[1.7.3] After Kerbin

Gameslinx

19 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

The original value was not 0.7 of wasteland.

check it out

It is above 0, that is all that matters. It controls how foggy/thick the atmosphere is from orbit. Setting it to 0 fades the land completely and so only the ocean is visible.

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

It is above 0, that is all that matters. It controls how foggy/thick the atmosphere is from orbit. Setting it to 0 fades the land completely and so only the ocean is visible.

wait..............

I just found out the problem is still not fixed.

I thought that was fixed because I started up my own test version of KSP.

Set the MapExtinctionMultiplier to 0.7 still won't fix the problem.

This atmo.cfg fixed the problem on my side.

name = Wasteland
		displayInterpolatedVariables = True
		experimentalAtmoScale = 4
		mapExtinctionMultiplier = 0.699999988
		mapExtinctionTint = 1
		mapSkyExtinctionRimFade = 1
		mapGroundExtinctionFade = 0
		_mapExtinctionScatterIntensity = 1
		drawSkyOverClouds = True
		drawOverCloudsAltitude = 100000
		mapExposure = 0.070000000
		mapSkyRimExposure = 0.050000000
		cloudColorMultiplier = 3
		cloudScatteringMultiplier = 0.200000003
		cloudSkyIrradianceMultiplier = 0.0500000007
		volumetricsColorMultiplier = 1
		mapAlphaGlobal = 1
		Rg = 600000
		Rt = 610660.313
		RL = 610754.688
		atmosphereGlobalScale = 1
		EVEIntegration_preserveCloudColors = False
		AVERAGE_GROUND_REFLECTANCE = 0.100000001
		HR = 8
		HM = 4
		BETA_MSca = 0.00400000019,0.00400000019,0.00400000019
		m_betaR = 0.0399999991,0.00999999978,0.00499999989
		m_mieG = 0.850000024
		rimBlend = 20
		rimpower = 600
		specR = 50
		specG = 50
		specB = 50
		shininess = 75

Maybe because of some of my other mods..sigma?

Edited by Iso-Polaris

Had the massage when loading "incompatible MOD Version = Kopernicus" i used Kopernicus from "After Kerbin" data, so what is the problem?

after i play into the game, there are no "new look" for planet, just common texture but with cloud, i think kopernicus does not work to proses "After Kerbin"

Edited by DiscoveryPlanet
want to add more text

2 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

Had the massage when loading "incompatible MOD Version = Kopernicus" i used Kopernicus from "After Kerbin" data, so what is the problem?

after i play into the game, there are no "new look" for planet, just common texture but with cloud, i think kopernicus does not work to proses "After Kerbin"

You are playing on 1.3.1.  In order to be able to run the game on 1.3.1, please follow these instructions:

1. Delete Kopernicus and ModularFlightIntegrator from your AfK install.
  2. Download this: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/download/release-1.3.1-2/Kopernicus-1.3.1-2.zip
  3. Reinstall Kopernicus and MFI using the file you downloaded.

13 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

You are playing on 1.3.1.  In order to be able to run the game on 1.3.1, please follow these instructions:

1. Delete Kopernicus and ModularFlightIntegrator from your AfK install.
  2. Download this: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/download/release-1.3.1-2/Kopernicus-1.3.1-2.zip
  3. Reinstall Kopernicus and MFI using the file you downloaded.

Thanks dude it work now, and LAG so much hahahaha what option do i change to reduce perform from this MOD?
and why our main planet's rotation very slowly ? 

4 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

Thanks dude it work now, and LAG so much hahahaha what option do i change to reduce perform from this MOD?
and why our main planet's rotation very slowly ? 

If you want to get less lag, delete Enrivonmental Visual Enhancements. It means you don't get clouds, but your performance will drastically improve

The main planet rotates slowly because it is tidally locked. One side always faces the sun.

1 minute ago, Gameslinx said:

If you want to get less lag, delete Enrivonmental Visual Enhancements. It means you don't get clouds, but your performance will drastically improve

The main planet rotates slowly because it is tidally locked. One side always faces the sun.

but how about aurora? is it gone too? i like it very much

but what i am really didnt understand is, i have 8 Gb Ram, i7 , Invidia 745M, how could i get this lag with that spec laptop

29 minutes ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

but how about aurora? is it gone too? i like it very much

but what i am really didnt understand is, i have 8 Gb Ram, i7 , Invidia 745M, how could i get this lag with that spec laptop

745M is below average, so it's probably that. Also your processor speed. You have enough RAM.

That's what E.V.E. does. I'm waiting on a better volumetrics system, because E.V.E's is horrendous. You can always delete Clouds.cfg from GameData / After Kerbin / EVE, if you want.

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

745M is below average, so it's probably that. Also your processor speed. You have enough RAM.

