The airplane picture thread.

2 hours ago, PakledHostage said:

Three photos from this past summer:

c3f00a79208ad9d6abe7f2db4a3d2533.jpg

9582fcc649b9144f58ea01fd92af3bc7.jpg

af8635965a03748923249d1b10f68447.jpg

Cool! I saw an F-35 last year at an airshow. Unfortunately, the tablet with the photos jammed on me, and forced a factory reset. They werent backed up anywhere...

1 hour ago, dundun92 said:

Cool! I saw an F-35 last year at an airshow. 

It was a hot day with lots of heat shimmer coming off the runways so most of my photos weren't very sharp, but I liked the composition of that one. It looks like something out of a sci-fi movie. 

As for the other ones, I've always loved the P-51, and the Aeroshell team put on a good show. Cranking an airplane with greater than 1:1 thrust to weight ratio around the sky is a lot easier than doing the same thing in a big heavy T6. Watching those guys was like watching a rollercoaster. Their energy management was impeccable.

I just wish i could be a passenger of those beautiful vehicles more. I live right next to the airport, get them flying above my head, hearing the jet engines throttle, but it hurts i almost never get inside those beautiful stand-up guys.

On 10/20/2017 at 9:08 PM, dundun93 said:

has anyone seen a Airbus A380?

i see them twice a day!

I sometimes take professional visitors on PR tours of the factory where they are built. Pictures not allowed, unfortunately. :/

But last year, this happened...

knlHXJL.jpg

17 hours ago, Kokoro said:

This picture Antonov tweeted earlier:

We have seen Mriya a couple of times in Toulouse. By now, I'm used to being around big planes, but Mriya is just... awesome.

Some I shared online years ago with JetPhotos.net, before it become some kind of an "artistic but boring" website for usual everyday aircraft:

75428_1376354547.jpg

The BSL Airlines Il-78M landing at Juliana in 95, about a week after hurricane Luis struck the island.

46077_1376392179.jpg

A Sun County 727-200Adv.

40305_1376392297.jpg

An Air Outre-Mer DC-10-30; still at Juliana. It was in 98, but I still can remember clearly the stop-over destination: La Romana in Dominican Republic, before the final step to Paris Orly.

1q12EVf.jpg

Britair CRJ-1000ER landing at Brest Guipavas.

7RlW6xN.jpg

My beloved Juliett-Charlie. This picture actually isn't mine... and for a good reason as I was in the cockpit that day.

Edited by XB-70A

5 hours ago, NSEP said:

I just wish i could be a passenger of those beautiful vehicles more. I live right next to the airport, get them flying above my head, hearing the jet engines throttle, but it hurts i almost never get inside those beautiful stand-up guys.

I live near a big airport and used to work in a number of places with aircraft, from a flying school and I even worked as a contractor for BA.  I have never been on an airliner flyng.  I have never had the money to go away.

g-bdxi_01.jpg

g-bvkd_03.jpg

qJ6bVHP.jpg

dBfvnTX.jpg

IHXNYHh.jpg

One of the two KC-707-329 Re'em from the IDF at Brest. They were of their way to participate to Red Flag 2014 and made a stop at our airport. It was the fourth and last time for now I've seen 707s. And I will never forget them as during the same day sunset a friend and I were walking along the coast. When, suddenly, we heard some thunderous noise. By looking at the South it was possible for us to see four black smoke trails climbing to the sky. I guess their next step were the Açores.

xcQqWrz.jpg

A French Air Force A310-300, still at Brest, but I can't remember why it was there that day...

CAZDqkv.jpg

DA40NG F-HOOO. The airclub used to have a fleet of 10 aircraft at the time I leaved, 3 of them being Diamond Star. But of these three Oscar x 3 was the best (to me). Less failures, and, strangely, a better behavior than the others two in flight.

T0fOZEM.jpg

F-HOAA rear view from F-HOOO. A good way to see the offset forward gear. Just like the beautiful HS 121 Trident.

----

13 hours ago, Kokoro said:

g-bdxi_01.jpg

This ex-BA livery got something exceptional to my taste. I found it was even more better on their 757s, going pretty well with their fine lines.

Edited by XB-70A

2 hours ago, XB-70A said:

This ex-BA livery got something exceptional to my taste. I found it was even more better on their 757s, going pretty well with their fine lines.

I agree.  I prefer the "Landor" livery aswell.

This picture is G-BDXI about to be broken up at Cardiff.  I got to see Famous 747 BDXH a few times at Cardiff but didn't get any pictures.

The 735 picture I posted is G-BVKD shortly before it had this livery applied:

gbvkd01.jpg

gbvkd02.jpg

Edit:

G-BVKD is now registered as PK-KSP in Indonesia..... KSP!

Edited by Kokoro
more info

On 23/10/2017 at 2:39 AM, Kokoro said:

G-BVKD is now registered as PK-KSP in Indonesia..... KSP!

What a news !

Spoiler

Not my image

pk-ksp-kalstar-aviation-boeing-737-59d_P

I don't have much photos of aircrafts. I don't pay much attention when they fly above, so too often they'll move too quickly to be photographed in the instant. Additionally, I don't fly too often. Currently I don't live in a place with vantage points to runway approach, but my parents home are, often you can hear them landing or taking off, sometimes there's nothing. The airport is half military, and it's the main airport for dignitaries and such.

Here's however, a shot of a WIP airport :

20170407_144633.jpg?dl=0

Edited by YNM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.