Start screen, the pool

How to start a screen.  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What format is the ideal for the starting screen?

• A main page with the principal options. [Start Game] leading to a 2nd page.
    • A single page with all option. The option from the 2nd page should be accomodated.
    • Other
  2. 2. How relevant is the kind of start screen KSP have?

• Both option are equaly good.
    • One option is better but the other also work.
    • One option should be used, the other just cause issues.
    • Not sure./ Don't want to answer.

A suggestion was made to change the start screen,  quickly the discussion veered to the subject of  how many player would like to see the change and how important the change would be for those players. 

The intent off this pool is to give a better answer for this question without worries about the other aspects of the implementation (or not) of the suggestion. Feel free to post explaining the reasoning of your decision but let theother aspect for the suggestion thread:

In particular avoid to post in this thread to express:

-Your suppositions about what other players think about the idea.

-your disagreement with the reasoning of other posters

-How difficult or easy do you think is to implement the idea

-Which other features should be implemented before

Edit: note to self, when creating a pool, and setting an automatic close date, make sure you set the date correct. ..also D'oh!

I didn't find a option to reopen it. A moderator can do it?

Edited by Spricigo

There's just no need for it all to be on one page. In fact, if we're going to do that then why not repurpose the KSP launcher into the "Main Menu" and just have the entire game close when you want to access your settings, credits, or any of the other features.

In my eyes, either you have multiple screens on the Main Menu, each with their own 3D modeled backgrounds, characters and objects, or we simply remove the game entirely from the Main Menu and simply leave it to a HD static image instead. Let the game load up and boot up when you select your save.

A great example is Witcher 3. Startup the game, it stops at the main menu, from there you can continue your latest save with a single click.
In game, you press escape and a single click exits back to desktop.

It should be that simple

• 1 month later...

I do not understand the second voting question. Until it is made clearer I cannot vote.

EDIT :

Every time I play another game and all I have to do is press escape, then `exit to desktop` I am reminded of my extreme frustration in just leaving the game when I have to press escape, click to leave the game, wait for assets to unload, click to go back one menu, click again to select exit, then click AGAIN TO CONFIRM!

escape, click, click, click, click to confirm

should be

escape, click. I would accept an `are you sure` at this point.

Of course what I actually do is F5, ALT-TAB to desktop, select `close window` to shut down KSP.

The menu system is so frustrating and slow I simply do not use it.

Edited by John FX

1 hour ago, John FX said:

I do not understand the second voting question. Until it is made clearer I cannot vote.

The 2nd question is how much you want the menu the ideal way. Kinda "how much it need to be changed/maintained?" ("I really don't care"/"would be nice"/"KSP is broken").

In any case added a new option if you(or anyone else) are still unsure. Or just prefer to give the opinion about the 1st question.

1 minute ago, Spricigo said:

The 2nd question is how much you want the menu the ideal way. Kinda "how much it need to be changed/maintained?" ("I really don't care"/"would be nice"/"KSP is broken").

In any case added a new option if you(or anyone else) are still unsure. Or just prefer to give the opinion about the 1st question.

Gotcha. Have voted.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.