What mods do you NOT want to see in stock

As it seems threads about wanting mods in stock seem to be taken over with people saying why they do NOT want mods, or particular mods, in stock I thought a thread should be started where people can say which mods they do not want in stock, and why, without derailing another thread.

Now it is possible to say `There is a thread for that`

I most likely will not be commenting or responding to quotes, just started the thread so people would have a place to discuss this sort of thing

Edited by John FX

18 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

The Scott Manley Head Pack.

Reveal hidden contents

D76DeF4.png

we need to make it a forum rule to never mention this :D.

anyway, I would not add in any form of warp engines, or that instant teleport mod (cant remember name of it but it requires satellites to instantly move ships places) to stock, because even though they are awesome, they would belong in a futuristic game, not in Stock KSP.

Anything that adds in technology that has never been built/developed and anything that is too far beyond reach. With this, i mean no Warp Drives, no Fusion Reactors and no other stars. Neither would i want to see any mods with parts that don't look stockalike at all (SpaceY for example).

4 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

I argue that's the most important mod pack to be added!

Here is an example that shows that both threads will have some inevitable crossover. Worth noting, eh?

I'll say that RSS/RO should never be added, for a number of reasons:

1) Lower end PC's can't run it well.

2) Many players, including me, don't have the skill needed to succeed in RO.

I'll agree with RSS/RO, and throw in Principia.  N-Body physics would require many changes.  The necessary UI changes are what would concern me the most. 

I'm on the fence with the science fiction stuff.  I could see a place for it, but not with the current balance where it's too easy to cap out the tech tree without ever visiting another planet.

I'll throw in Kerbal Construction Time and Dang It!

Both very cool, but neither has a place in stock IMO. Things shouldn't break at random and people shouldn't be forced to wait to play the game, unless of course that person wants it and mods it in.

Anything that would create the need for a mod to remove the feature should stay as a mod that provides the feature.

Better explained by what would be added:

Stock game would integrate only mods that are pure 'quality of life' improvements or 'fixes' for an existing issue. The kind of stuff that is "already better than stock" and "no-one would complain"

In some other cases we have one or more mod options for a feature but still enough room for another 'take at it'. If modders don't show interest in doing so the devs may step in, adding the feature in some way no mod did before.

8 hours ago, Jas0n said:

Agreed, even though i only play RSS/RO all the time. KSP is supposed to teach the basics.

A Dungeon Keeper mod that requires you to slap your Kerbonauts with a large, disembodied hand in order to get them to work.

If you slap them too much, they die with a little whimper and their carcass becomes an obstruction that other Kerbals must dig out with pickaxes. To replace him, you'll have to pluck another Kerbal by the scruff, grunting and struggling, out of the Astronaut Complex. You drop him onto the capsule of your waiting rocket, give him a slap for motivation, then press Spacebar to launch.

Once in orbit, you can build out little areas where bullwhips methodically "train" science and engineering Kerbals to be more efficient on missions. But if one of them bolts and runs in fear, you'll have to pluck him up again and drop him into a lightning room powered by a car battery that "re-adjusts" them.

On a planet's surface, Kerbals must labor constantly to find ore to satisfy your ceaseless demands for more fuel to supply your oversized boosters. Sometimes you'll find some gold ore that can be used to pack your coffers so bigger, crazier rockets are more affordable. Those few, hearty Kerbals who do not die from overwork, cave-ins, starvation, exhaustion, or idle slapping from above will grow into larger golems. These creatures can hold rockets steady while launching from other planetary bodies, but of course get incinerated in the process.

Okay, now I want this mod. (Goes to Hell)

12 hours ago, Jas0n said:

I'm about as low on the 'weak PC' spectrum as possible and even I can run RSS/RO moderately well. So if it's solely performance then I don't see the issue.

As to the skill aspect, I argue you do have the skill. You just haven't developed it yet. Now I will agree it should be a hard version of KSP as it is a bit more challenging but assuming you build right, it's quite straight forward.

You say it's difficult, but so was Kerbin when you started playing. Getting to orbit Kerbin felt like engineering all the means for actually going to space because of how difficult it felt! Now that you've gained a better understanding of the game, trips to orbit are routine and bland.

RSS/RO is the same way. You just have to learn the basics and stock KSP provides a lot of what you need. It's honestly not that complex, it just looks that way because of the scale and all the numbers in your face. Look at it one issue at a time and you realize it's not that much worse than stock.

OPT spaceplane parts and mods along similar lines (B9 space somethingsomesuch, SpaceY). They are really nice mods, but, too OP for my book. I would highly support QoL improvements, a la KER, EEXR, Precise Maneuver, and Pilot assistant.

Edited by qzgy

Nobody has done anything wrong here, but we have decided to close this thread to keep the discussion all in one place. A thread about what mods we don't want in stock will invariably include comments about what we do want in stock, and vice versa. So this topic has been closed in favour of the other one.