Sign in to follow this  
ZooNamedGames

In search for a new ringtone for my IPhone

My parents have been hounding me for years to finally get a ringtone and the biggest reason I haven't yet is I haven't had a ringtone I've wanted. So today I've decided to outreach to this community and ask if they can help find/create the sound file I'm after. 

I'm specifically after NASA quotes and audio files, because I'm a big NASA fan.

Most of my content can be sourced from a YouTube creator called LunarModule5.

For text messages I've settled on wanting a part of the Apollo audio transcripts that has Mission Controller telling the crew "We've got a message for you". I know I've heard them say that, I just can't recall on which mission.

For phone calls, I'm still debating. I'm thinking maybe the segment just after Apollo 12 gets struck by lightning but I'm uncertain. Maybe others can suggest ideas.

• Like 1

Wonder if a stitched together frankenstein audio file of several rocket launches would do as a ringtone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, qzgy said:

Wonder if a stitched together frankenstein audio file of several rocket launches would do as a ringtone.

I'd have to hear it to know if it would work.

On 2017/10/17 at 2:11 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

My parents have been hounding me for years to finally get a ringtone and the biggest reason I haven't yet is I haven't had a ringtone I've wanted. So today I've decided to outreach to this community and ask if they can help find/create the sound file I'm after. 

Most of my content can be sourced from a YouTube creator called Lunar Module 5.

For text messages I've settled on wanting a part of the Apollo audio transcripts that has Mission Controller telling the crew "We've got a message for you". I know I've heard them say that, I just can't recall on which mission.

For phone calls, I'm still debating. I'm thinking maybe the segment just after Apollo 12 gets struck by lightning but I'm uncertain. Maybe others can suggest ideas.

I have seen it on Youtube . i have installed my phone , but my phone is Android device , from Android to iPhone , i think it is difficult to do without some transfer tools  . 

Edited by Monerge

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Have you considered a clip from Countdown, by Rush? Perhaps at this spot...

Not quite what I’m after.

On 16/10/2017 at 2:11 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Most of my content can be sourced from a YouTube creator called LunarModule5.

You should do one of the pre-launch alarms:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*dramatic tension*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*silence*

• Like 2

Let's be honest, don't use ringers when possible.

This is why I haven't been fed up by any ringtone.

Though if you want something from NASA, I guess the "probe beep" from GSFC could be used.

"Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows"?

• Like 2

https://www.nasa.gov/connect/sounds/index.html

except the iPhone directions won’t work anymore. You need to download the .mp3, add it to iTunes like a song, download it to the phone from there, and use GarageBand to export it as a ringtone. 

Spoiler

There is no sound in vacuum.

The most authentic NASA ringtone is an empty sound file.

• Like 1