[1.9+] Signal Delay 0.2.13 (2020-08-21) - signal delay & background antenna EC consumption

garwel

On 3/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, garwel said:

Thanks for reporting it. Unfortunately, I don't have a joystick and can't really test it. In theory I'd think it should work (except RCS translation, which I never managed to implement), but probably KSP processes joystick input differently from keyboard.

Same here, the joystick imput is also disabled.

1 hour ago, woodywood245 said:

I'm on KSP 1.4.3. I removed the mod after discovering that it was the source of problems in both manned and unmanned craft:

• Jittery keyboard controls (pitch, yaw, roll)
  • No joystick input
  • Docking Mode button disabled
  • No linear RCS control

These are known issues, but are you sure you also encountered them on manned and piloted (i.e. commanded by a kerbal as opposed to just kerbals sittting in a Hitchhiker) ship? Mod disables its control-related features on these.

Also, you can simply click the mod's toolbar button to disable it temporarily if you need to use RCS translation or something and then re-enable it with one click again.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So just some clarification: If I have a relay around Kerbin, and I go to Duna, the delay will be a significant amount,

But if I have a relay around Kerbin and Duna, the delay will decrease as I approach either one? Do I need a Kerbal operating the Duna relay? Or is it simply the time it takes for data to travel through a given relay.

Essentially what I'm asking here is what is the best way, if even possible to lower delay?

Update: I see this line here - 

>"It is calculated from the nearest point of control per CommNet rules (i.e. taking into account relays, control sources, etc.). The speed of light can be adjusted in the settings."

I'll look up how to establish a "point of control".

Edited by EliteMaster512

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I've done some testing, and it appears that even if a Probe Control Point is available, that the probe prefers to connect to the KSC relay network I have set up. This results in a higher signal delay, that could easily be avoided if the probe simply connected to the probe control point.

Is there a setting I'm missing to force its connection to a nearby probe control point?

14 hours ago, EliteMaster512 said:

Ok so I've done some testing, and it appears that even if a Probe Control Point is available, that the probe prefers to connect to the KSC relay network I have set up. This results in a higher signal delay, that could easily be avoided if the probe simply connected to the probe control point.

Is there a setting I'm missing to force its connection to a nearby probe control point?

Thanks for testing. The mod simply uses KSP-provided connection data, so it is probably the way the game works. I'll see if anything can be done about it.

On 2/23/2019 at 2:23 AM, garwel said:

Thanks for testing. The mod simply uses KSP-provided connection data, so it is probably the way the game works. I'll see if anything can be done about it.

So another quick update, if you download the CommNet Constellation mod

You can manually select which relay/antenna you want to connect to which.

Meaning, that I can have all of my probes around Eve connected to one another, without any of them sending a signal back to Kerbin.

This fixes my issue entirely!

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a looong time since I published the previous release, so here you go.

Signal Delay 0.2.8

• Compiled for KSP 1.6.1 (should be backwards-compatible down to 1.5.1)
  • Added: Mod button will be hidden (in AppLauncher) or disabled (in Toolbar mod) if the vessel is not probe or there's no connection
  • Added: Compatibility patches for CommNetAntennasExtension and ReStock+
  • Optimized performance

Download here

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, AndresHdz said:

Is this compatible with kerbalism? @garwel

I've never checked. You can try it out and share your experience. But I don't see why it shouldn't be compatible, unless they try to do the same thing, in particular intercept user control.

• 1 month later...

It works fine with Kerbalism. As I'm trying to replace RemoteTech (buggy with Kerbalism), I'm testing SignalDelay. I've noted nothing new compared to what was already discuss on this thread (kOS and mouse action runs with no delay, no RCS on probe).

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Craze said:

The mod drives MJ autopilots crazy . Blocks the selection of elements on a neighboring ship to dock them. The idea is very good, but a lot of problems .

You can temporarily disable the mod in the settings or by clicking its button if it's causing issues.

15 hours ago, Tonas1997 said:

Is this compatible with RealAntennas?

I haven't tested them together. You can try and see. If things go wrong, you can always disable Signal Delay; it shouldn't affect operation of Real Antennas.

• 1 month later...

@garwel

There some issue with the handler for DynamicBatteryStorage causing it to throw NREs and not report consumption to DBS. Is this correct for the field handler in the DBS cfg: ?

HANDLER_CONFIG
    {
      // Field to poll in editor
      editorFieldName = ecCRate
      // Field to poll in flight
      flightFieldName = actualECRate
      // Multiply the output by these if you need to. Convention is that a consumer is negative.
      editorValueScalar = -1.0
      flightValueScalar = -1.0
    }

On 4/24/2020 at 4:25 AM, dlrk said:

@garwel

There some issue with the handler for DynamicBatteryStorage causing it to throw NREs and not report consumption to DBS. Is this correct for the field handler in the DBS cfg: ?

HANDLER_CONFIG
    {
      // Field to poll in editor
      editorFieldName = ecCRate
      // Field to poll in flight
      flightFieldName = actualECRate
      // Multiply the output by these if you need to. Convention is that a consumer is negative.
      editorValueScalar = -1.0
      flightValueScalar = -1.0
    }

It should be ecRate, not ecCRate. My bad.

On 4/30/2020 at 11:22 AM, EvWoN said:

It appears that this mod does not work in KSP 1.9 OR/AND  with CommNet Constellation.

My post on CNC reporting the issue.

I've never played with CommNet Constellation, to be honest, so I have no idea how they worked together in the past. If CNC does something serious to CommNet, it is quite possible that Signal Delay breaks. I'll look into it, when I have time. Thanks for letting me know.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.