How do you get badges below your name?

F3ARSTUNTS

I've been on these fourms for a year now and have been using them for about 2 years and I'm still oblivious to how you get the badges below your name where it would say something like K-Prize or Jool 5 Completed. Halp? I don't know where this would fit so if a mod or admin can move this to the right section that'd be neat.

You just have to complete the associated challenge. Once you do, the challenge-maker will give you permission to use the badge. You can then put it in your signature. Look in the "Challenges and Mission Ideas" subforum. There are tons of different challenges to choose from. Just pick one that sounds fun and go for it.

Those you mentioned are challenge badges. Go to the Challenge and Mission Ideas subforum, find one that interest you and earn the right to use the badge. Then go to your signature settings and include the badge.

Being user generated content, badges can be 'awarded' for other reasons (e.g. I had seen bug hunters using "bug exterminator " badge). And while I wrote that !!@Cpt Kerbalkrunch just earned the "forum ninja" badge.

Edited by Spricigo

Also, even though I've changed my own signature dozens of times I still have to hunt for it. Click your name in the top right of any page, click "Account Settings", then on the left of that page "Signature."

Your signature uses the same format as posts do, with a very strict height limit. If what you want to do doesn't fit, you need to change it so it fits.

7 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Also, even though I've changed my own signature dozens of times I still have to hunt for it. Click your name in the top right of any page, click "Account Settings", then on the left of that page "Signature."

Your signature uses the same format as posts do, with a very strict height limit. If what you want to do doesn't fit, you need to change it so it fits.

This, this is so true,. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.