That's what E.V.E. does. I'm waiting on a better volumetrics system, because E.V.E's is horrendous. You can always delete Clouds.cfg from GameData / After Kerbin / EVE, if you want.

IT LOOKS FANTASTIC DUDE, after i del my E.V.E  file, my performance increase Thanks a lot Master :D

still miss Aurora ;.;

• 2 weeks later...

@Gameslinx I have a serious issue with After Kerbin. It's not about the mod in general - in fact, it's one of my favorite planet packs - but about one planet: Jool. In AK it's more like a Chthonian Planet, where most of the gaseous composition has bled into space and left behind a rocky world. However, the physical parameters for your Chthonian Jool are impossible and would NOT make a giant rocky planet. Chthonian Jool has a radius of 3,000 km and a gravity of 0.8 gees. When its radius is scaled up to real-life value (30,000 km), it is a whopping 4.708837 Earth Radii. This is too large for a terrestrial planet. A study done by Sara Seager a few years back showed that 99.9% of the time, rocky planets cannot get to about 3.0-3.2 Earth Radii. In addition, your Jool is too low density. In order for an object about 4.71 times the radius of Earth to have a gravity of 0.8 gees, it would have a critically low density of a mere 0.937 g/cm^3. In order for Chthonian Jool to be rocky, it would have to be a type of planet called a Hyper Earth. This is a class I made for rocky or oceanic worlds greater than 50 Earth masses. Only a handful of such planets exist, and none are anywhere near the radius of Chthonian Jool. The largest Hyper Earth is the monstrous world JS 183b, with 3.5 times Earth's radius and 1.67 times the mass of JUPITER. For CJ to be rocky it would have to be even larger. A mass 1,100 times that of Kerbin/Earth would do. This is over twice as massive as JS 183b, and would result in a volcanic hellhole of a planet with nearly 50 gees of gravity. It may have to be even more massive, at nearly 2,000 times the mass of Kerbin/Earth. At that point, the gravity would be around 90 gees - strong enough to kill a Kerbal instantly. 

All overly complicated math aside, this mod is absolutely amazing (and a teensy bit horrifying). I love the use of Scatterer and textures made from a fusion of different nebulae or rock pictures. Hands down one of the best looking planet packs on the forums. 

Edited by ProtoJeb21

59 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

the physical parameters for your Chthonian Jool are impossible and would NOT make a giant rocky planet

Thanks! I will address this in a later update which should bring those figures a bit more realistic (I cannot guarantee 100% realism, but it's worth a good try to make the planet a bit more believable!)

1 hour ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

Hands down one of the best looking planet packs on the forums. 

Very much appreciated 

Awesome Mod! When I first read the "Jool" description, a Jool with troll face came to my mind.:D Jool really did troll the Kerbals for a LONG time! But one question remains why did all other probes fail to land on Jool before the surface was observable?

PS: Where did Gilly go?:0.0:

6 hours ago, Kspeher said:

Awesome Mod! When I first read the "Jool" description, a Jool with troll face came to my mind.:D Jool really did troll the Kerbals for a LONG time! But one question remains why did all other probes fail to land on Jool before the surface was observable?

PS: Where did Gilly go?:0.0:

The probes failed to land because Jool's atmosphere was still way too thick, burning up the probes

Gilly is gone because Eve is burning up - Gilly is smaller and would have valourised a long time ago

Edited by Gameslinx

Where would you suggest we submit grammar / spelling issues within the mod? 

Spoiler

Within the flavor text of the KSPedia of Solitude, "as the raging star raged below."  From a narration standpoint, might be better to either vary the word choice by eliminating one of the verb choices, or to highlight this as an intentional verb choice (possibly by pigpiling onto it with a few more instances of the word "rage."

58 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

Where would you suggest we submit grammar / spelling issues within the mod? 

Hide contents

Within the flavor text of the KSPedia of Solitude, "as the raging star raged below."  From a narration standpoint, might be better to either vary the word choice by eliminating one of the verb choices, or to highlight this as an intentional verb choice (possibly by pigpiling onto it with a few more instances of the word "rage."

Shall correct. It should say burned instead of the second raged.

Found a bug: mission control (the ground station) is at wrong location after I installed this mod. Now the ground station (antenna) is about 90 deg eastwards from the space center (runway and launchpad). This causes problems because its impossible to launch with remotetech atmospheric antenna (ground station is not in line of sight) unless one has low orbit satellite above runway. I could attach a screenshot but I think you get the picture (pun intended).

Secondly: space center seems to *always* experience dawn despite time warp going entire days ahead. This is when "outside flight".

I am using KSP 1.3 (not 1.3.1) and about 80-100 different mods. But no mods that add or modify planets. 

PS: I love the oped sunflares, thank you for the mod. I enjoy it a lot.