How to mark a place as visited in a new game?

I want to start a new career game and transfer my progress from my old career, for which I do not have save files.  Is there a way to recreate following game conditions from my previous campaign? 

1. Mark all biomes in Kerbin, Mun and Minmus as visited and science(using stock and mod parts) gathered.
  2. Allocate player science points equal to science, gathered from these locations.
  3. Mark unique contracts(reach altitude/speed/visit anomaly) for Kerbin/Mun/Minmus as completed.
Edited by Mine_Turtle

8 hours ago, Mine_Turtle said:

I want to start a new career game and transfer my progress from my old career, for which I do not have save files.  Is there a way to recreate following game conditions from my previous campaign? 

1. Mark all biomes in Kerbin, Mun and Minmus as visited and science(using stock and mod parts) gathered.
  2. Allocate player science points equal to science, gathered from these locations.
  3. Mark unique contracts(reach altitude/speed/visit anomaly) for Kerbin/Mun/Minmus as completed.

When you start a new game, use the options to give yourself more starting Science and Funds.  Then just click off the tech tree for the nodes you've already unlocked.  If the options sliders don't give you enough starting Science or Funds, just edit those values in your save file.  I don't think there's a slider for rep so you have to edit save file to get that back, too.  All these values are up near the top and are easy to find.

As to biomes, if you know you've already been there, done that, just don't bother going there again.  There's no achievement for hitting everything so it really doesn't matter if the science archives show them done or not.

IFAIK, the only way to get all the World's First achievements again is to actually do all that stuff over.  These aren't contracts, they're milestone moments.  If you're not going back anywhere you've already visited, then you won't get those achievements again, although you're 1st launch in the game will surely score all the speed/altitude/orbit ones for Kerbin.  But really, this isn't a big deal.  These achievements just give you money and a little science and rep.  These can be subsumed into the starting amounts of these things you're already giving yourself.

19 hours ago, Mine_Turtle said:
  • Mark all biomes in Kerbin, Mun and Minmus as visited and science(using stock and mod parts) gathered.
  • Allocate player science points equal to science, gathered from these locations.
  • Mark unique contracts(reach altitude/speed/visit anomaly) for Kerbin/Mun/Minmus as completed.

1.) Not possible outright. Workaround is possible with a mod (Kopernicus) by editing the location multiplier for Kerbin's surface. Setting it to 0 will make any and all experiments performed while landed or splashed down yield zero science, even though they are not marked as completed.

2.) You can do this in the difficulty options when starting the game.

3.) Not possible. You'll need to force-complete them via the debug menu once they appear. And yes, that will pay out the rewards, no way around that.

If that is not enough for you, you literally and manually need to recreate your progress up to where you stopped last time, I'm afraid.

34 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

3.) Not possible. You'll need to force-complete them via the debug menu once they appear. And yes, that will pay out the rewards, no way around that.

Actually this one is possible and easy to do, just requires sfs editing - you just copy over the whole ProgressTracking scenario section. If one really cares about completed contract items, those are also copyable individually.

20 hours ago, Mine_Turtle said:

You can manually add science points to your current game using the Alt+f12 debug menu. In here, there are buttons for adding or substracting e.g. 100 science points. I use this method to add the exact amount of science that I need to unlock technologies that I already researched in a previous career. No sfs file editing necessary :) 

This is usefull if you want to start a new career at the same level where you left your previous career. You can skip the early part of the game, which is a bit grindy in my opinion. 

Edited by DaMaster_Architect

Thank you,  everyone, for your replies. I was thinking about using HyperEdit to get to places myself, but was wondering if a better alternative, like editing save game directly or using a mod exists.

Although I can always just give myself extra funds and science on game start, I want to mark certain locations as visited for consistency. When using mods like xScience or any other stat tracking mod, looking at the list of places you have been to and gathered science gives a feeling of accomplishment and simplifies mission planning. 

2 hours ago, FancyMouse said:

Actually this one is possible and easy to do, just requires sfs editing - you just copy over the whole ProgressTracking scenario section. If one really cares about completed contract items, those are also copyable individually.

I considered mentioning this, but he writes that he doesn't have the save file of his old career anymore. Therefore, the only way he can copy over the progress would be to first create a save that has this progress. And the moment he does that, he doesn't have to copy over anything anymore. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.