[1.11 - 1.12.x] KDEX Continued [v2.0.2][2021-07-05]

micha

• 5 months later...

Release 2.0.0 is out!  This release breaks compatibility with KSP versions prior to v1.3 due to the addition of localisation. More languages welcome!

It also adds support for KSP1.11's inventory and EVA construction modes - you can now bring a KDex on a maintenance mission and have an Engineer attach it to an existing craft.

Enjoy and please let me know if there are any issues.

• 3 months later...

I think this mod is OP for Kerbalism. All other orbital science (such as DMagic Orbital Science mod) takes days to finish and only gives a few points when complete, with strict situation restrictions. Kdex takes no time to finish, gives too much science points in nearly all situations and biomes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 2:52 AM, Apricot said:

I think this mod is OP for Kerbalism. All other orbital science (such as DMagic Orbital Science mod) takes days to finish and only gives a few points when complete, with strict situation restrictions. Kdex takes no time to finish, gives too much science points in nearly all situations and biomes.

Then don't use it with Kerbalism.  I personally have no interest in Kerbalism, so if you want to see it play nicely with other mods which substantially change the gameplay of KSP, then I am very happy to accept pull requests. But it is not in my pay grade to make substantial changes to cater for other mods.

And yes I am aware that adding science mods makes the core game much easier - so I suggest to reduce the science gain when playing with such mods.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:11 AM, kovakthemost said:

I started translating into Russian. I don't think anyone else will do it, so I just said what would happen :)

Thank you very much!  I've just made release v2.0.1 which includes your translations :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm receiving this message everytime that I pick ou open a vessel with this instrument:

[ERR 18:32:30.603] [ModuleScienceExperiment]: Part Module 0 doesn't implement IScalarModule

* I was receiving a similar error from other mod: 

Thanks.

Edited by Dominiquini

34 minutes ago, Dominiquini said:

I'm receiving this message everytime that I pick ou open a vessel with this instrument:

[ERR 18:32:30.603] [ModuleScienceExperiment]: Part Module 0 doesn't implement IScalarModule

* I was receiving a similar error from other mod: 

Thanks.

I fix that changinf this line on part.cfg:

FxModules = 0 // Play animation

Changed to:

FxModules = 1 // Play animation

But I have no idea what I have done!

On 7/3/2021 at 7:32 AM, Dominiquini said:

But I have no idea what I have done!

Lol, me neither.. let me take a look.

EDIT:

From the Wiki:

FxModules
Unknown - presumed to relate to animation for the module when activated

So I'm guessing it's not required per se (since the mod still works fine) but in 1.12 they might have added an additional check. Since this experiment has an animation associated with it, I guess this needs to be set to 1 now to stop log spam.

Thanks for the report :)

EDIT2:

Ok, I think I figured it out, and it's something I accidentally broke when I updated for KSP 1.11.

FXModules is the index of the animation module (starting at 0). Which was the case until I added the ModuleCargoPart in front of the modules list. Now the animation module is the second module (so index 1).

I think the "correct" fix will be to move the cargo definition to the end instead.

Edited by micha

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.