybinds for SAS (T) and RCS (R) are working, but the buttons at the navball are kinda opaque and do nothing when clicked.

Last session's log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7zs6nqfo7cpu36/2018-06-23_1 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

Crosspost:

It is WAD. Since I can only catch key presses, controlling SAS, RCS etc. with a mouse has been disabled.

Yeah, it's a known issue. I haven't figured out how to enable this while disabling some undesirable ship controls. I'll try to fix that, but it is this kind of situation when you can temporarily disable the mod by clicking the button, do what you needed to do and re-enable it.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:04 PM, garwel said:

It is compatible with the new Toolbar (as supported by linuxgurugamer), which is just a continuation of Blizzy's Toolbar. I don't want to switch over to Toolbar Controller though. I don't think that value added by that mod is worth the effort. You can still control whether to show the button in the stock AppLauncher, the mod toolbar, both or none.

Value added is simplification of your code.  Once implemented, unless you are doing strange things with the blizzy toolbar, you only have to set it up one time, you can remove all the code for both the blizy toolbar and stock toolbar, and remove the option in your settings about which toolbar to use.

I took a quick look at the source.  If you’d like, I could make the changes for the ToolbarController and make a PR for you. Let me know.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion, I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but some sort of telerobotic simulation, where the signal delay is eliminated by having the signal go to a Kerballed vessel nearby, would that be possible in a future version?

2 hours ago, dlrk said:

I have a suggestion, I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but some sort of telerobotic simulation, where the signal delay is eliminated by having the signal go to a Kerballed vessel nearby, would that be possible in a future version?

In theory, this should already be the case. Stock KSP supports so-called probe control points that are present in some parts (e.g. Mk1-3 Pod). If it is active, signal delay should be calculated from such closest point. I haven't tested it though.

4 minutes ago, Burning Kan said:

@garwel Could you please make the antenna EC usage a seperate mod(or optional)

and maybe some info would be cool that the signal is underway something like "stage confirmed"

Simply disable EC usage in the Settings if you don't want it.

Don't understand what you mean by "signal is underway".

sorry meant it oposite want the EC signal usage but the delay is little bit hard to handle for me without mouse support(rcs/sas)

6 minutes ago, garwel said:

Don't understand what you mean by "signal is underway".

when i stage, often dont know if a signal is beeing sended, so just a gui info that tell me signal is "underway" (on road) or so

sry my engl

Edited by Burning Kan

3 minutes ago, Burning Kan said:

sorry meant it oposite want the signal usage but the delay is little bit hard to handle for me without mouse support(rcs/sas)

Then uncheck "Delay Enabled" option in the Settings or toggle it with the mod's button (in the sidebar or the toolbar).

3 minutes ago, Burning Kan said:

when i stage, often dont know if a signal is beeing sended, so just a gui info that tell me signal is "underway" (on road) or so

sry my engl

I'll think about it. Technically, it shouldn't be hard, but there may be 100s of commands in the queue for a probe + I wanted to keep UI minimal. Maybe I'll add some symbol showing that there are some commands to execute.

46 minutes ago, garwel said:

I wanted to keep UI minimal. Maybe I'll add some symbol showing that there are some commands to execute

thats sounds great (exactly what i meant),as your mod:)

46 minutes ago, garwel said:

Then uncheck "Delay Enabled" option in the Settings or toggle it with the mod's button (in the sidebar or the toolbar).

thanks

Edited by Burning Kan

• 4 weeks later...

Just so you know, I'm currently testing some new little features of the mod and it's delayed the new release. I don't know if the old version works with KSP 1.5, but if anyone needs a quick recompile, I guess I can make it.

Updated: The mod seems to be working alright in KSP 1.5.1.

Edited by garwel

5 minutes ago, garwel said:

Just so you know, I'm currently testing some new little features of the mod and it's delayed the new release. I don't know if the old version works with KSP 1.5, but if anyone needs a quick recompile, I guess I can make it.

New features in next release please.  So many waiting for other mods that another week or so wouldn't matter.

IMHO of course.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Danilo Coelho said:

Loving this mod so far! Is there any way of control probes using the signal from a manned vessel with a remote control probe instead of Mission control signal?

According to this, already there

It is calculated from the nearest point of control per CommNet rules (i.e. taking into account relays, control sources, etc.). The speed of light can be adjusted in the settings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.