[1.7.3] After Kerbin

Gameslinx

3 hours ago, agrock said:

Secondly: space center seems to *always* experience dawn despite time warp going entire days ahead

Intended. The planet is tidally locked to the star - it will ALWAYS be dawn.

I found a delta-v map on Before Kerbin thread. Could you post a map for this mod?

I'll ask my mate to work on one if he has time. I can't do this myself, i don't know how :P

mission control (the ground station) is at wrong location

Shall fix. Will apply a remoteTech patch to move "mission control" for next update. Thanks :)

Edited by Gameslinx

So... an image has come to mind when looking at the planets of this mod which is a little terrifying, but also kinda awesome.  :)  I thought I'd share it here, see if anyone else sees what I see.  (Or maybe if the connection was intentional, given the name.)

When looking at Reaper, especially in the trailer footage when the planet is first shown, I get a very odd Grim Reaper like vibe.  The way the clouds spin along, partly obscuring the surface below, it's almost like looking through a tattered cloak at the bones beneath.

@Gameslinx Congratulations on making some AMAZING planet packs.  :)  I know your first pack, GPO, will have compatibility with KSS.  Any chance BK and AK might as well?  (Yes, I know this means we'd have what amounts to four modded Kerbol systems within KSS, but I, for one, would be perfectly fine with that.  :) )

There is another reason why I complained about ground station misplaced. Now I have problems deorbiting at exactly where the runway is. Unless one puts a flag or waypoint or something, the space center is not marked on the map. Its like landing your shuttle in some Roswell village by just looking out the window. Meaning there is workaround but it is there.

57 minutes ago, agrock said:

There is another reason why I complained about ground station misplaced. Now I have problems deorbiting at exactly where the runway is. Unless one puts a flag or waypoint or something, the space center is not marked on the map. Its like landing your shuttle in some Roswell village by just looking out the window. Meaning there is workaround but it is there.

All mods have this problem, and to be fair I like it.

You must remember where KSC is, as it is never marked on any map on any planet - even on kerbin. It's really easy to find in After Kerbin - it's on the very edge of daylight. If you look facing the sun so that Solitude's night side is facing the camera, KSC is on the right side.

Please be patient, there is an update in the works.

heyy,

first of i all i love the planet pack but i have run into one small issue:in my game the ground station node for remote-tech is located on the opposite side of the planet in relation to the space center any ideas on how to fix this?

edit: sorry i saw the comment at the top of the place 

Edited by light_odin5

2 hours ago, electricpants said:

Aridos-cyclitis :P

Also, none of the planets should be tidally locked to Archangel, as it still has the same mass, its just bigger, so it doesn't pull on the planets any harder than it used to.

Over time, it has slowed the rotation of the inner planets because the mass is "closer" to them than before.

Only Solitude is tidally locked

Things planned for the upcoming update:

1. Update Gameslinx' Planet Overhaul
2. Update Before Kerbin
3. Begin updating After Kerbin (This mod)
_____________________________________________-

1. Correct mass and radius for Reaper to bring it closer to more realistic standards
2. Bug corrections, such as the heating and light intensity of Archangel
3. Attempts at optimizations for Mac/Linux systems and older systems
4. Graphical changes in EVE and Scatterer in preparation for their respective updates

5. You can suggest some changes yourselves if you feel inclined to. I won't be adding more planets, though, but some QOL things that I've overlooked would be nice to hear at some point.

Just a warning, do not use Extrasolar's "EVO" configs in conjunction with After Kerbin, I made that mistake and it caused a horrific memory leak due to Scatterer looking for bodies that don't exist anymore. Been fiddling with it for the last half hour or so to see if I can get them working together.

24 minutes ago, IggyHitokage said:

Just a warning, do not use Extrasolar's "EVO" configs in conjunction with After Kerbin, I made that mistake and it caused a horrific memory leak due to Scatterer looking for bodies that don't exist anymore. Been fiddling with it for the last half hour or so to see if I can get them working together.

Yeah. There's 0 use in adding external visuals (such as AVP) to After Kerbin, since none of the stock planets are in the game anymore. That's why I made my own :P

Just now, Gameslinx said:

Yeah. There's 0 use in adding external visuals (such as AVP) to After Kerbin, since none of the stock planets are in the game anymore. That's why I made my own :P

Well, Extrasolar is its own planet pack, but its scatterer configs include settings for not only its own system, but for the stock system as well. I assume this is due to the light cast from the planet pack's star on the stock system. After some fiddling I've managed to make them both function together, but I think the functionality of using Valentine's light on the After Kerbin system wouldn't work without someone with much more experience editing the config files. Oh well, Archangel is definitely red enough. :D

1 hour ago, IggyHitokage said:

I think the functionality of using Valentine's light on the After Kerbin system wouldn't work without someone with much more experience editing the config files. Oh well, Archangel is definitely red enough

I'm quite sure Scatterer doesn't support multiple light sources shining onto the atmosphere, EG separate stars?

If i'm wrong, please send me a screenshot. I'd love to be able to implement this in one of my other planet packs. Thank you :)

6 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm quite sure Scatterer doesn't support multiple light sources shining onto the atmosphere, EG separate stars?

If i'm wrong, please send me a screenshot. I'd love to be able to implement this in one of my other planet packs. Thank you :)

Ah, that's my inexperience talking then. I saw the configs and just assumed that that was what was going on!

Edit: Rereading over the config, yeah, they're using Sun as the main celestial lightsource, so no, no multiple lightsources. Note to self: don't assume while half awake!

Edited by IggyHitokage

im having an odd bug with this mod where no matter where any unmanned craft i use is, it wont connect to the KSC... is this intended, or a bug, or have i messed something up? i get the same problem with before kerbin too
EDIT: this is in 1.3.0, forgot to mention

Edited by stuChris

6 hours ago, stuChris said:

im having an odd bug with this mod where no matter where any unmanned craft i use is, it wont connect to the KSC... is this intended, or a bug, or have i messed something up? i get the same problem with before kerbin too
EDIT: this is in 1.3.0, forgot to mention

If you're using remote tech (mod) the KSC ground station if on the wrong side of the planet. This will be fixed in a future update

so......why 4 billion years from now? is there like some kerbal back story or did you just update the graphics of all the planets and decide to make it sound cooler by adding the 4billion years from now thing?

it seems like there is some kerbal back story or something involved.

13 minutes ago, Hs.Panda said:

so......why 4 billion years from now? is there like some kerbal back story or did you just update the graphics of all the planets and decide to make it sound cooler by adding the 4billion years from now thing?

He changed the planets to what he thought they would be like in 4 billion years.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:45 AM, Gameslinx said:

Things planned for the upcoming update:

1. Update Gameslinx' Planet Overhaul
2. Update Before Kerbin
3. Begin updating After Kerbin (This mod)
_____________________________________________-

1. Correct mass and radius for Reaper to bring it closer to more realistic standards
2. Bug corrections, such as the heating and light intensity of Archangel
3. Attempts at optimizations for Mac/Linux systems and older systems
4. Graphical changes in EVE and Scatterer in preparation for their respective updates

5. You can suggest some changes yourselves if you feel inclined to. I won't be adding more planets, though, but some QOL things that I've overlooked would be nice to hear at some point.

getting excited update for BEFORE KERBIN :D:D

3 hours ago, Hs.Panda said:

This is not a simple texture change.

All the planets have been designed and recreated (USING NONE OF THE STOCK ASSETS) to look as if they were in the future. However, the textures are much better than stock's horrible ones - at least in my opinion.