7 hours ago, 0something0 said:

Each vessel would also have a record of when it was shared/unshared in-game time so players must be in that time window to see that vessel.

What happens when the station my ship is docked to "expires" and is removed?

All suggestions for multiplayer in KSP make things unnecessarily complicated. Squad has bigger krakens to fry than try to shoehorn MP into the stock game, for the small fraction of players that are clamoring asking for it, and then deal with the players screaming about the bugs in MP or introduced by MP.

As I posted above, MP in a different Kerbal game is another story, but my opinion on MP in the current KSP is...

6VPdSq2.png

Multiplayer would definitely be a fun thing, but - as has been said many, many times already - adding multiplayer to the game we know and love would be a (lousy) compromise at best.  The whole game concept and core code are simply not made that way.  Really, despite its oft-aired limitations, I think it has grown into one great open world sim with rockets.  Rockets, guys and gals!  ROCKETS!!

BUT, if a totally new multiplayer-from-the-ground-up game were produced, with the ability to import our Kerbal Kreations and fly/drive/sail/hop them around the Kerbal system together... that could work.  If someone (i.e. some company with the rights) were to develop a rich gameplay mechanic for it and crunch the numbers on profitability, accounting for the server infrastructure and storage and privacy concerns, and we - impatient kerballers that we are - could all wait for the dev cycle, and ...

... and above all, figure out who is allowed to be Jeb.  (Too late, I called it :sticktongue:).

On 4/19/2018 at 5:52 PM, KenjiKrafts said:

Real Time Dogfighting would be a start, I could really put my tanks through their pases and you could even do Space X vs NASA. 

Not that this will happen or be pleasant as you'd have to sacrifice the time warp 

You want Elite Dangerous. The moment Squad adds any sort of weaponry and fighting to KSP I'm deleting the game.

2 hours ago, Kerbital said:

You want Elite Dangerous. The moment Squad adds any sort of weaponry and fighting to KSP I'm deleting the game.

Agreed 100%! There are tons of wargames out there in which you can happily blow each other to bits. No reason to corrupt one of the few decent space simulators.

Edited by Tyko

On 6/8/2018 at 11:13 PM, Tyko said:

Agreed 100%! There are tons of wargames out there in which you can happily blow each other to bits. No reason to corrupt one of the few decent space simulators.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:21 PM, Kerbital said:

lol. BDArmory has taken this corruption to the next level :)

Even an initial work for LMP has been done for Multiplayer scenarios:

7 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

lol. BDArmory has taken this corruption to the next level :)

Even an initial work for LMP has been done for Multiplayer scenarios:

Dude you need to come around the LMP discord, I would love to finish the sync between BDA and LMP!

• 2 weeks later...

I want multiplayer - but the whole game. I just made a grand tour ship. It is modular - so basically many ships joined with docking ports. It has a Ore scanning ship that could be flown by a second player. It has a ship just for Eve with stages. The rest is mostly a big Atomic tug and a detachable vector powered bit to help on higher gravity moon's and to go alone for Tylo and Laythe. I could really have used a friend to help me fly the last Grand tour I did and that didn't include Eve's surface. Regardless either make KSP multiplayer or make KSP 2 with Multiplayer! I have had my moneys worth from Kerbal many times over. I played from beta and bug tested - I helped fix bits of Ike where you fell into it - well I found it. Another reason to add multiplayer is the only game that could be better than KSP is KSP with multiplayer. Dominate the market! Please! I pay you! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.