"have 1000 units of monopropellant in your station" - do I need new tanks ?

Hey. I do a "build a new orbital station" contract. I know that all the things must be new. But what about "have 1000 units of monopropellant in your station" ? It doesn't say "have a monopropellant tank in your station" Does it mean i can attach the old one and tank it or attach it tanked ?

Thanks in advance !

Does it mean i cannot use my existing vessel to transport new parts for that station ? I got Vessel orbiting Kerbin. I have to build station on orbit around Duna. I wanted to lunch parts from Kerbin and use orbiting vessel to transport them to Duna. If what You say is the rule than i suppose that would be a problem too...

This is a bit tricky. It should revert when you unlock the transport vessel, but I've heard other players say you can't dock to anything, ever, or it negates the contract.

All I can tell you for sure is that I used to refuel huge space stations and bases at Minmus before heading to whichever planet they were going to, and it never caused a problem. I always completed the contract just fine. So, in theory, you should be able to use a tug-type transport vessel.

It might, but it might nw. You may want to test this.

A quick way to test is to back up your save file, load a few station parts to the launch pad, alt-f12, orbit, rendezvous them with your ship in space. Then dock them, and alt-f12 them to orbit of duna. Construct your station at Duna and see if - after you've removed all "too old" parts - it counts.

I'm pretty sure each part has an age, and the vessel's age is just the age of the oldest part. I could be wrong though.

Another thing is, do the work, be happy that you fulfilled the contract even if the game doesn't agree, and then alt-f12 complete the contract. I've done it many times when the game and I disagree about whether or not I lived up to my side of the bargain. :)

3 minutes ago, Stigy said:

Thanks Guys ! I'll try that.

Have your contract window open when you dock. From what I remember (been a while since I refueled on the way out), the "newly built" light will go off when you dock. Then, when you undock, it will light back up. Meaning your station is once again considered "newly built after accepting the contract". Should work fine.

3 hours ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

No, I wouldn't try that. It'll give your entire station a timestamp from the older part and you won't fulfill the contract.

3 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I'm pretty sure each part has an age, and the vessel's age is just the age of the oldest part. I could be wrong though.

That is my understandment also.

3 hours ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

From what I remember (been a while since I refueled on the way out), the "newly built" light will go off when you dock. Then, when you undock, it will light back up.

From what I knew a vessel could only get older*. Maybe something changed along the way or one of us is remenbering it wrong or it may be act one of the many mods I use and you don't.

My advice is to never dock a old module/vessel to a new station. (be in the safe side)  If you want to use the resources you alreay have in space there is the EVA resource tranfer mod that don't require docking and keep the vessels as separated entities (util even for other applications )

* if that is the case, a odd result for undocking:  child vessels being as old as their parent :confused:

Edited by Spricigo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.