Rewind Mod

TheOtherDave

Is there a mod that lets you "rewind" the last bit of gameplay? Like maybe 10-15 seconds? I'm looking for a way to undo whatever damage The Kraken does without having to figure out how to copy ships from the ship file and edit them into a save file while trying to remember how much fuel I had and whatnot.

No. The only way I could think to do it would be to save the game every few seconds, which would be very resource intensive.

Better would be an easier way to pick from the already pretty prolific set of automatic quicksaves that the game and some mods make. Say, ctrl-alt-f9 and it brings up a list of all persistent files in your save folder and subfolders, reverse sorted by date.

And if course, when you pick one it backs up the current one before restoring :)

Thanks! I'll look into those.

It might be a moot point, though. I ended up force-quiting KSP to prevent it from re-autosaving, and just loaded my game back up. I went to the tracking station, flew the craft, and it immediately spun out of control and exploded. "Well, ok, force-quit again, reload again, SAVE THE GAME, turn on unbreakable joints, go to the tracking station, etc". This time, the craft immediately spun out of control but didn't explode because of the cheat. Reloaded the save and tried turning SAS off, no improvement. Reloaded the save and tried turning off rigid attachment (something necessary to get it to launch), no improvement. I eventually gave up and figured that since I knew (well, was pretty sure) I'd have had enough fuel to complete the mission, I'd just cheat myself into the correct orbit, run the tests (pro tip: time warp to make everything calm down, select the part, then turn off time warp and the "log whatever" button will appear in the menu that's already open from when you selected the part), and called it a day. There weren't any Kerbals on board or anything, so I just left it to explode next time I try to load it without the cheats enabled. Maybe I'll try to mount a "rescue" mission for the science on-board that couldn't be transmitted back, but I completed the contract, so...

I still don't know what the issue with my craft is, other than being long and skinny, so I guess what I really need is a mod that gets rid of the Kraken. I guess I just won't use that craft anymore.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.