How do I space?

Crackerslaper

6 hours ago, Crackerslaper said:

I'm just a new player looking for some tips and tricks and mod recommendations :P

Well what mods are you looking for? Ex: Graphic mods, parts mods, etc

But if you're new to KSP I do recommend that you play through and understand how to this and that before mods because.. Good reasons

Build a small rocket and fly it. Add a stage to it and fly it farther. Keep doing that until you get a feel for the game and figure out how to get where you want to go. 

Seriously. :D That's how I learned the game. 

I'd suggest you start with the tutorials.  I skipped them, because I don't follow advice, but I've also been a space enthusiast since the 1960s, built and flew model rockets both in the early 1970s and again in the 1990s, and watched a lot of YouTube videos before I even had the game.  I started by finding instructions on the web about how to build and fly a rocket into orbit in the free demo; once I had the game, in my first sandbox save, I had orbit on my third launch (first two lacked sufficient delta-V).

But if you don't like tutorials, follow the advice above, about adding stages and seeing what you get.  Read the part descriptions.  Find out for yourself what various engines can do.  Learn how the nav ball works.  Watch Scott Manley and Mark Thrimm videos on YouTube.

You'll get it.  It's not -- oh, yeah, it is rocket science, but it's not brain surgery.

I like the mod "Unmanned before manned", which requires you to have a more natural progression, starting from probes rather than manned missions. It also supplies you with contracts that will bring you further and further, providing some guidance on what to do.

On 10/17/2017 at 4:28 PM, Crackerslaper said:

I'm just a new player looking for some tips and tricks and mod recommendations :P

Go Get Kerbal Engineer It Gives You stats Of Your spacecraft or about how high and deltaV  And alot more Btw Its a Mod

Edited by KerbalTween

First and most useful advice is..

Have fun!

All borders you meet there are there to be brocken down. KSP is the biggest sandbox you meet and is there to give you the ability to try Everything out.

Build, launch, laugh or swear... it is your world to decide wich way your imagination will bring you.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses

Edited by Urses

Use the space bar, of course... :D

Also, don't hesitate to share images of your craft. This can and often allows some of us experienced players to diagnose your problems. That's what I did back in 0.18... posted some screen shots and asked for help. I also watched a lot of Scott Manley videos to understand the finer points of KSP.

Edited by adsii1970