[1.6.X] [WIP] (Electron and New Glenn) SuperPenguin160's Launch Vehicles

Superpenguin160

On 12/30/2017 at 10:12 PM, Superpenguin160 said:

@Tukan_ ^^ ...

Btw: you can always make them yourself if you really want them.

I tried... I've been trying for a week or more, and eventiually I gave up, cause I just can't do this, It's too complicated, nothing works, and yet there are no tutorial, cause everything RO is done by NathanKell only, at least that's what I found.

3 hours ago, Tukan_ said:

I tried... I've been trying for a week or more, and eventiually I gave up, cause I just can't do this, It's too complicated, nothing works, and yet there are no tutorial, cause everything RO is done by NathanKell only, at least that's what I found.

What are you having problems with ?

On 1/10/2018 at 1:08 AM, Mecripp said:

What are you having problems with ?

I couldn't make fuel tanks work right with real fuels, I just don't understand at first sight what are all those values for, and there are so many config files in all RO mods and I don't even have enough information about New Glenn, as it's still in developement

LIke, when I basically copied the config from other mod and changed the right things, The volume of tank didn't match what I typed in config, even tho it seemed ok, and engines are getting 10x thrust for some reason

Edited by Tukan_

5 hours ago, Mecripp said:

I think you miss read the wiki Electron is designed to launch a 150 kg (330 lb) payload to a 500 km or we just get a super one :)

So unfortunately the electron in this mod isn't 1.2m in diameter, and some people may want to put a probe on the mun because that's a real payload for the electron. That's why the electron in this mod is made to be able to put a small probe on the mun.

And I don't know why you only want to be able to put the "Not-Rockomax Micronode" into orbit which weighs 150kg.

Edited by Superpenguin160

1 hour ago, Avo4Dayz said:

Love your work @Superpenguin160, I know you have many things in works but was wondering about the following:

- 3 Stage New Glenn addition

- The alternate small fairing for New Glenn (Yes the SSTU fairing with PBR could achieve this also, but still)

Just curious if these were considered and/or thought of?

Nice to hear that you like it.

To jump straight in I did want to make a 3 stage NewGlenn but there weren't that many details about the third stage (which engine mostly). And they stopped developing the fairing I believe because they thought that there was a bigger market for large satellites. So I don't know if I'll make a 2.5m fairing for the NewGlenn, and I'm not  sure about the third stage, maybe with some additional information and time.

Edited by Superpenguin160

12 hours ago, Superpenguin160 said:

Nice to hear that you like it.

To jump straight in I did want to make a 3 stage NewGlenn but there weren't that many details about the third stage (which engine mostly). And they stopped developing the fairing I believe because they thought that there was a bigger market for large satellites. So I don't know if I'll make a 2.5m fairing for the NewGlenn, and I'm not  sure about the third stage, maybe with some additional information and time.

Didn't realise they were considering ditching the smaller fairing. Also to my understanding the plan is for the BE-3U to be used for the optional third stage (if that even ever comes into reality as well). Being the same engine used on the New Shepard but with an extendable nozzle, so perhaps worth considering when the New Shepard is in development for the mod. But given the only the New Shepard and BE4 exists so far the rest is a bit of a guess haha.

Side note your Vulcan is an awesome development to!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, A E S T H E T I C said:

So I'm having a very weird issue whenever i use the New Glenn rocket it flies up fine but when i decouple the first and second stages its fine for a few moments and them it explodes and it just says a lot of parts collided when i didn't see any movement any where one the ship 

Can you be a bit more specific? So which ksp version are you using and what other mods do you use.

• 4 months later...
On 7/21/2018 at 5:24 AM, rib3irojr said:

New Shepard is coming? I love too much your work and I'm just waiting the wonderful New Shepard!! Thanks for yout beautiful and amazing work...

Nice to hear that someone likes it. New Shepherd is currently not planned for the near future because I'm revamping my Vulcan mod to make it more stockalike. I might eventually make it but I'm not sure.

11 hours ago, Superpenguin160 said:

Nice to hear that someone likes it. New Shepherd is currently not planned for the near future because I'm revamping my Vulcan mod to make it more stockalike. I might eventually make it but I'm not sure.

Oh, this is so sad... New Shepard and New Glenn is my favorite rockets, and the unique modder that have the habilities to make these rockets better is you. But i'm happy for you replied me.

Edited by rib3irojr

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Glokusk_Kerman said:

Last time I went to the Blue Origin's website, and I saw on the New Gleen's part a new version. 

I looked yesterday at Blue Origins. There is the same version as in the last years. No changes as far as I can see.

Edited by Cheesecake

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/14/2018 at 8:24 PM, A E S T H E T I C said:

So I'm having a very weird issue whenever i use the New Glenn rocket it flies up fine but when i decouple the first and second stages its fine for a few moments and them it explodes and it just says a lot of parts collided when i didn't see any movement any where one the ship 

I have the same problem, 

Have you a solution ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.