[1.7.3] After Kerbin

Gameslinx

7 minutes ago, Athur Dent said:

Hello, i seem to have an problem with the sunflares for archangel: Near all bodys with rings (a.k.a. reaper and wasteland),  the sunflare dissapears and the bare sun is visible.

I have Extrasolar installed and the Valentine system doesn't has this problem, sunflares there are visible even around ringed bodys.

If you need additional information, i can provide logs and/or screenshots

I need screenshots. Are you sure nothing else is blocking the sunflare (like a craft, planet or moon)

I have taken some screenshots from map view showing solitude and reaper, each one near (when the sunflare disappears) and far (when it is visible), and, for comparison, a screenshot near drissen, where this problem doesn't occur (-> no rings):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjxim51uwcvgqha/AADruX4GenZOceP0QtKEvpVia?dl=0

nothing is blocking it, if needed i can provide the same screenshots from a live craft instead of map view

Edited by Athur Dent

7 hours ago, Athur Dent said:

I have taken some screenshots from map view showing solitude and reaper, each one near (when the sunflare disappears) and far (when it is visible), and, for comparison, a screenshot near drissen, where this problem doesn't occur (-> no rings):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjxim51uwcvgqha/AADruX4GenZOceP0QtKEvpVia?dl=0

nothing is blocking it, if needed i can provide the same screenshots from a live craft instead of map view

Interesting. The rings shouldn't be doing that

I'll take a look in my game tonight but I'm quite sure I've not experienced this myself.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lordmaddog said:

I want to use this awesome pack  with a  extra solar expansion mod some thing like https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/kerbal-star-system or some other one so I can make a play through all about leaving the dying systme. How do I go about doing that?

Extrasolar - Planets Beyond Kerbol is compatible with this mod, so you should be able to install that along side it

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Extrasolar - Planets Beyond Kerbol is compatible with this mod, so you should be able to install that along side it

Thanks! 

Are there any in habitual planets in the mod and are there any other compatible mods like it?

16 minutes ago, Lordmaddog said:

Thanks! 

Are there any in habitual planets in the mod and are there any other compatible mods like it?

I'm sure there are some habitable planets. Extrasolar is your best bet, I don't think any other planet mods will (because of the visual mods)

11 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm sure there are some habitable planets. Extrasolar is your best bet, I don't think any other planet mods will (because of the visual mods)

Ya it has fulsh but its almost all water :(  it will work though thanks!

I found a game game breaking bug :)  the land next to the space center's launch pad covers over the starting point of the run way when it is fully upgraded. So, when you launch a plan it stars on the run way then pops on to the raised land and falls down the hill to it hits nose first into the run way :( 

3 hours ago, Lordmaddog said:

I found a game game breaking bug :)  the land next to the space center's launch pad covers over the starting point of the run way when it is fully upgraded. So, when you launch a plan it stars on the run way then pops on to the raised land and falls down the hill to it hits nose first into the run way :( 

Likely your texture quality. Turn it up in the main menu

Hi, Gameslinx!

Do you plan to make this mod compatible with 1.4.2? Among all existing planet packs only this mod has global idea for searching another world for resettlement. It's so nice to start a new career with one global goal:)

Are there any compatible careers packs for this mod? Bases&Stations, SETI, Explorations? How about ResearchBodies?

Is there any flora on the dark side of Solitude? In theory, there should be deserted lands with a dark dead ground. And the temperature curve there must be different, it should be cold.

1 hour ago, rukhafi said:

Hi, Gameslinx!

Do you plan to make this mod compatible with 1.4.2? Among all existing planet packs only this mod has global idea for searching another world for resettlement. It's so nice to start a new career with one global goal:)

Are there any compatible careers packs for this mod? Bases&Stations, SETI, Explorations? How about ResearchBodies?

Is there any flora on the dark side of Solitude? In theory, there should be deserted lands with a dark dead ground. And the temperature curve there must be different, it should be cold.

Yes. This is planned a 1.4.2 update very soon.

I believe the mods you listed should work with After Kerbin, but you have to delete the part of Research Bodies (CBmaps) that blank out planets. That part causes problems with the planets looking shiny.

The back of solitude has no flora at all. It's all frozen and icy. The same goes for the front - less flora, more desert.

22 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Yes. This is planned a 1.4.2 update very soon.

I believe the mods you listed should work with After Kerbin, but you have to delete the part of Research Bodies (CBmaps) that blank out planets. That part causes problems with the planets looking shiny.

The back of solitude has no flora at all. It's all frozen and icy. The same goes for the front - less flora, more desert.

Oh, thank you, I'll be waiting

But I think, what about the terrible hurricanes on the border of the back and the front? I know the wind isn't realized in game but a big hurricane, as you did on Volux, would look authentic, I think. And the eye of the hurricane in the same place as the KSC:) It's just idea, not request:D

7 hours ago, rukhafi said:

Oh, thank you, I'll be waiting

But I think, what about the terrible hurricanes on the border of the back and the front? I know the wind isn't realized in game but a big hurricane, as you did on Volux, would look authentic, I think. And the eye of the hurricane in the same place as the KSC:) It's just idea, not request:D

I would like to allow people to see the beauty of the terrain, not the top of a cloud!