The airplane picture thread.

5 hours ago, Kokoro said:

BAe 146 Post!

g-blra_01.jpg

146to.jpg

I just love them. To me the BAe 146/ Avro RJs family was just another proof of how elegant the British aircraft manufacturers were. Which tactical bomber was more elegant and sexy than the TSR.2 in the 60's? Even if I enjoy the lines of the Mirage IV, they are not as smooth than the wonder from BAC. The same for the VC10, and the Trident which were graceful.

On 10/28/2017 at 4:25 PM, XB-70A said:

I just love them. To me the BAe 146/ Avro RJs family was just another proof of how elegant the British aircraft manufacturers were. Which tactical bomber was more elegant and sexy than the TSR.2 in the 60's? Even if I enjoy the lines of the Mirage IV, they are not as smooth than the wonder from BAC. The same for the VC10, and the Trident which were graceful.

Ugh. I dont like British planes! IMO, they arent best shaped. No, that title belongs to the F-16.

The Dash-8 turboprop.

Flew in one a while ago. Great plane for shorter flights (3 hours or less). Not noisy at all, comfortable. 
Able to make a 6 hour road trip by car last 50 minutes once you're in the air.

Air_Canada_Bombardier_Dash_8-400_C-FSRV_

2 hours ago, GDJ said:

The Dash-8 turboprop.

Flew in one a while ago. Great plane for shorter flights (3 hours or less). Not noisy at all, comfortable. 
Able to make a 6 hour road trip by car last 50 minutes once you're in the air.

Air_Canada_Bombardier_Dash_8-400_C-FSRV_

Nice! I've flown in a lot of airplanes:

747-400

787-8 and 9(many times)

737 family (a lot of times)

A320 family (a lot of times)

777-200ER

E175 family(over three times)

and a couple of others...

all of them are united airlines. we fly so much because my dad works for United so we get free standby flights!

20 hours ago, dundun93 said:

How did you get that photo?!?

My friend with Canon EOS 550D shot them and sent to me, I cropped them a bit in Irfanview and uploaded(Imgur refuses to load originals but I still have them if anyone interested). But the planes themselves have flown above us in 2015 IIRC, that was "9-th of May" parade or it's rehearsal.

EDIT: Found the video with all of them above Red Square (Helis didn't fly above us, only planes did)

Edited by Warro

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, DDE said:

Did it have an ISRU refinery onboard? :sticktongue:

Dreamchaser, en garde!

105_11.jpg

CHEESY PHOTO!

Spoiler

AIRPLANEAIRPLANEAIRPLANEAIRPLANEAIRPLANEAIRPLANEAIRPLANEAIRPLANE

5 minutes ago, dundun93 said:

You took those pictures?

Yup, I have thousands of them. I started in Decemeber 2015 and went there about 20 times since then. Once over a two day period I took around 800 pictures.

Edited by Dfthu

My mother "flew" on one of these when she was six, on a vacation flight to Crimea:

300px-Aeroflot_Tupolev_Tu-104B_at_Arlanda%2C_July_1972.jpg

I say "flew" because one of the engines actually ignited while on the taxiway, so her and my grandmother had to wait in the heat for like 4 hours before they were herded off the plane and sent back home. I can say the trip didn't go that well.

EDIT: and by the way this was before any of them knew about the Tu-104's crappy safety record. Obviously. The USSR even covered that up.

Edited by Matuchkin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.